Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track (360 Views)

NATFORCE: Babagana Monguno Orders Dismantling Of Illegal Security Outfits / Aguiyi Ironsi's Speech Announcing And Defending The Dismantling Of Regional Gov / Updated: List Of Indictments, Arrests And Executions!! Dismantling The Deepstate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track by tonye33(m): 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
The dismantling of the old track which started from Port-Harcourt has reached Enugu and will continue to Maiduguri.

As I write, the relaying of new sets of tracks with concrete sleepers has commenced from Port-Harcourt and we are hopeful that train operations will resume soon. The contractors are dismantling and stacking the tracks at strategic places along the route.

CCECC have constructed a Concrete Sleeper Construction Plant in Ishiagu, Ebonyi State with a capacity of constructing 800 concrete sleepers daily.

The factory has commenced production. The greatest challenge we face today in the Nigerian Railway Corporation, Eastern District, ie from Port-Harcourt to Enugu is the vandalism of Railway track materials.

Me: I think these people should be shot at sight. Community leaders should safeguard the infrastructures please While the rail tracks are working in other parts of the country, vandals go into the bushes around this part of the country, using oxygen and acetylene, cutting into pieces and carting away these heavy and highly capital-intensive materials.

It took a lot of pressure on the Federal Government to award this contract because they were not interested in awarding contracts worth billions of dollars and naira only for vandals to destroy them. As we celebrate what we are seeing, let us also have an eye on these facilities and report any suspicious activities around the tracks so that criminal elements will not frustrate this good development.

Attached pictures are the commencement of the laying of new tracks which will continue to Enugu and beyond,
CCECC concrete sleepers Plant at Ishiagu and the stacking of removed materials at Agbani.

DR. ONYEDIKACHI S. ONOVO
EASTERN DISTRICT PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER.
NRC, ENUGU.

Re: The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track by tonye33(m): 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
More photos

Re: The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track by pandax: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
tonye33:
The dismantling of the old track which started from Port-Harcourt has reached Enugu and will continue to Maiduguri.

As I write, the relaying of new sets of tracks with concrete sleepers has commenced from Port-Harcourt and we are hopeful that train operations will resume soon. The contractors are dismantling and stacking the tracks at strategic places along the route.

CCECC have constructed a Concrete Sleeper Construction Plant in Ishiagu, Ebonyi State with a capacity of constructing 800 concrete sleepers daily.

The factory has commenced production. The greatest challenge we face today in the Nigerian Railway Corporation, Eastern District, ie from Port-Harcourt to Enugu is the vandalism of Railway track materials.

Me: I think these people should be shot at sight. Community leaders should safeguard the infrastructures please While the rail tracks are working in other parts of the country, vandals go into the bushes around this part of the country, using oxygen and acetylene, cutting into pieces and carting away these heavy and highly capital-intensive materials.

It took a lot of pressure on the Federal Government to award this contract because they were not interested in awarding contracts worth billions of dollars and naira only for vandals to destroy them. As we celebrate what we are seeing, let us also have an eye on these facilities and report any suspicious activities around the tracks so that criminal elements will not frustrate this good development.

Attached pictures are the commencement of the laying of new tracks which will continue to Enugu and beyond,
CCECC concrete sleepers Plant at Ishiagu and the stacking of removed materials at Agbani.

DR. ONYEDIKACHI S. ONOVO
NRC, ENUGU.

Narrow guage i suppose?
Re: The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track by slimfit1(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
I don't how we need Chinese man to show us how to take off and on railway tracks. I mean it's just one plus one. Come to London half of the people repairing the tracks are Nigerians.
Re: The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track by Ogene001: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
They should create a spur from Makurdi to Abuja.
Re: The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track by lazkizz(m): 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
angry grin
Re: The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track by reiddecuti: 11:18am On Jun 15, 2023
I can't await for the new Nigeria of our dream where there is a stable policy to aid good economy, health, education, transportation, energy and power, pipe born water, surplus food, employment of labour and creating of job.

A Nigeria where there is love and trust between the North and the South; the East and the West.

It is doable!

We can do it!!
Re: The Dismantling Of The Old Rail Track by Parachoko: 11:26am On Jun 15, 2023
tonye33:

DR. ONYEDIKACHI S. ONOVO
NRC, ENUGU.
Thank you for sharing the good news

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom 2023 Election Petition Tribunal: Oba Petitions Cjn On Threats To Lives / Blackmailing Omo Agege Won’t Give You Appointment; Tinubu Is Not A Political Nov / Umuahia-ikwuano-ikot Ekpene Road: Indigenes Went Hartland Construction Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.