Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

“I Came To Brief The President”: Jonathan Says After Meeting President Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Came To Brief The President”: Jonathan Says After Meeting President Tinubu (423 Views)

Bayelsa Governorship’s Logjam: INEC Set To Brief Media / Jonathan Says Lamido Is A "Sulking Skunk" To Whom Logic Means Nothing / Bayelsa 2019: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Can’t Work For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Came To Brief The President”: Jonathan Says After Meeting President Tinubu by jerryayaebi2: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
Jonathan Reveals Details of His Meeting with President Tinubu

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has revealed the details of his meeting with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

As reported by TheCable, Jonathan said he visited President Tinubu, on Tuesday, June 13, to brief him about the planned constitutional referendum in Mali.
The former president disclosed this while speaking with newsmen after the meeting.

Mali will conduct a referendum on a new constitution on June 18 to vote to uphold the legitimacy of the draft of the new constitution.
The referendum will be a precursor to the long-awaited elections scheduled for February 2024.

The new constitution empowers the president to appoint the prime minister and ministers, also the power to dissolve parliament.

However, a certain portion of the draft constitution describing Mali as a secular state has sparked controversy among religious leaders in the predominantly Muslim state.

Jonathan said those are the issues he discussed with Tinubu during the meeting.

Jonathan said:
“I came to brief the president on the activities of some continental and subcontinental bodies. You know, I am the ECOWAS mediator for Mali and the chairman of the West African Elders Forum.

“So, there are certain issues bordering on the continent and the sub-region that I discuss with various presidents.”

Source: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1539308-jonathan-reveals-details-meeting-president-tinubu/

Re: “I Came To Brief The President”: Jonathan Says After Meeting President Tinubu by Parachoko: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
Pandora Orchins will cry reading this article

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Came To Brief The President”: Jonathan Says After Meeting President Tinubu by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
jona nor dey put person for mind free guy
Re: “I Came To Brief The President”: Jonathan Says After Meeting President Tinubu by Samfloxin(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Evil people that don't have the good of the country at heart... as if he didn't see the sham of election
Re: “I Came To Brief The President”: Jonathan Says After Meeting President Tinubu by Berrityga: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
The issue here is that the elections where flawed. If not nothing can be worst than buhari
Re: “I Came To Brief The President”: Jonathan Says After Meeting President Tinubu by Ismael97(m): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oga Jona, well done Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s New President Acts Fast - The Economist / Islamic New Year: Oyo, Kano, Osun Declare Work-free Day / Four Escape Death As Helicopter Crash in ikeja, lagos [photonews]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.