Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu (20678 Views)

FG Postpones Students Loan Indefinitely / National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Confiture: 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2023
The loan recovery does not start until you get employed.

I love this part. I also love it that it is interest free. Well done, Mr President
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Navalsadiq(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
I hope it's a loan that student will be able to pay back.

Not like foreign countries where they take student take loan and are unable to pay back
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by forgiveness: 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
ecolime:

You wan Japa 🤣

Not at all. Just curious.

I traveled outside several times when I was very young even till date. I love my country.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by damkin24(m): 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
rexchazy:
The so call student loan is wickedness in disguise. Imagine giving student loan and not subsidizing tuition fee is disaster waiting. I saw some group of NAS going to sing solidarity in the state house not knowing a chunk of them will not even graduate from the tertiary institution with the introduction of tuition fee. I attended a federal university with subsidized tuition fee I can only imagine when student start paying lecturer take home. Some of Tinubu policies are anti-people but alot don't see because of nepotism.
Tell us some of Pandora imaginary policies and let's compare
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by jcflex(m): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
rexchazy:
The so call student loan is wickedness in disguise. Imagine giving student loan and not subsidizing tuition fee is disaster waiting. I saw some group of NAS going to sing solidarity in the state house not knowing a chunk of them will not even graduate from the tertiary institution with the introduction of tuition fee. I attended a federal university with subsidized tuition fee I can only imagine when student start paying lecturer take home. Some of Tinubu policies are anti-people but alot don't see because of nepotism.

Why are we such a wicked citizens.
You want government to subsidized education, and you still want government to give you loan for you to pay the subsidized rate.

You guys shld try and reason with brain now.
As a business man, can you give smone discount on a product, and the same person want you to borrow money to buy the product from you.

1 Like

Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Biodun556(m): 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
Gajagojo:
what this system is proposed to do is allow the university charge market rates and thereby raise quality. Those who can pay will pay and those who cannot will be offered interest free loans. That is the theory
It sounds good on paper but implementation is key.
The other thing with this system is that people can now put a price on the cost of going to university. To answer the question
What is The cost of university education in Nigeria. Right now no one knows for public universities. Even if the loan is written off in future people will know what the government has done for them . Right now everyone is entitled and ungrateful

My view is that apart from this government should hands off and ensure genuine autonomy.
If our universities are of world class no one would go to Cambridge
Back in the day in Unilag Aikhomu's children were there and many children of top Nigerians . People came from Cameroon and other African countries.
Apart from this government needs to pay attention to vocational education

Very right
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by EleventhWeirdo: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
tiswell:
Yolobas will fill the student loan scheme,

igbos care less about stuffs like that

You mean those in poverty infested states like Abia and Ebonyi where 7 in every 10 persons are wretched? Or you mean those hawking gala in SW traffics or trading okrika in 2*2 kiosks cheesy In 2021, the federal government made #461 billion in VAT from the SW. Half of that came from Lagos alone. Guess how much was raised in wretched SE, a miserable #21 billion grin; no one needs to tell you that the level of economic activities going on there is rubbish

Just dey dey yarn trash anyhow
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by ChiefS(m): 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
This will mark the end of subsidized education. They better increase minimum wage to a reasonable level before then. Nigeria is now a capitalist economy controlled by the forces of supply and demand. It will favour some and while the pains will be excruciating for those at the lower wrung of the economic ladder. nigerians are usually deceived with "initial gragra". At the beginining of buhari's regime what we heard was body language.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by dyera(m): 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
Biodun556:
School fees may increase across all federal universities.

The students loan could be another way to gain more supporters during election e.g. loan cancellation or debt forgiveness

Since some parents are borrowing to pay their children school fees, the students loan is not a bad idea because it is interest free.

Student loan is to make it possible to remove subsidy and introduce tuition fee in Nigeria government university. Where parents would have borrowed N1m to train the child through university, student loan would be N3m because of the inclusion of tuition fee.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by viodemus: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
His actions are not new in great countries, that's where he got excited about it from.

In life, sometimes things take time. We all want this and that, but sometimes it is a progressive step at a time, every now and then, you can jump over steps.

He should have just came out after they gave him the idea, and said this is a new slavery bill - the long way. And also this is a new account diversion bill to pay some of his supporters, maybe those who might not make it to the oil sector or direct treasury.

he will soon have oluomo to organize some people, maybe with hisba forces, to go around the country collecting student bills and collateral. He is creating another reason to keep harrassment in the system.

Do the work, lay the foundation for others or maybe you, second term to see it germinate. He wants to limit and discriminately pick students. The guy is lazy, very lazy, to work. He is at his best, when they throw praise sillybu parties.

He gave us a hint about his mental fortitude, when he was delegating questions to people around, many of the questions, that had to have his vision understood. He is a hardened failure.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by pseudonomer: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
richiemcgold:
What if a beneficiary failed to secure employment after graduation? How will he/she pay back?

You don’t pay back student loans until you get a job, and you will pay back in instalments, for like 10 years.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Lukuluku69(m): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
starstaz:

Baba, think outside the box. Life is not gloomy when u are educated . Fortunately for us, the current president is a man of the private sector and he is aware of the benefit of creating jobs for student that commit to student loans. Imagine your capacity and wider outlook, reach and ratings when you obtain a higher education, particularly when you come from poorest of the poor homes in comparison with your ssce certificate in the current state of Nigeria economy. Think through man.

I don't understand where this response is coming from to be honest. Perhaps, you could read the post I responded to in order to understand why I posted that response.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by emmaodet: 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
KingKO22:
Good move but I will also advise our new God sent president to champion a scheme that will enable a start up business loan for graduate after nysc service

There is a loan for start-ups already.
Join chamber of commerce (Nacema),Nasme or Nassi to access these loans through CBN/Nisal banks

1 Like

Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by UNDFTD: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
Another trickster and scammer, Presidiot Tiefnubu, is out to deceive the naive and gullible Nigerians.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by feniken: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
Tell government to subsidize tertiary education tuition fee and keep their student loan...
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by almarthins(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Biodun556:

During election period, there may be call for dept forgiveness

Another strategy. Tinubu dey think like awolowo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Prettychild(f): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by WorldRichest: 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
rexchazy:

Are you cursed with negativity ni?
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Mercury12(m): 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
richiemcgold:
What if a beneficiary failed to secure employment after graduation? How will he/she pay back?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Fresh34: 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
People wey go commit suicide go plenty o..no be curse
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by starstaz(m): 11:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
Lukuluku69:

I don't understand where this response is coming from to be honest. Perhaps, you could read the post I responded to in order to understand why I posted that response.

Alright. Apologies.

( Pressure ti poju ) Lol fa

Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Chassy03: 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
What of business loan make I start my gas business in peace oooo
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Lukuluku69(m): 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
[quote author=starstaz post=123802828][/quote]

Ko si wahala
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Lukuluku69(m): 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
Prettychild:

How can this be when it was not captured in the budget?

Supplementary Budget.

You know he got his people at the Assembly. His choices won at the Senate and House of Rep.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Ilekokonit: 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
richiemcgold:

I don't think they can reasonably expect you to start repaying when you don't have a job yet.

So, that 2 years after graduation repayment start date is a myth 'cos nothing can come out of nothing. If you no get work after 2 years, how you go take pay.

They probably did not think of this 'cos in the UK, you only start repaying once you get a job and not just any job but one that pays above a certain preset minimum salary.

Nigeria will have to refine theirs to meet international best practice too.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Caseless: 1:50am On Jun 15, 2023
rexchazy:
mtswwwwww
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Komu1048(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2023
vickymooore:
Tinubu copied Peter Obi, if you check very well you'll understand that this is one of the Peter Obi's promises during campaigns.

Mumu, who first made manifesto between them. Una Mumu na china made
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Offpoint1: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2023
Flets:
This brings to an end any form of subsidized tertiary education in Nigeria

Starting next session, the tuition fees in any FG university will be similar to the rates in private universities. To all those hailing this move, just hold on a bit until the gnashing of teeth starts. Please note that less than 30% of students who request for these loans will get approved.... thanks to Nigeria's endemic bureaucracies.

And you can guess what happens to the funds that would have funded the tertiary education..... to be looted by the current FG and all the vultures waiting in the wings

Nigerians are the easiest people to deceive.... we never reason beyond our noses and tribes
Baba leave them let them keep praising Tinubu out of foolishness and ignorance, when reality hits them it'll be too late.

A free tuition fee and the one you will have to borrow money to pay which is better? They lack understanding, their ignorance will clear.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by MT: 9:09am On Jun 15, 2023
References1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/breaking-students-loan-begins-september-october-tinubu/

The money going to the fuel subsidy thief is being re-chanelled to the masses.

I never knew I would hear "student loan" in my lifetime in Nigeria.

Thank you, BATMAN!
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by MT: 9:10am On Jun 15, 2023
Offpoint1:

Baba leave them let them keep praising Tinubu out of foolishness and ignorance, when reality hits them it'll be too late.

A free tuition fee and the one you will have to borrow money to pay which is better? They lack understanding, their ignorance will clear.

We are not ripe for a free tutiton fee. Even in the UK and US, they pay for tuition fee. Education is not cheap, Mr Cynic.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by Offpoint1: 10:04am On Jun 15, 2023
MT:

We are not ripe for a free tutiton fee. Even in the UK and US, they pay for tuition fee. Education is not cheap, Mr Cynic.
You'll always an excuse for them.

What have you benefited from them since independence?

If a country whose minimum wage is 30k and over 70% of her citizens are living under poverty isn't ripe for free tuition, I wonder which country is ripe for it.
Re: Students Loan Begins September/october — Tinubu by MT: 10:37am On Jun 15, 2023
Offpoint1:

You'll always an excuse for them.

What have you benefited from them since independence?

If a country whose minimum wage is 30k and over 70% of her citizens are living under poverty isn't ripe for free tuition, I wonder which country is ripe for it.

You need to be a realist.

Nigeria is broke as a nation. We keep borrowing because 90% plus of our income go into debt servicing. The new administration is just looking for ways to plug the holes.

How can you expect Nigeria to be offering free education at tertiary level. We do not have the fund. All you armchair critic always amaze me. Lot of people that cannot successfully administer over a 3-people household forming expert over someone governing the most populous black nation on earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inauguration of 8th National Assembly postponed - Vanguard / APC Reacts To Termination Of Ibom Air Worker's Appointment Over Links With Party / Osinbajo Receives Buhari Support Group In Aso Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.