Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa (322 Views)

Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home / The Informant Who Gave 'False' Information On Edwin Clark’s House Raid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa by Ceejay222(m): 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
Elder statesman and Ijaw leader, Edwin Clark, has accused the immediate past Governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Okowa, of spending state resources on the campaign of the 2023 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.

Speaking during an appearance on Arise News on Wednesday, Clark claimed Okowa betrayed the South Governors by his emergence as Atiku’s running mate for the 2023 presidential election.

He described Okowa as a traitor and a very crafty man after the 17 southern governors had, ahead of the 2023 presidential election, resolved to oppose any party that presented a northern presidential candidate in their primaries.

He said: “Let me tell you the reason why the whole of southern Nigeria regards Okowa as a traitor. Let me tell you, he is a betrayer. Okowa volunteered to host a meeting of the 17 governors of the south. He provided accommodation for every one of them.

He provided his secretariat, I know the person who was the secretary to the government at the time. They were there, they drafted the communique supervised by him and gave it to Akeredolu to read. He read it, then they all went to Lagos to confirm it, they went to Enugu to confirm it, not knowing that the same Okowa was spending our money for Atiku. I asked him in my letter to answer it.

The delegates of the PDP primary, who did they vote for? Did they vote for Wike or Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom? They all voted for Atiku. So, he deceived his colleagues that we should produce the president from the south only to team up with Atiku to betray us. All the governors know about that. He is a man who is very ambitious, quiet and gives a wrong impression about himself that he is a very good man. Very crafty man.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa by Ismael97(m): 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
We all know. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing EFCC slugging it out with the former Governor okowa. A few weeks to election, he applied for a loan and I was shocked when the state house of Assembly granted his loan application. It's disheartening to say the least. Okowa must account for all his financial and economic atrocities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa by KingKO22: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
Now him eyes go done clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa by jaeyking(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
A whole elder statesman dey talk say the 17 southern governors agree not to support a party that has a northern in its primaries

What is the difference between this and El Rufia

Any body wey kill himself cuz of politicians just waste him blood

These people only use tactics of tribe and religion to divide us
Re: ‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa by ZUKKYY(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
We know
Re: ‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa by KingOfIsoko1: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ismael97:
We all know. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing EFCC slugging it out with the former Governor okowa. A few weeks to election, he applied for a loan and I was shocked when the state house of Assembly granted his loan application. It's disheartening to say the least. Okowa must account for all his financial and economic atrocities
How many Governors has EFCC convicted
Re: ‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa by Ismael97(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
How many Governors has EFCC convicted

Tor.....
Re: ‘He Spent Delta Money On Atiku’s Campaign’-Edwin Clark Fires Okowa by Depriest2020: 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
Like Ifeanyichukwu Arthur Okowa
Like Peter Otunaya Odili.

(1) (Reply)

How Asari Dokubo And His Boys Block The Road With Military Weapons, Video / IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Gas In The SE(EXCLUDING SS) / PDP: Bamidele Has Validated Our Claims On Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.