Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Most Lagosians Have Not Visited The Snake Island, Lagos State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Lagosians Have Not Visited The Snake Island, Lagos State (666 Views)

Moist Beach Club: I Visited The Most Beautiful Beach In Lagos - Video / A Hiking Experience In Snake Island / Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Lagosians Have Not Visited The Snake Island, Lagos State by Extrastiv01(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
Most Lagosians have never visited "The Snake Island" in Lagos except they are lying about it😌

Fear not, the snake population is very low.

The Island's name comes from the land's snake-like, elongated shape, and not because it's densely populated with snakes👌

🔎 The Island is located opposite Tin Can Island Port and Apapa. (Amuwo Odofin LG)

🔎 Compared to the other popular islands of Lagos like the Banana island, it is less developed and mainly accessible by water transport.

🔎 The Island is about 14 km in length and 1.4 km wide.

🔎 The first season of the reality television series Gulder Ultimate Search took place on the Island.

🔎 The inhabitants comprises a cluster of ten resident communities namely: Imore, Ibeshe, Irede, Ilashe, Ibasa, Igbologun, Igbo-Esenyore, Igbo-Osun, Ikare, and Iyagbe.

🔎 The Nigerdock shipyard was established on the Island in 1986.

🔎 The island is owned and managed by the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) and operated by the Snake Island Integrated Free Zone (SIIFZ) Limited.

🔎" Igbologun" meaning "forest of warriors" is a popular village on the snake island.

🔎 The major occupants of this community are the Aworis and Eguns.

🔎 Igbologun Senior Secondary School established in 1986 by the military government is located on the Island.

Re: Most Lagosians Have Not Visited The Snake Island, Lagos State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
So what exactly will make Nigerians visit there? Is the first storey building there? Are there relics of slave trade there? Do they have a 100-years old tortoise there?

The shape of the land isn't something that one will even notice while on it... So, there should be something attracting Nigerians to the place, unfortunately, there isn't
Re: Most Lagosians Have Not Visited The Snake Island, Lagos State by thesicilian: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
There's nothing really special to visit on the island
Re: Most Lagosians Have Not Visited The Snake Island, Lagos State by MMempire(m): 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
I can personally and proudly state that i have been to the island (snake island).

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help. My Friend Here In India / I Need A List Of Blogspots Belonging 2 Travel Agencies At Least 4 Addre / Tourists Face Fines Over Fake Gear so be Forewarned Over Fake Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.