Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? (772 Views)

APC Leaders Meet At Oshiomhole's Residence Ahead Of Tinubu's Visit To Edo / Obaseki, Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Attacked At Oshiomhole’s House / Dino Melaye Attacks Adams Oshiomhole, Apc Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by oikirodah(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
Philip Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous or Strategic?

There is a Nigerian proverb that states, "He who forgets those who helped him climb the palm tree will not be able to gather its fruits." This proverb holds true in the political realm, where alliances and betrayals often shape the fate of politicians.

Yesterday, a reception was held in honor of the APC National Assembly members in Abuja, and one guest who captured everyone's attention was Philip Shaibu, the Deputy Governor of Edo State. His presence was met with GOAT EYES from every person present, and triggered speculation about his motives and the implications for his political future.

Philip, without a doubt, is in a ROUNDABUBU situation in which he may have gradually come to the end of his political career if he does not form some strategic alliances.

It is rumoured that his immediate boss, Governor Godwin Obaseki, told him that the only way he could support him for the governorship of the state next year was if he defeated Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole in the last general elections, which included both the presidential and National Assembly.

This task seemed insurmountable for Shaibu, as even securing victory in his own unit proved to be an arduous endeavor.

Although I still believe it would be ingratitude if Obaseki does not support Philip Shaibu to succeed him next year because Philip, who was once one of Adams Oshiomhole's trusted boys, did everything in his power to bring down Oshiomhole in order to please Godwin Obaseki, his boss.

Funny enough, Philip was not present when Obaseki swore in his commissioners in Edo State. Instead, he chose to enter the oppositional den to celebrate with the individuals he had laboriously tried to make irreverent.

Knowing Philip's boss and who he is, it can be reasonably assumed that Philip attended this gathering for strategic political purposes; nevertheless, would Adams Oshiomhole embrace Philip, who is regarded as a serial betrayer to the APC family and one of its national leaders, Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole?

At this juncture, Philip Shaibu cannot be envied since he is getting a cold shoulder from Obaseki and is having a difficult time with the APC and Adams Oshiomhole.

"He who forgets those who helped him climb the palm tree will not be able to gather its fruits," Philip Shaibu's political journey serves as a cautionary tale. Once a trusted ally of Adams Oshiomhole, he may have lost sight of the support and guidance that brought him to his current position.

By betraying his former mentor, Shaibu risks missing out on the fruits of his political ambitions. As he attempts to navigate the complexities of Nigerian politics, the question of whether he can reconcile with those he once betrayed remains uncertain. Only time will tell if Shaibu can mend these broken alliances and gather the fruits of his political aspirations.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah is the chairman and CEO of Bush Radio Academy.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/philip-shaibus-presence-at-oshiomhole-apc-inaugural-party-treacherous-or-strategic/

Source iReporteronline.

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by duro4chang(m): 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2023
I will call it strategy but oshiomole will never rely on shaibu.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by Pierohandsome: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
Those who keep grudges don't go far in politics. In politics, no friend , no foe is permanent. You break alliance, you forge alliance. Many of Tinubu estranged political sons worked for him.
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by helinues: 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
When he knew Gov Obaseki is unstable

1 Like

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by GeneralPula: 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
Strategic..
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by Switruth: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
duro4chang:
I will call it strategy but oshiomole will never rely on shaibu.
I hope you know that oshomohole grew up In shaibu’s house?
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by kokorokoman: 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
if obaseki refuse to support philip to clinch the governorship seat then i would say bye bye to philip's political career. otilo, is gone.
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by kokorokoman: 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
Switruth:
please make me understand
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by Switruth: 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
kokorokoman:
please make me understand
yeah you read me right.
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by duro4chang(m): 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
Switruth:
Please tell me more.
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by Switruth: 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
duro4chang:
Please tell me more.
use your tongue count your teeth

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by kokorokoman: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
Switruth:
yeah you read me right.
make me understand baba, i am quite familiar with edo north politics, i have met both of them one on one at different times.
i have even been to oshiomhole's personal house, his family house and shuaibu's family house too.
i know oshiomhole personaly sponsored shuaibu through university, mind you, philip was born and raised in the north, kaduna.
oshiomhole made him NANS president, and later a prisons officer, oshiomhole introduced shuaibu to edo state politics by contesting under ANPP but he lost, oshionhole brought him to AC and made him an house of asembly member, from there to house of reps, oshiomhole brought him back from abuja and made him deputy to obaseki.

now check this, oshiomhole attended primary and secondary school in edo north and relocated to kaduna to work for textile factory how come he grew p at philip's house?
make me understand please.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by oikirodah(m): 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
kokorokoman:
make me understand baba, i am quite familiar with edo north politics, i have met both of them one on one at different times.
i have even been to oshiomhole's personal house, his family house and shuaibu's family house too.
i know oshiomhole personaly sponsored shuaibu through university, mind you, philip was born and raised in the north, kaduna.
oshiomhole made him NANS president, and later a prisons officer, oshiomhole introduced shuaibu to edo state politics by contesting under ANPP but he lost, oshionhole brought him to AC and made him an house of asembly member, from there to house of house, oshiomhole brought him back from abuja and made him deputy to obaseki.

now check this, oshiomhole attended primary and secondary school in edo north and relocated to kaduna to work for textile factory how come he grew p at philip's house?
make me understand please.
no mind the mum

1 Like

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by tesppidd: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
Switruth:
Really?

I thought it was the other way round, Shaibu grew up in Oshiomole's house,
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by kokorokoman: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
Switruth:
use your tongue count your teeth
you lie confidently and its shameful.
please explain to me whats happening in this picture.
it is on record that oshiomhole personally made philip shuaibi the NANS president while shuabu was a student in kaduna and oshiomhole was NLC president at the time.
you are liar.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by Switruth: 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
kokorokoman:
you lie confidently and its shameful.
please explain to me whats happening in this picture.
it is on record that oshiomhole personally made philip shuaibi the NANS president while shuabu was a student in kaduna and oshiomhole was NLC president at the time.
you are liar.
you accuse unjustly yet you know nothing. Are you from Auchi?
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by tesppidd: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
Shaibu joined in the removal of Ohiomole as APC National Chairman, such humiliation!

Shaibu threatened to arrest Oshiomole.

Shaibu even resorted to personal insults to Oshiomole and his oyibo wife.

I do not see how Oshiomole could ever forgive Shaibu.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by kokorokoman: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
Switruth:
you accuse unjustly yet you know nothing. Are you from Auchi?
abeg i no fit laugh this night, please explain to me how oshiomhole grew up in shuaibu's house you are asking me questions.
for a start, neither oshiomhole nor philip is from auchi, philip is from jattu while oshiomhole is from iyanho, what has auchi got to do with this?
and for your question, i lived in auchi for over three years straight and have spent over ten ten years accumulatively between agbede, abviele, down to uzeba.
iyamho, which is oshimhole's village was my bunk anytime there was stress or unrest at auchi poly, i lived just few houes away from oshimhole's house at different times for good three years, his personal house and family house is just a stone throw from each other.
you wil be surprised to know that while oshiomhole was already the general secretary of the nigeria union of textile and garment workers association of nigeria, philip shuaibu was still in secondary school.
the first time me and my guys met shuaibu one on one my guy's was laughing at him for not been fluent in english .
baba, you are a liar again if you can't prove your claim.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by Switruth: 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
tesppidd:
Really?

I thought it was the other way round, Shaibu grew up in Oshiomole's house,
Oshiomhole was born in Auchi while Philip was born in kaduna. Oshiomhole learnt tailoring at shaibu’s house in kaduna. Do your findings. Shaibu’s dad was a pastor and a kind man. Nothing Oshiomhole no fit do shaibu anything cos they’re brothers. When Oshiomhole became the labour leader and eventually a politician he had to return the kind gesture of shaibu’s dad benevolence. They can never disagree.
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by Switruth: 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
kokorokoman:
abeg i no fit laugh this night, please explain to me how oshiomhole grew up in shuaibu's house you are asking me questions.
for a start, neither oshiomhole nor philip is from auchi, philip is from jattu while oshiomhole is from iyanho, what has auchi got to do with this?
and for your question, i lived in auchi for over three years straight and have spent over ten ten years accumulatively between agbede, abviele, down to uzeba.
iyamho, which is oshimhole's village was my bunk anytime there was stress or unrest at auchi poly, i lived just few houes away from oshimhole's house at different times for good three years, his personal house and family house is just a stone throw from each other.
you wil be surprised to know that while oshiomhole was already the general secretary of the nigeria union of textile and garment workers association of nigeria, philip shuaibu was still in secondary school.
the first time me and my guys met shuaibu one on one my guy's was laughing at him for not been fluent in english .
Who is Oshiomhole’s father ?
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by Switruth: 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
kokorokoman:
I asked if you’re from Auchi u dey talk another thing. You’re calling me a liar for something you don’t know about. Lol.

Oshiomhole was born in Auchi while Philip was born in kaduna. Oshiomhole learnt tailoring at shaibu’s house in kaduna. Do your findings. Shaibu’s dad was a pastor and a kind man. Nothing Oshiomhole no fit do shaibu anything cos they’re brothers. When Oshiomhole became the labour leader and eventually a politician he had to return the kind gesture of shaibu’s dad benevolence. They can never disagree.
Re: Shaibu's Presence At Oshiomhole/ APC Inaugural Party: Treacherous Or Strategic? by aswani(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
Comrade Shaibu, another victim of Ọbasẹki use and dump policy.

He should have stayed in APC when Ọbasẹki went to prostitute himself to PDP.

If he goes to Labour now, he might have a chance sha seeing as PDP and APC are looking like they will be reneging on Esan agenda.

(1) (Reply)

Benin Feels The Pinch As Neighbouring Nigeria Ends Fuel Subsidies / Foreign Reserves Drop By Over $600M In First 18 Days Of Tinubu’s Presidency / Election Rigging And Military Coup D'etat, Which Is Worse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.