Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,654 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? (3231 Views)

‘end-of-life’: Blackberry Devices Will Stop Working From January 4 / Classic Blackberry Devices To Stop Working Normally Tuesday / Blackberry Is Giving Out The Blackberry Keyone For Free - How To Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by eepeepook: 7:38am On Jun 15, 2023
Landfills?

It's funny how, once the market switched to cheap modern alternatives and BBM closed shop, Blackberry phones disappeared from people's hands. I remember mine got stolen by my godforsaken frienemy those days. Others sold theirs and less than a handful kept theirs for posterity.

Blackberry mobiles have no use again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by eepeepook: 7:41am On Jun 15, 2023
One believable possibility is Nigerian businessmen transported tons of otherwise abandoned phones to fellow third world countries. Places like Indonesia, Vietnam and the Phillipines still use Nokia phones released in the early 2000s.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Padipadi(m): 7:47am On Jun 15, 2023
eepeepook:
Landfills?

It's funny how, once the market switched to cheap modern alternatives and BBM closed shop, Blackberry phones disappeared from people's hands. I remember mine got stolen by my godforsaken frienemy those days. Others sold theirs and less than a handful kept theirs for posterity.

One Igbo man bought all of them at computer village and kept them in his house to resell in future.

Time faced them out.

9 Likes

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Babaken(m): 7:50am On Jun 15, 2023
eepeepook:
Landfills?

many are in the repairers workshop some are in akpakara (those guy that buy condemn) some are in the drawer on the road to become vintage phone Some are in the gutter is only few that's been use but serve as second option to the main phone.

7 Likes

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by eepeepook: 7:51am On Jun 15, 2023
Padipadi:

One Igbo man bought all of them at computer village and kept them in his house to resell in future.

Time faced them out.
The Igbo man no get name? Nigerian newspapers no mention the event? Fake news, abeg. Beer parlour rumour.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Kaido: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2023
I still use Blackberry ringtone on my android

1 Like

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Padipadi(m): 8:27am On Jun 15, 2023
eepeepook:
The Igbo man no get name? Nigerian newspapers no mention the event? Fake news, abeg. Beer parlour rumour.
Lol, that was sarcasm.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Nemesis0147(m): 8:57am On Jun 15, 2023
Kaido:
I still use Blackberry ringtone on my android
I can’t remember what it sounds like again sef…this life.
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Kaido: 9:00am On Jun 15, 2023
Nemesis0147:
I can’t remember what it sounds like again sef…this life.
grin
The name of the ringtone is "Spirit". Shebi you remember dat Blackberry Z series ringtone
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Nemesis0147(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2023
Kaido:

grin
The name of the ringtone is "Spirit". Shebi you remember dat Blackberry Z series ringtone
lol
I remember now😂

2 Likes

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Kaido: 9:07am On Jun 15, 2023
Nemesis0147:
lol
I remember now😂
People don beg me tire to stop using it. I no gree
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by HussenAdul: 9:57am On Jun 15, 2023
eepeepook:
One believable possibility is Nigerian businessmen transported tons of otherwise abandoned phones to fellow third world countries. Places like Indonesia, Vietnam and the Phillipines still use Nokia phones released in the early 2000s.
Do u mean that Nigeria is more advanced in technology than those countries u mentioned?
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Astra101: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2023
Pride and ego killed them

1 Like

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by BrutusOj(m): 11:33am On Jun 15, 2023
Our GSM service providers too contributed to its fall. There was blackberry packages before one can access internet. Their battery was also another major issues. Blackberry made us discover power banks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Davoneskay(m): 11:39am On Jun 15, 2023
I still have my Blackberry Porsche 2. The issue is its battery and slight screen scratches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Enddy50ty(m): 11:44am On Jun 15, 2023
Many of them have been harvested for reusable parts or recycled for a greater purpose.

2 Likes

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by id4sho(m): 11:58am On Jun 15, 2023
eepeepook:
Landfills?

Zoo
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Nnaemiemax: 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
eepeepook:
Landfills?

I know someone who still uses Blackberry Curve 2.
The joy of getting to use a Blackberry Bold 2 in 2012 still lingers grin.

1 Like

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by foxxydude: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
I still got my BB passport shA
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by finallybusy: 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Enddy50ty:
Many of them have been harvested for reusable parts or recycled for a greater purpose.
More like it.
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by finallybusy: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
HussenAdul:

Do u mean that Nigeria is more advanced in technology than those countries u mentioned?
Nigeria isn’t. The poor in those countries are more willing to use old technological products compared to ours who’d choose cheaper, less robust, modern alternatives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by finallybusy: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
BrutusOj:
Our GSM service providers too contributed to its fall too. There was blackberry packages before one can access internet. Their battery was also another major issues. Blackberry made us discover power banks.
So, all the better that we abandoned the phones.
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by StubbornGENIUS: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
Bold series that year ehn smiley
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Gppgn(f): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
What contributed to thier fall was whatsap... Since it could no longer support WhatsApp
. people stooped Using them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Rexymania(m): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
Nothing without end in life
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Abolodje: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
A minute silence to all the baddies pussy fücked all just because of Blackberry that year.

1 Like

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by eepeepook: 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
Gppgn:
What contributed to thier fall was whatsap... Since it could no longer support WhatsApp
. people stooped Using them.
I remember this like yesterday. True. Also, with WhatsApp, one hundred Naira credit could send more than fifty messages. People quickly abandoned SMSes for the service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by falcon01: 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
eepeepook:
Landfills?

Blackberry was scraped because it's the most secured device, government can't track you. You can do alot of stuff with that phone and it can't be penetrated.

1 Like

Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Upcomingdad67: 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
falcon01:
Blackberry was scraped because it's the most secured device, government can't track you. You can do alot of stuff with that phone and it can't be penetrated.

Yes you are right

Research in motion was the company who built their operating system I think
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by BackFromBalablu: 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
Blackberry shall return and they're gunna paint everywhere black smiley
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Rebuke: 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
😆 I wonder o.

I still have like 2 blackberry phones at home but with bad screen. I can not even remember what they are called again 🙆‍♀️
The one with long slim battery.

I used bolt 2 and one other bolt as well, can't just recall those spec again.

"Give me yhur PIN and PINGING era ". It was fun actually.

Honestly, I won't mind fixing the screen just for the fun of it.
Re: So, Where Did All The Blackberry Devices Disappear To? by Rebuke: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
BackFromBalablu:
Blackberry shall return and they're gunna paint everywhere black smiley

I doubt they will, they have gone silent for too long!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Telecom Companies Such Rip-offs?! / PIC: MTN Is At It Again Oooh / How To Get GLO 10.4GB For N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.