Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International (21821 Views)

Bawa’s Suspension: Hurricane Tinubu Strikes Again – Adeyanju / Nigeria Ranks Lower On 2019 Transparency International’s Corruption Index / 'Tradermoni Is Vote Buying' - Transparency International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by References1: 8:25am On Jun 15, 2023
The Head of Transparency International, Nigeria, Auwal Rafsanjani, says the suspension of the EFCC Chairman, Abdulrasheed Bawa, did not surprise the organisation.

Mr Rafsanjani, also the executive director of Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Center (CISLAC), said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday announced the suspension of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) chairman in a statement by the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).

Mr Bawa was suspended based on “weighty allegations of abuse of office” levelled against him.

Mr Bawa, following his suspension, has since been invited by the SSS for interrogation.

”The suspension did not come to us by surprise, this is because of the way and manner the previous regimes or governments have always removed the EFCC leaders when they come into power.

”For this development, with regard to the removal of the EFCC chairman, we believe that already we knew that he was going to be removed because of so many political interests and changes that can happen.”

He said Mr Tinubu might not likely retain Mr Bawa because of how he was appointed and his affiliation.

”He will want to get rid of anything that has to do with that.

”Also there are some political interests, some politicians associated with the government also have issues with the current suspended EFCC chairman and therefore, they are likely not to be comfortable to have him there.”

Mr Rafsanjani added that ”the EFCC office has been unnecessarily made too much political.

”Therefore, it is making it difficult to do what ordinarily government agency is supposed to do.

”So, we need to look at it from that context and from that perspective, so I’m not surprised.”

Mr Rafsanjani, however, said that ”what is important is that we must insist and demand that the anti-corruption and the good work of agencies, including EFCC, must continue in the country.”

He also advised the government to look beyond politics in appointing the next chairman of EFCC.

”In appointing the next one, I think first and foremost, let’s make that office to be a technical professional office.

[b]”Let’s make it less political; let us remove the use of that to settle political issues.

”I think we need to have a credibly experienced, fairly minded person to carry out that responsibility,”[/b] he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/604581-were-not-surprised-by-efcc-chairs-suspension-transparency-international.html

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Zonefree(m): 8:27am On Jun 15, 2023
the EFCC office has been unnecessarily made too much political.
”Therefore, it is making it difficult to do what ordinarily government agency is supposed to do.

End of discussion.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by chatinent: 8:29am On Jun 15, 2023
Let him arrest other corrupt persons so that we'll have he and few other corrupt persons left to deal with.

Greek Maxims

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by slawomir: 8:36am On Jun 15, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by NobleSeed(m): 8:37am On Jun 15, 2023
not surprised either
FFK should be the happiest man currently 😂

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Zonefree(m): 8:38am On Jun 15, 2023
Padipadi:
But he has been removed. I just want a sane Nigeria. Everybody should be prosecuted. From Zonefree to Chatinent to Seun, the bias moderators on this site, Obi, Atiku and Tinubu himself.
Ki olopa ko everybody!

grin

Person wey wan prosecute me go do eba and better okra soup give me after I tell am my story.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Padipadi(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2023
Zonefree:

grin

Person wey wan prosecute me go do eba and better okra soup give me after I tell am my story.
😂 Your story no fit conc pass Chatinent own and the story of you two no fit reach my own. Nigeria has made man to see weeen!
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by chatinent: 8:44am On Jun 15, 2023
Padipadi:
😂 Your story no fit conc pass Chatinent own and the story of you two no fit reach my own. Nigeria has made man to see weeen!

Buy hanky before you come hear my story cos I no go fit console you alone. E dey importanter
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Padipadi(m): 8:46am On Jun 15, 2023
chatinent:

Buy hanky before you come hear my story cos I no go fit console you alone.
Ahhh, o le toyen ni?
Who you offend?
Are village people involved?
Did you jilt women too or thief provision in secondary school?
Cos it's only the combination of all these that can make a man's journey to bend.
Walahi! 😂
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by chatinent: 8:49am On Jun 15, 2023
Padipadi:

Ahhh, o le toyen ni?
Who you offend?
Are village people involved?
Did you jilt women too or thief provision in secondary school?
Cos it's only the combination of all these that can make a man's journey to bend.
Walahi! 😂

Just buy one dozen of hanky fess
A step at a time.
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by ican2020: 8:49am On Jun 15, 2023
Bawa was a complete disgrace to the majority of Nigerians who expected him to use his youthfulness proficiently by bringing to justice biggest thieves in the land like the former minister of disaster who spent billions feeding schools children who are on holiday during Covid 19 and many others

6 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Padipadi(m): 8:53am On Jun 15, 2023
chatinent:

Just buy one dozen of hanky fess
A step at a time.
I have bought it.
Oya talk.

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Viscuz: 8:55am On Jun 15, 2023
A script is a script Bawa is a crook just like Bola Ahmed Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by alphaconde(m): 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tinubu will get alot of things right but corruption i expect nothing.

a bad guy is a bad guy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by ecolime(m): 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2023
NobleSeed:
not surprised either
FFK should be the happiest man currently 😂
EFCC Office and criminal prosecutions does not start and end with Bawa.

Their investigators and lawyers work round the clock. FFK will still be prosecuted unless power that be steps in.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Primusinterpares(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
So una know since and una nor talk.
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by theophorus(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
Eya!
Everybody don start that "Shebi I tell you thing", Abegi make una Park one side joor.
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Sunshine34(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
Good decision. Bawa and all people appointed by Buhari are not competent.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hahahahahahaha..

Werey turn Don reach.. President Chicago giving them back to back to back banger..

Oshe oooo...hehehehehehe

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by worksmart(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
k
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by worksmart(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
kk
ok
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by worksmart(m): 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
ok.
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by STEWpid(f): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
Chai..

This one wey TI don get time for open Nigerian mattaz,

Which deal is ongoing?
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
Padipadi:

I have bought it.
Oya talk.

Dummydammy PR... U dey here..hahahahahahahah..Oya oo ndi USA..when are we inviting her
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Padipadi:
But he has been removed. I just want a sane Nigeria. Everybody should be prosecuted. From Zonefree to Chatinent to Seun, the bias moderators on this site, Obi, Atiku, Buhari and Tinubu himself.
Ki olopa ko everybody!

Goan sit down..
Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by Donedeal1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Humpy dumpy fall

More of this to come.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International by MorolayoVictor(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
How?

(1) (2) (Reply)

'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers / I Have Wike’s Records: Amaechi Dares Rivers Governor-elect On Probe / Ibrahim Shekarau Welcomes Baby Girl. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.