Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,374 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares (1591 Views)

ASUU Has No Power To Dictate How Much To Fund Universities Or Payroll System / IPPIS: Government Can’t Use ASUU Platform To Pay Us — University Workers / Government Can’t Meet ASUU’s Demand Now - Adamu Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by ThompsonJoo: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s led Federal Government has announced that the government can no longer bear the financial burden of universities in the country.

OBSERVERSTIMES reports that during a media briefing in Abuja on Wednesday, Permanent Secretary for the Federal Ministry of Education, Andrew David Adejo, emphasised that while universities already enjoy autonomy, they lack financial autonomy.

Adejo explained, “Whether we like it or not, the government can no longer foot the bill for universities. That is why we are pursuing private-public partnerships. The universities already have autonomy; what they lack is financial autonomy. Once they obtain it, they will be able to address this issue, and the government is actively working towards that goal.”

In addition to this development, President Tinubu has instructed relevant stakeholders to ensure the disbursement of student loans by the end of the September/October 2023/2024 Academic Session.

https://observerstimes.com/2023/06/15/breaking-government-cant-fund-universities-anymore-mr-andrew-adejoh/
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by iammo(m): 10:30am On Jun 15, 2023
Tinubu played a fast one on ASUU
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by kestolove95(m): 10:38am On Jun 15, 2023
Tuition fee go high bdat o

1 Like

Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by Ebubu2: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2023
Make everybody subscribe to the loan
Na wetting ASUU want be that

If only ASUU had accepted the minimal govt could fund

We all will be enjoying cheap education

Don’t come at me, even doctors complain of poor salary but don’t strike for 10months, army no get salary but no dey go 10months strike. Is education not essential service like doctors and army?

I blame ASUU
Govt does not have money that’s why they’re removing fuel subsidy et cetera

2 Likes

Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by clockwisereport: 11:46am On Jun 15, 2023
Give me the loan make I carry an play sure 2 odds. I pay you back your loan and use balance to play another sure 2 odds. If I win, I will then pay my tuition fees. If I lose, I borrow another loan and play another sure 2 odds.

2 Likes

Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by Quodseverismete: 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tinubu give students loan in order to privatized universities. Education will not longer be affordable to common.
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by theophorus(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
Yes ooo.

Make the Lecturers begin charge Tuition Fee and make dem begin pay themselves.

The FG should focus on sponsoring Research and if the researches no dey relevant or na copy paste make dem collect their money back.

Congratulations ASUU Atleast, we all know say Education is not Cheap.
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:26pm On Jun 15, 2023
Obj started the journey to destroy ASUU and damage university edu angryBC os profs dey do yanga for obj. angry
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by Kingray10: 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
Now I see where the student loan money will come from
grin grin grin
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
theophorus:
Yes ooo.

Make the Lecturers begin charge Tuition Fee and make dem begin pay themselves.

The FG should focus on sponsoring Research and if the researches no dey relevant or na copy paste make dem collect their money back.

Congratulations ASUU Atleast, we all know say Education is not Cheap.
WHICH MEANS FAKE DEGREES GO YAKPA, LET THEM INTRO ONLINE LECTURES FOR NON PRACTICAL COURCES AND FOCUS RESOURCES ON MED FACULTY,ENGINEERING AND PURE SCIENCES
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by NobleSeed(m): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
when education was cheap he didn't attend why try to make it defficult for those that still wants to go?

1 Like

Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by Ezmans: 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kingray10:
Now I see where the student loan money will come from
grin grin grin
tution fee increase loading
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by Samfloxin(m): 9:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
I laugh when people think that Tinubu's government will favour Nigerians. The country is under a heavy siege that no president can break it

2 Likes

Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by DesChyko: 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2023
To think that some people were arguing when we told them the end game is to cut government funding of universities.
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by Chibuezem(m): 6:47am On Jun 16, 2023
Ebubu2:
Make everybody subscribe to the loan
Na wetting ASUU want be that

If only ASUU had accepted the minimal govt could fund

We all will be enjoying cheap education

Don’t come at me, even doctors complain of poor salary but don’t strike for 10months, army no get salary but no dey go 10months strike. Is education not essential service like doctors and army?

I blame ASUU
Govt does not have money that’s why they’re removing fuel subsidy et cetera
Doctors Strike, the challenge we have is I'll distribution of funds in Nigeria, Nigeria is rich but only a particular set of people are enjoying the riches. All we ask is that the common man be empowered to have access to the provisions of His State and not wallow in poverty.
Re: Government Can’t Fund Universities Anymore” – FG Declares by DaveHarry(m): 9:41am On Jun 16, 2023
Quodseverismete:
Tinubu give students loan in order to privatized universities. Education will not longer be affordable to common.
Nothing changes. Education cheap here before?

(1) (Reply)

Scholarship For Project Management Students In Nigeria? / Kwara State University Post Ume For Is Out! / Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology Post Ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.