Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? (538 Views)

Tinubu Eyes $4bn Annual Savings From Reduced Bureaucracies / What Took America 185yrs, Nigeria Achieved It Within 24yrs – Akpabio / Where Are The Savings From Subsidy Removal? - Obinna Chima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by floret23(f): 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
What has Nigeria achieved with savings from diesel and kerosene subsidy stoppage since a few years ago?
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by CodeTemplar: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
Record debt, and when the debt became too much, the man of the house[leader] stopped transportation[petrol subsidy], education[student loan] and pocket money[collapsed exchange rates] of the children in order to buy televisions and food processor[unutilized infrastructures] of almost nonexistent food on table.
His beer parlour friend[IMF and WB] are applauding him and calling his malnourished children[masses] slim and fit instead, yet he believes all is well.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by Flets: 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
There will never be an answer to that question. I have never seen a people so in love with their oppresors

They take away the only thing the govt offers its people without plan to make life easier or reinvestment, the mumu masses applauds such even when its obvious that the savings will be looted at the expense of increased suffering on the Nigerian people.

They take away education funding and offer you loans to afford same education, another foolish round of applause

Why can't Nigerians ever think? Why are we so dumb?

4 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by Flets: 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Record debt, and when the debt became too much, the man of the house[leader] stopped transportation[petrol subsidy], education[student loan] and pocket money[collapsed exchange rates] of the children in order to buy televisions and food processor[unutilized infrastructures] of almost nonexistent food on table.
His beer parlour friend[IMF and WB] are applauding him and calling his malnourished children[masses] slim and fit instead, yet he believes all is well.

Apt analogy

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by Parachoko: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
floret23:
What has Nigeria achieved with savings from diesel and kerosene subsidy stoppage since a few years ago?
We spent the savings we got from Diesel, Kerosene and Gas on subsidizing Petrol
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by jmoore(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
Parachoko:
We spent the savings we got from Diesel, Kerosene and Gas on subsidizing Petrol
No longer borrowing? Be consistent.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by Guestlander: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
Flets:
There will never be an answer to that question. I have never seen a people so in love with their oppresors

They take away the only thing the govt offers its people without plan to make life easier or reinvestment, the mumu masses applauds such even when its obvious that the savings will be looted at the expense of increased suffering on the Nigerian people.

They take away education funding and offer you loans to afford same education, another foolish round of applause

Petrol subsidy at such a staggering amount is foolish. You actually think you benefit from it? No, only a few rich Nigerians are getting even richer while other sectors of economy suffer.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by Flets: 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2023
Guestlander:

Petrol subsidy at such a staggering amount is foolish. You actually think you benefit from it? No, only a few rich Nigerians are getting even richer while other sectors of economy suffer.

Think.... Nigerians think. Why throw away the baby and the bathing water?

Why not go after the few rich men who erode our subsidy through corrupt means than transfer the suffering on the entirety of Nigerians?

Where are savings from the stoppage of diesel and kerosene subsidy. They looted it all and same will be the case for fuel subsidy. Nigerians will be enmeshed in hyper poverty for no real reasons

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by efismikoko(m): 3:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
Flets:

Why not go after the few rich men who erode our subsidy through corrupt means than transfer the suffering on the entirety of Nigerians?

Where are savings from the stoppage of diesel and kerosene subsidy. They looted it all and same will be the case for fuel subsidy. Nigerians will be enmeshed in hyper poverty for no real reasons

Lazy to do their jobs
Secure our boarders
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by FirstCounsel(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
Flets:

Lol @ "foolish round of applause" grin cheesy grin
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by Tinubuderanged: 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
Renewed surfer!!
I saw one mumu man who use to say sai Tinubu trecking with his fat hungry stomach.
I asked him where is the car he say oh boy I cannot afford fuel, I laughed and told him that this is just the beginning.
All those fools that voted for Tinubu because of religion and tribalism are now crying.
I promise myself that I will never give a Yoruba man lift. Most of them has parked their cars because they cannot afford fuel.
#renewedsurfer
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by Enice(m): 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
floret23:
The savings and more went into subsidizing PMS
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by JagabanBorgu: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
Flets:

Tell us what you would have done to stop the subsidy removal, afterall, all the top càndidàtes said they were coming to remove it.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by GeneralPula: 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
And where did you hear it from that Nigeria was saving one money from diesel/kerosene?

Every subsidy Nigeria have paid, the money were borrowed..
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by swaggerjack: 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
Flets:

It is easier to manipulate a population consisting of Dundee United.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved With Savings From Diesel And Kerosene Subsidy Removal? by swaggerjack: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2023
FirstCounsel:

Lol @ "foolish round of applause" grin cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Former Governor David Umahi Maybe Facing Criminal Charges / Nigerian Senator Used My Result For Varsity Admission, Witness Tells Tribunal / Why Did Seun, NL Mods Hate anambra 1stson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.