Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? (1836 Views)

Chef Dammy Looking Presidential With Her Security Detail, Holds Press Conference / We Are Aware Of Chef Dammy’s Cooking Marathon, Willing To Review Evidence - GWR / Hilda Baci 'Spent Over ₦‎80m' For Her Cookathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by DyshApp: 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
We have not even digested the food we ate at Hilda Baci’s 100 hours Cook-a-thon or processed her victory which happened last month.

Chef Damilola Adeparusi, aka, Chef Dammy, a 300-level student at the Federal University of Oye Ekiti, along with spiritual support from the Spirit Word Global Mission church group is attempting to break Hilda’s record to cook for 100 hours which was 93 hours 11 minutes,” GWR said in a statement Baci attempted to set a record of 100 hours, however, almost seven hours were deducted from her final total because she mistakenly took extra minutes for one of her rest breaks early on in the attempt.

From using her break time for praise and worship to turning off the gas to pick beans At first, we thought it was a joke oh, like is Chef Dammy doing this, or is this cruise? But having gone past 55 hours, it got real.

However, Guinness World Record did not comment on Chef Dammy’s attempt throughout the cooking. According to LegitNG, the record body has revealed why they were silent on Dammy’s attempt.

We have not received an application for this attempt. Applications can be made via the Guinness World Records website for our records management team to review,” Guinness World Record said per Legit.
“Once an application is accepted, the record claimant receives a set of detailed guidelines specific to that record category that must be adhered to.

“This also details a list of evidence that must be submitted for our team to verify the record. Guinness World Records maintains a rigorous review process to maintain the integrity of each Guinness World Records title.”

Chef Dammy's spokesperson told Pulse exclusively that she applied to Guinness World Records before attempting but they didn't get feedback at the time she was already cooking. Pulse wasn't shown in the application to GWR.

After the whole incident Chef, Dammy, has reacted by saying:

“I stated earlier that I embarked on this journey to test my capability not for any GWR.
l, am happy that I cooked for 120 hours. I am proud that I never gave up”

The user by the name @big_baby28 commenting on the live video wrote: ‘Y’all Dammy is my friend. Na our pastor dey push her. Please forgive Dammy.”

Join our real talk lounge where we give you premium gist👌see what else people are talking about, join us today! (link in bio)

So all this effort now is wasted🤨

Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by thisisit: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
End time chef Church!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by olasaad(f): 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Okay congratulations
Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by Oloki: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
Enough of this Damny issue. make the girl rest. Make WE self rest too!!

3 Likes

Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by Astra101: 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
G
Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by samwash(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
You mean for your own self capability not for GWR.
Good you kwn your ability now.
Oya mk we rest for all this cooking mata.
Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2023
😂😂

Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by VeryStingyMan: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2023
undecided

It took Hilda 5 years to plan her 100-hour cook-a-thon but someone just wakes up and decides to "test her capabilities" by trying to outdo Hilda... Are we supposed to be surprised at this? undecided like a scene from a Nigerian comedy show

Ikillbrokehoes:
😂😂
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by malaria(f): 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2023
They should stop pushing his girl and but let her finish her education . They can now aet up a business for her. The clout chasing is too much
Re: Chef Dammy Reacts To GWR Comment On Her Cookathon, Will She Survive This One? by DyshApp: 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Chef Dammy promises To return
in an interview with newsmen in Ado-Ekiti on Friday, the chef acknowledged that the just-concluded 120-hour cook-a-thon was not registered with the Guinness World Record (GWR),She said, “I know there have been many speculations about me not registering this just-concluded cooking, but my team and I have decided to embark on this new challenge next month.

“After the support I have received from fans, well-wishers, and many highly notable individuals in the society. I, Adeparusi Damilola, popularly known as Chef Dammy, and my team have decided to hold another cook-a-thon programme next month. This time, it will be held for a 150-hour, and it will be duly registered with Guinness World Records. Chef Dammy is coming back!”

(1) (Reply)

Local Dishes,foreign Dishes And International Dishes Revealed,how To Cook Them / American Lady Turns Herself Into A Cooked Turkey For Thanksgiving / My Experience To The Grid Restaurant & Winery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.