Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) (7742 Views)

Types Of Wives At Ileya Family Gathering / Eid Ul Adha (ileya) 2022 Is On The 9th Of July / Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by luluman: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
Iwedunloye:

You are right, why do christians get married when Jesus never marry while he was alive
Perhaps you did not know that JESUS CHRIST performed his first miracle at a wedding; he never went agains wedding.
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by luluman: 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
Bukola94:
Good question, may be Jesus was a monk? when you see hypocrites and Allah or God want to expose them, they say rubbish on forum. Issa the son of Mariam preach with wisdom and peace and humility. but u see the man that comment is Christian by name, is comment lack wisdom and common sense. Prophet Muhammad and Jesus ( Prophet Issa ) are paternal brothers. they both come from Ibraheem or Abraham lineage. Adam A.s is the father of Ibraheem,Jesus,Musa or Moses, Yusuf,Joseph,Yakub or Jacob, Idrees,Job and all others 25 prophet's. Muhammad S.A.W is the most beloved of them to ALLAH or God, and Jesus made mention of him in the Bible. Quote me anywhere
Olodo, when you make reference to bible you give the site for verification. So which book of bible ,chapter & verse

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by luluman: 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

So tell us, was Abraham against camel 😏
See this one, Abraham was not to Christians what JESUS was.
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by luluman: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2023
Bukola94:
Some of your pastor's knows the truth, some scientists knows the truth and the way and that is why many will be converting till the end of time. You know what is call extinction ? if any of the animals go into it,don't you think the Almighty has given us options. moreover, God knows the heart and knows what everyone can afford. there are rich and poor people even plenty than wealthy individuals. If it is fish or chicken, ALLAH or God will accept the sacrifice. this man is a fake Christian let's avoid him/her, he just wants to cause confusion with is insane comment. I will love my Christian neighbors till the end,and I believe they will do the same. they respect my religion and I respect their religion, so no love lost.
Shut up, GOD did not give Abraham options of sacrificial animal.

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by luluman: 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

If you want to copy Jesus do exactly what he did, don't marry
Nooo, that's dumb; did JESUS Sacrificed himself for us during crucifixion so are you sayin we should also sacrifice our lives to save our saviour? He specifically told us what to do in remembrance of him which we do.You be olodo.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Hassanmaye(m): 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
Lukgaf:

10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice)
By Sanusi Lafiagi

1. Only the following categories animals are valid: Camel, cow, sheep, goat.

2. The age at which each of the animals above becomes eligible for sacrifice is as follows:
a. Camel: 5 years
b. Cow: 2 years
c. Sheep: 6 months
d. Goat: 1 year

3. The number of persons who can sacrifice the above animals is:

a. Camel: 7 persons
b. Cow: 7 persons
c. Ram: 1 person
d. Goat: 1 person

4. The defects that render an animal invalid for sacrifice are:

a. An obvious defect in (one or both of) its eyes such as if it's blind in the eye, or there's an obvious blurriness

b. An obvious illness that affects its activity

c. Obvious lameness that affects its movement

d. Emaciation that leaves no marrow in its bones.

5. A woman can slau.ghter her own sacrifice by herself, even if she were menstruating or experiencing post natal bleeding. Gender and purity are not a condition for its validity.

6. One can take a loan to buy an animal for sacrifice so long as it is not an interest based loan, and he intends to pay it back.

7. It is permitted to delegate another to do the slau.ghtering on one's behalf.

8. The sacrifice commences immediately after the conclusion of 'īd Salāt on the 10th of Dhul Hijjah and ends after sunset on the 13th.

9. The meat should be divided into three (unequal) parts:

a. A part is to be consumed by the owner
b. A part is to be given in charity to the poor and the needy
c. A part is to be given as gifts ro friends, relatives, etc

10. It is Sunnah for whoever intends to sacrifice an animal for this purpose to refrain from cutting his nails and hair immediately the crescent of Dhul Hijjah is sighted.

Allāh knows best

Sanusi Lafiagi
Thank you
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
luluman:
Nooo, that's dumb; did JESUS Sacrificed himself for us during crucifixion so are you sayin we should also sacrifice our lives to save our saviour? He specifically told us what to do in remembrance of him which we do.You be olodo.
Christian = Christ Like
Comparing sacrifiction(another controversial topic) and marriage is illogical
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
luluman:
See this one, Abraham was not to Christians what JESUS was.
No answer
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

Go and read your Koran, which animal did Abraham sacrifice?
The op explained it already, we Muslims follow Qur'an and hadith

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

Copy Mohammed and use dirty water from a well where dead animals and menstrual rags are thrown to perform ablution! (Sunan an-Nasa'i 326)

Educate us, what is the meaning of SUNAN AN-NASA'I in English 😂

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

Educate us, what is the meaning of SUNAN AN-NASA'I in English 😂
What is the meaning of English?
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

The op explained it already, we Muslims follow Qur'an and hadith
Did Abraham sacrifice camel in the Hadith grin
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

Did Abraham sacrifice camel in the Hadith grin

Why are you so concerned about what he sacrificed? What does that change?
Prophet Muhammad told us we can kill other animals mentioned, we follow Muhammad's sunnah

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

What is the meaning of English?
You made reference to it, you should know more 🙂
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

You made reference to it, you should know more 🙂
Tell me more
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

Why are you so concerned about what he sacrificed? What does that change?
You tell people that your animal sacrifice ud’hiya is the emulation of what Abraham sacrificed, and Abraham sacrificed a ram which is available everywhere but Mohammed started sacrificing camels to follow the footsteps of his idolater grandpa Abdulmutolib and it’s the step you are all following today but you’re lying to everyone that you are following Abraham! If you are following Abraham then you will use the animal he used.
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

You tell people that your animal sacrifice ud’hiya is the emulation of what Abraham sacrificed, and Abraham sacrificed a ram which is available everywhere but Mohammed started sacrificing camels to follow the footsteps of his idolater grandpa Abdulmutolib and it’s the step you are all following today but you’re lying to everyone that you are following Abraham! If you are following Abraham then you will use the animal he used.
Ahusubillah
Muhammad doesn't follow the way of idolator and the prophet said all actions will be judged according to intention. The intention is to emulate Abraham's FAITH and Allah's name is called upon killing the animals.
Qur'an 37:104-111
104. We called out to him "O Abraham! ...
105. "Thou hast already fulfilled the vision!" - thus indeed do We reward those who do right.
106. For this was a clear trial-
107. And We ransomed him with a momentous sacrifice:
108. And We left for him among generations (to come) in later times:
109. "Peace and salutation to Abraham!"
110. Thus indeed do We reward those who do right.
111. For he was one of Our believing Servants.

Idolators intention is to kill for their idols and they don't call the name of Allah upon killing it.
Did Abdulmutolib made the sacrifice to replicate Abraham's faith?

Just like the Christian, tell us who in the Bible you emulate in celebrating Christmas?
Why do you kill chicken
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

Tell me more
Wow
You made reference without knowing anything about it, not cool Bro try making appropriate research just don't leverage on what people tell you.

Do more findings boss
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

Wow
You made reference without knowing anything about it, not cool Bro try making appropriate research just don't leverage on what people tell you.

Do more findings boss
U claim that u believe in the sunnah of Mohammed and yet you don’t know about sunan an-nasai, you don’t know anything mr man
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

Ahusubillah
Muhammad doesn't follow the way of idolator and the prophet said all actions will be judged according to intention. The intention is to emulate Abraham's FAITH and Allah's name is called upon killing the animals.
Qur'an 37:104-111
104. We called out to him "O Abraham! ...
105. "Thou hast already fulfilled the vision!" - thus indeed do We reward those who do right.
106. For this was a clear trial-
107. And We ransomed him with a momentous sacrifice:
108. And We left for him among generations (to come) in later times:
109. "Peace and salutation to Abraham!"
110. Thus indeed do We reward those who do right.
111. For he was one of Our believing Servants.

Idolators intention is to kill for their idols and they don't call the name of Allah upon killing it.
Did Abdulmutolib made the sacrifice to replicate Abraham's faith?

Just like the Christian, tell us who in the Bible you emulate in celebrating Christmas?
Why do you kill chicken
Was Abdulmutolib an idolater or not?

Did he call the name of his idol on the camels he slaughtered to ransom the life of Abdullah Mohammed’s father or not?
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 9:43pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

Did he call the name of his idol on the camels he slaughtered to ransom the life of Abdullah Mohammed’s father or not?
He wasn't a Muslim
Why asking me this questions speak with precision since you think you know about Islam 😂
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

U claim that u believe in the sunnah of Mohammed and yet you don’t know about sunan an-nasai, you don’t know anything mr man
Says you 😂

You made reference without knowing anything about it
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ekrenji:

Say something about Christmas I made reference to 🙂
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

He wasn't a Muslim
So you have seen that you lied that pagans don’t call the names of their god when sacrificing. Abdulmutolib the pagan called the name of his idol when he ransomed the life of Abdullah, Mohammed’s father with camels.
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by luluman: 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

Christian = Christ Like
Comparing sacrifiction(another controversial topic) and marriage is illogical
Yet your logic did not teach you that JESUS never went against marriage.
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

Says you 😂

You made reference without knowing anything about it
I gave you a reference to the hadith of your prophet using bad water from a well where dead dogs, menstrual rags and garbage were thrown into to perform ablution, you were ashamed of it was asking me what sunan an nasai mean in English . You tell me what Sahih Bukhari mean in English and I will tell you what Sunan an Nasai mean in English 😆
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by trendist: 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
Please, is the sacrifice compulsory.

What if one has no means to buy any of the mention and don't intent to take a loan?
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by Ekrenji: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
braveboy64:

Say something about Christmas I made reference to 🙂
Say something about Mawlid Nabiy that you Muslim celebrate, did Mohammed celebrate it or command you to do so? 😝
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 4:23am On Jun 17, 2023
Ekrenji:

Say something about Mawlid Nabiy that you Muslim celebrate, did Mohammed celebrate it or command you to do so? 😝
Using questions to counter questions, evasion as usual. You need to learn more

Answer:
Mohammed didn't celebrate nor commanded us to celebrate Mawlid
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 4:39am On Jun 17, 2023
Ekrenji:

I gave you a reference to the hadith of your prophet using bad water from a well where dead dogs, menstrual rags and garbage were thrown into to perform ablution, you were ashamed of it was asking me what sunan an nasai mean in English . You tell me what Sahih Bukhari mean in English and I will tell you what Sunan an Nasai mean in English 😆
You didn't quote the full Hadith and the chain of distribution nor tell us the genuity of the Hadith, you only made reference and attached a meaning to it. A student of knowledge debates with concrete evidence, you got a long way to go, I'm not ashamed of anything, I just feel your knowledge of Hadith is little, discussing with you about isn't an addition to me. Quote the full context of that Hadith 🙂.
I asked the meaning of SUNAN AN-NASA'I to test your knowledge of Arabic which you also failed woeful, you know nothing about Islam and the Arabic language.
Sahih means genuine
Bukhari is a name
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 4:40am On Jun 17, 2023
luluman:
Yet your logic did not teach you that JESUS never went against marriage.
Yet your logic told you Abraham went against other animals 😏
Re: 10 Facts About UD'HIYAH (ileya Sacrifice) by braveboy64(m): 4:48am On Jun 17, 2023
Ekrenji:

Answer
Yes, Abdulmutolib was an idolater

His intention was for his idol not in anyway related to Islam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Recommended Acts In First 10days Of Dhul-hijjah? / Are These Hadeeth Sahih ? / Have You Sms Greeting For Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.