Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. (1095 Views)

Naira Floating by Tinubu was Ill-advised-Atiku / “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) / 2023: TVC Presidential Debate,tinubu Shud Participate Or Forget North-arewa Al (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:03am On Jun 16, 2023
In the next 6 months we will know if President Tinubu is a genius or another leadership disaster like his predicessor.

I know some of you will abuse and insult, or even call me ITK.

No P.

Here things P Tinubu Shud have done instead of floating the naira or done before floating the naira.

We even go to Suddan to study...

1. Place some Embargo on Foriegn education in certain countries.

Lots of Nigerian students school in various African countries and they pay their fees with dollars and their monthly stepends also come via dollar transaction.

The president should have placed an. Embargo on New Nigerian students studying in other African countries, unless those African countries agree to accept the Naira directly.

This will reduce the the craze for dollars in Nigeria.

A similar gesture should also be extended to Nigerians studying abroad.

Nigerians with degrees in advanced countries like the USA, Germany, Britain and co should only be recognized. I am talking about countries were Nigerian students can hustle and generate money legitimately.

Any degree from other foriegn nation's will not be accepted in the country.

It's obvious we have abused this foriegn education thing. It's now a tradition to send your child to abroad for first or second degree or even the third.

So Nigerians send their kids to study at various countries all over the world, their by mounting unnecessary pressure on our FX.

Nigerians spend over $11.6 billion dollars on foriegn education in three years. That's just for education.

One of the reasons why the craze for dollars is so high.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by vowiski(m): 2:07am On Jun 16, 2023
Beer parlour analysts

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by DeLaRue: 2:09am On Jun 16, 2023
The President does not have the power to bar foreign education. Nigeria is not North Korea or Iran.

He can introduce policies that make it difficult to secure foreign currency for tuition fees, but even this will not stop it.

Parents will simply buy from the black market.

The right thing to do is to find ways of improving the quality and infrastructure of higher institutions.

The introduction of student loan (and higher tuition fees) will inject much needed funds for improving the schools.

If ASUU is rarely on strike, lecturers are well paid and doing their work well, and school infrastructure and environment is improved, the number of Nigerians travelling to Ghana and other countries for education will reduce significantly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:10am On Jun 16, 2023
2. Resume the ban on se imported items we are already importing. Obansanjo attempted to do this. If he had gotten it right we won't be here.

Commodities like rice, most of the stuffs sold in the super markets must be banned and any body caught selling them must be arrested and procecutted.

Also we spend so much money importing cars and phones. I think this items amount for 30% of our revenue..

A particular ex governor has 5 bullet proof card worth billions of Naira.

The government must regulate the importation of these items.

Davido spent millions on one foriegn car too, stuffs like that have lead us to were we are today.

No body should ownore than one luxury brand.

Every other one must be sized.

Government must also ban the importation of see new and used phones.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by PoliteActivist: 2:11am On Jun 16, 2023
What do you think happens when they can no longer afford it because price of dollar is too high?
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:13am On Jun 16, 2023
3. Limit senseless traveling to abroad

Our governor's even travel to abroad for meeting. Nigerians in a bid to travel to abroad for sensles activities waste the little forex we have.

There must be a limit on travel for now, especially among our polictical and non polictical office holders...

This will help curb the madness for foriegn currencies.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:19am On Jun 16, 2023
4. Ban senseless medical trips.

Some Nigerians travel to abroad for just check up, there by wasting our forex on frivolous things.

Government must ensure some of the Nigerians traveling abroad for treatment don't get forex, except it's very necessary.

Vice president Osinbanjo performed his surgery in Nigeria and he didn't die.

Secondly women going to give birth in foriegn countries must be turned back...

They are another wasters of our forex.

Any baby born in overseas will automatically be denied of Nigerian citizenship..

If you give birth to a baby abroad keep the baby their. Such a law will curb the Nigerian forex madness.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:22am On Jun 16, 2023
4. Cryptocurrencies.

Crypto should not be banned, but buying crypto directly with our FX must be banned.

Let them continue nto buy via p2p...

Better..

Any legeslation in the opposite direction will destroy the naira kpata kpata.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:22am On Jun 16, 2023
Kindly add yours.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:25am On Jun 16, 2023
PoliteActivist:
What do you think happens when they can no longer afford it because price of dollar is too high?

They will always afford it... They will find a way, even it mean doing evil, stealing, killing, etc.

Making it expensive will not scare them..

They will increase the price of their products and services to fight back. Set up more gangs, and cabals, etc

The people destroying this country are very smart people, who have chosen darkness over light.

1 Like

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by budaatum: 2:29am On Jun 16, 2023
Tinubu should increase nysc pay or scrap it and I might consider the jaguda jagaban a god.

I am Obidient.

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:29am On Jun 16, 2023
DeLaRue:
The President does not have the power to bar foreign education. Nigeria is not North Korea or Iran.

He can introduce policies that makes it difficult to secure foreign currency for tuition fees, but even this will not stop it.

The right thing to do is to find ways of improving the quality and infrastructure of higher institutions.

The introduction of student loan (and higher tuition fees) will inject much needed funds for improving the schools.

If ASUU is rarely on strike, lecturers are well paid and doing their work well, and school infrastructure and environment is improved, the number of Nigerians travelling to Ghana and other countries for education will reduce significantly.

Banning foriegn education is a long route.

Starving them of forex is impossible...

A policy like foriegn degrees from the following countries will no longer be regonised in Nigeria from this date, is enuf.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by ednut1(m): 2:31am On Jun 16, 2023
Unrealistic talks. Tinubus children studied abroad, children of most of the governors and politicians stay abroad too. There is no way you can ban people travelling for studies unless you are North Korea. Tinubu uses Doctors in France and Uk and you think he will bank use of foreign hospitals. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:33am On Jun 16, 2023
budaatum:
Tinubu should increase nysc pay or scrap it and I might consider the jaguda jagaban a god.

I am Obidient.

Scraping it will be too fast..

They shud make it non mandatory and also limit the number of corpers pers state of o like 500..
Only one batch per year.

Let mostly medical, nursing, some sensitive engineering degree holders be allowed to serve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:37am On Jun 16, 2023
ednut1:
Unrealistic talks. Tinubus children studied abroad, children of most of the governors and politicians stay abroad too. There is no way you can ban people travelling for studies unless you are North Korea. Tinubu uses Doctors in France and Uk and you think he will bank use of foreign hospitals. Smh

My point is, Nigerians with degrees form USA, Canada, Germany, those top countries should be recognized. All others from Ghana, Benin, Sudan, Cyprus, China, Malaysia and co should be unrecognized to discourage the foriegn education madness.

We spent $11.6 billion dollars in 3 years paying foriegn fees.. Imagine of this FX going Sudan and Ghana, Maritiues, etc.

We love to over do in Nigeria.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 2:39am On Jun 16, 2023
ednut1:

Tinubus case is also critical, so he can travel..

But for others who have taken medical tourism as fun..
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by mokset123: 3:19am On Jun 16, 2023
I am not in support of the OP's points. We have said it time and time again we need to build solid institutions (police, judiciary), the right infrastructure such as power and not individuals, so as to reduce corruption, reduce the cost of running government at all levels, review our educational curriculum to meet the current needs of our country. If done, this would bring about rapid development, to japa go hard afterwards. It is doable by setting short, mid and long term plans towards this. But my people are divided along ethnic and religious lines filled with insatiable greed
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by helinues: 4:45am On Jun 16, 2023
Wailers should rest IJN
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by WorldRichest: 6:05am On Jun 16, 2023
When you become President of the drunk men association of your village, then you can implement your own policies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 9:02am On Jun 20, 2023
Naria continue to slide after P Tinubu floated the naira.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by budaatum: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2023
LikeAking:
Maria continue to slide after P Tinubu floated the naira.

This Maria should bloody know her place and stay there or she'll be moving to Zimbabwe!

https://invezz.com/news/2023/06/21/as-the-nigerian-naira-plunges-is-it-the-next-zimbabwe-dollar/

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2023
LikeAking:
In the next 6 months we will know if President Tinubu is a genius or another leadership disaster like his predicessor.

I know some of you will abuse and insult, or even call me ITK.

No P.

Here things P Tinubu Shud have done instead of floating the naira or done before floating the naira.

We even go to Suddan to study...

1. Place some Embargo on Foriegn education in certain countries.

Lots of Nigerian students school in various African countries and they pay their fees with dollars and their monthly stepends also come via dollar transaction.

The president should have placed an. Embargo on New Nigerian students studying in other African countries, unless those African countries agree to accept the Naira directly.

This will reduce the the craze for dollars in Nigeria.

A similar gesture should also be extended to Nigerians studying abroad.

Nigerians with degrees in advanced countries like the USA, Germany, Britain and co should only be recognized. I am talking about countries were Nigerian students can hustle and generate money legitimately.

Any degree from other foriegn nation's will not be accepted in the country.

It's obvious we have abused this foriegn education thing. It's now a tradition to send your child to abroad for first or second degree or even the third.

So Nigerians send their kids to study at various countries all over the world, their by mounting unnecessary pressure on our FX.

Nigerians spend over $11.6 billion dollars on foriegn education in three years. That's just for education.

One of the reasons why the craze for dollars is so high.

Have you ever been to Sudan?
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2023
budaatum:

This Maria should bloody know her place and stay there or she'll be moving to Zimbabwe!

https://invezz.com/news/2023/06/21/as-the-nigerian-naira-plunges-is-it-the-next-zimbabwe-dollar/

You no well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by DeLaRue: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2023
LikeAking:

Banning foriegn education is a long route.

Starving them of forex is impossible...

A policy like foriegn degrees from the following countries will no longer be regonised in Nigeria from this date, is enuf.

The most popular destinations for Nigerian students are Ghana, UK, USA, and Canada.

So, Nigeria will not recognise degrees from these countries, and those countries will recognise degrees from Nigeria

Nigeria will be the big loser.

Governing a country involves a complex tapestry of local and international give and take.

Banning this, that, and everything is simplistic and not a viable solution, nor is it desirable. It will turn Nigeria into an isolated basket case because there will be reciprocal actions from other countries.

Also, once we encourage politicians to keep banning more and more of our legitimate freedoms and privileges, we shouldn't be surprised when the same politicians turn around to ban us from having more than one child, ban us from going out after 7pm, ban us from criticising them, ban us from this and that.

Then, I guess we'll be happy to live like North Koreans, Iranians, Burmese etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2023
DeLaRue:

The most popular destinations for Nigerian students are Ghana, UK, USA, and Canada.

So, Nigeria will not recognise degrees from these countries, and those countries will recognise degrees from Nigeria

Governing a country involves a complex tapestry of local and international give and take.

Banning this, that, and everything is simplistic and not a viable solution, nor is it desirable. It will turn Nigeria into an isolated basket case because there will be reciprocal actions from other countries.

Also, once we encourage politicians to keep banning more and more of our legitimate freedoms and privileges, we shouldn't be surprised when the same politicians turn around to ban us from having more than one child, ban us from going out after 7pm, ban us from criticising them, ban us from this and that.

I said from some countries..

Number on on this list is Ghana.

The UK, US and Canada will still be recognized..

My only reason is because they allow Nigerian students work and hustle in their country...

All others were Nigerian students are not allowed to work must be banned.

See, as a nation we must make certain sacrifice...

If banning foriegn edu, will reduce our demand for the Dollar and also prevent inflation it's a wellcomed dev.

After all the foriegn grads have not done anything special for us.

We are just obsessed with anything foriegn edu.

Above all looting is the main problem.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Have you ever been to Sudan?

Why should Nigerians study in Sudan?

How many Sudanese are in Nigeria studying?
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2023
LikeAking:

Why should Nigerians study in Sudan?

How many Sudanese are in Nigeria studying?

Alot are in Nigeria studying. They usually go through a course of intensive English.

But my Question was, have you ever been to Sudan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 11:39am On Jun 21, 2023
DeLaRue:

All those countries you mentioned are better than Nigeria.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by budaatum: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
DeLaRue:

LikeAking:

All those countries you mentioned are better than Nigeria.

Really? Or would you like us to place you in a certain category?
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
budaatum:

Really? Or would you like us to place you in a certain category?

I will be very happy off course...

I know my children and family are safe in those countries..
No drugs, cultism, or negative culture.
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by LikeAking: 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2023
$1 = 820?
Re: Naira Floating: What Tinubu Shud Have Done. by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:17am On Jun 30, 2023
DeLaRue:

He can introduce policies that make it difficult to secure foreign currency for tuition fees, but even this will not stop it.

That he won’t do it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the powers to. You’re right in the other aspect, we’re not North Korea

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Discovered INEC Deleted Results On All BIVAS Machine We Inspected / Obi's Degree Should Be Withdrawn By UNN / Simon Ekpa: After Watching The Video, Hear What Baba Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.