Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,027 members, 7,845,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Tinubu Includes Firefighting Vehicle In His Motorcade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Includes Firefighting Vehicle In His Motorcade (392 Views)

Tinubu And Wike's Motorcade In Port Harcourt Today (Video) / Oshiomhole Stops His Motorcade To Dance With Elderly Women In Igarra (Video) / Gov. Makinde Seen Shoping For Firefighting Equipments Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Includes Firefighting Vehicle In His Motorcade by Ebubu2: 9:15am On Jun 16, 2023
The president, Bola Tinubu, has approved the inclusion of the Service Rapid Intervention Vehicle in his motorcade.

The Controller General of Federal Fire Service, Jaji Abdulganiyu disclosed this while receiving the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Oluwatoyin Akinlade, in his office on Thursday.

He said Tinubu will be the first president to have the fire fighting vehicle in his convoy in the history of the country.

Abdulganiyu said, “Mr President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has given the approval to include the Service Rapid Intervention Vehicle in his motorcade. This is the first in the history of Nigeria. ”

He added that the service had recently procured 15 of the vehicles which would soon be deployed.

Abdulganiyu said, “We have just procured 15 Ford Built Rapid Intervention Vehicles, already delivered to the Service awaiting commissioning and deployment. The Rapid Intervention Vehicle is ideal for combating fire during its initial stages.”

He, however, said the service lacked the needed manpower to effectively carry out its mandates.

Abdulganiyu said, “Permit me also to note some of the challenges of the Service, they are: Inadequate manpower to effectively carry out our mandates, attack on firefighters, housing needs for personnel, firefighting infrastructural gap and Budgetary constraint, amongst others.”

Akinlade promised that the welfare of personnel in the service would be prioritised to keep their morale high.

She said, ” The welfare and other things needed to keep the morale of the personnel high will be given priority. The ministry will ensure you also get all the funding that you need. We also call on the state governments to support the fire service to reduce the burden on the Federal Fire service. “

https://punchng.com/tinubu-includes-firefighting-vehicle-in-motorcade/

Re: Tinubu Includes Firefighting Vehicle In His Motorcade by Ebubu2: 9:15am On Jun 16, 2023
For his health?
Re: Tinubu Includes Firefighting Vehicle In His Motorcade by Mikegem: 9:17am On Jun 16, 2023
Logistical interpretation of this is theirs to define
Re: Tinubu Includes Firefighting Vehicle In His Motorcade by Solidkay(m): 9:35am On Jun 16, 2023
Whatever moves the country forward and keeps it working is a welcome development.
Ride on PBAT...
I believe the poor masses will start breathing fresh air soon...
Re: Tinubu Includes Firefighting Vehicle In His Motorcade by Brendaniel: 8:38am On Jun 17, 2023
I just laugh when people talk about Tinubu's performance as Lagos governor, for me he still remains the worst performing governor I've ever witnessed in my life(both military and civilian), he runs a very costly administration, I'm not surprised hearing this at all, the first I saw Tinubu's convoy as a governor passing through my street in Lagos, that was the day I knew how wasteful and proud this man Tinubu was.

The number of cars I counted was around over 50, it had coaster buses with press crew, I think an ambulance vehicle, then the one that shocked me was the Police bomb squad unit that was attached to the convoy, I never in my life knew that police had a bomb squad till I saw Tinubu's convoy, even as young as I was in JSS1 or 2, what I saw was too much amount of show off, and all these at the expense of tax payers.

Tinubu is very wasteful with governance

(1) (Reply)

Who Advised Bola Tinubu On Renaming Airports? / Why're People Upset About The Fuel Price Increase? / FG Uncovers 1,617 Civil Servants With Fake Employment Letters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.