Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos (25061 Views)

Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / How To Buy Stuffs At Cheaper Price At Idumota Market, Lagos This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by onuman: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
We thought the Buhari era dictatorship is gone. An era where uniformed men and women thought that the Laws of the country are not meant for uniformed men and women.
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Babaken(m): 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
HEBEI:
Were the traders not dealing in contrabands
Is that how they go after country bands.

1 Like

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Scarrr: 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
meolaniyi:
Always targeting Igbos businesses
u be fool , dey did d same in Bodija market Ibadan last year.. I guess na Igbo businesses too 🙄

4 Likes

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Excallibur(m): 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Part of the report that gets my attention:

When did Tinubu become your father?
Is he not a cocaine sniffer again?
Or are you saying your father is a cocaine sniffer?
how does that alleviate him from his responsibilities
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by xjiggy: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Custom go come now tell us say na contraband. I go only belive wetin my mind tell me because both the traders and custom officials no go tell the real truth
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by chaseblack(m): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
HEBEI:

People like you are worse than criminals. Like Even if they were selling contrabands, do you want to say Customs don't have a legal modus operandi. Why can't they go in broad daylight, or even if they have to go at night, why haven't they arrested the sellers and prosecute them?
Think and stop waiting to be fed!

1 Like

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Greattha: 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2023
Are you surprised?

Blame his level of reasoning and exposure....

To him and some like him here, anyone who didn't support tinubu cannot feel the impact of his government be it positive or otherwise.

His hate will consume him

LARRYOBRAIN:
You must be high on Cocaine that you are always of the same opinion every time.
No be your brothers dey traffic the cocaine worldwide.

3 Likes

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Mrfeel: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

He became a father of the nation from the day he took the oath to become the president of the nation
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Mrfeel: 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
sammirano:
So Asiwaju is your father now. Interessant.
As long as he remains the president he's the father of the nation
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by maasoap(m): 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

You realised that Yoruba woman was among the victims?

2 Likes

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by gabbytabby: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Ellasure: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
someone somewhere in the customs service or otherwise is checking out what the new government under BAT would do to iterant government officials.

the officials that carried out this aberrations should be properly identified and flushed out of the drains of government offices.

they can no longer make money from petroleum fuel exportation to west African countries so they are back to their usual market raids for goods that they have received bribe money from.

why come in the night.?
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by maasoap(m): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
HEBEI:
That wasn't an official duty, dummy. They bungled shops in the midnight, pure armed robbery. That's why their Ogas said that there was no record of such operation
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Roger3D(m): 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2023
N3TRAL:
The ethics of Nigerian Custom agents are bad.

They apply their crude principle to vehicles as well. They stop you and tell you the vehicle you bought with your hard earned money was smuggled into the country.

It is burglary under criminal law to break into someone's property. They should police the borders well if they don't want prohibited goods to be smuggled into the country.
And then what should happen to the goods that mange to slip across the border? They should just let the criminal enjoy their I guess

1 Like

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by babydioku(f): 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2023
They are carrying out instructions of their druggie president
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by obi58: 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

So the market women who are supposed to be loyal to the Iyaloja of Eko are no longer Tinubu's children?

People who mobilized in their thousands and even closed their shops to attend BAT rallies in Lagos are no longer supporters?

Shey your head no dey pain you so?

See why it's not good to be a BAT supporter? Classical example of use and dump
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Maysdevices(f): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Do you know the person’s original opinion about Tinubu? Is it everyone that hated Tinubu?

Which sort of dumb comment is this?
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by obi58: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
Roger3D:
And then what should happen to the goods that mange to slip across the border? They should just let the criminal enjoy their I guess

Uncle no official operation will include attacking shops at night, breaking in and carting away goods.

That's robbery plain and simple.

If it's a genuine operation perhaps to impound contraband then it should have been done in the daytime with the necessary police support present to ensure security of their officials while discharging their official duties.

In my opinion this is either a case of:

1. Rogue customs officers, OR
2. Thieves masquerading as Customs officials to avoid detection.
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by prophetfire: 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Tinubu is her father and still a cocaine sniffing father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by prophetfire: 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2023
HEBEI:
Were you there to certify that their goods were contraband? And do you break into people's shops in the night when they're not there to seize contrabands?
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Roger3D(m): 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
obi58:

Uncle no official operation will include attacking shops at night, breaking in and carting away goods.

That's robbery plain and simple.

If it's a genuine operation perhaps to impound contraband then it should have been done in the daytime with the necessary police support present to ensure security of their officials while discharging their official duties.

In my opinion this is either a case of:

1. Rogue customs officers, OR
2. Thieves masquerading as Customs officials to avoid detection.
How can you know this? The shop owners accused the custom officials for the seizure without even setting eyes on them during the so called operation. Let's wait for the Customs side of the story before accusing them of robbery. Importation of rice remains banned until lifted and all illegal rice thus imported is subject to seizure without compensation
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by 123papas(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
Don't mind the pholeesh myopic fellow. Of the three names mentioned, two are yoruba. He thinks it is only Igbos that are traders.
maasoap:

You realised that Yoruba woman was among the victims?

1 Like

Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by Mitsurugi(m): 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

May your own suffer a worst fate
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by slimfit1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
Iyaloja didn't see this coming ba
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by jehoha696(m): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
Let's consider the following:-
1.Jus cuz dey worn custom uniform makes dem custom officials?
2.Do dey av any proof?
CuZ lyk diz the mata don turn bygone
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by DaveHarry(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
What if the perpetrators of this heinous crime are not Nigerian customs officers? What if the perpetrators were disguising to be customs officers? A proper investigation needs to be done before this finger pointing
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by lexy2014: 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/power-drunk-customs-officials-loot-traders-shops-overnight/

Accusation without proof will be difficult to convince anyone. If there was video evidence, it will e easier to.hold the NCS responsible
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by kalufelix(m): 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
themanderon:
Lawlessness everywhere.
Reckless lawlessness my brother...only in Nigeria..
Re: Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos by 7arrows: 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Hahahahha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Orders AMCON To Pay Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil N26 Bn / Soyabeans, Crayfish and Groundnut Powder For Babies and toddlers. / How To Sell Your Imported Products Fast (Online & Offline)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.