Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,158 members, 7,829,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan (26556 Views)

Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate / JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December / Naira Hits All-Time Low Of ₦1,152/$1 In Black Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by Bigsunny01(m): 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
Madness

It was 195 during Jonathan regime

Will heaven fall to earth if naira is above dollar?

I mean we have all it take to
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by Charly68: 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
Emefiele has destroyed our economy ...himself and his former boss were just playing on our currency to satisfying their cronies in the corridor of power. They shall lose all their I'll gotten wealth to sickness and diseases and disasters in Jesus name. They won't enjoy what they have stollen from Nigeria purse .. they betrayed our trust and God will surely bring them under judgement in Jesus name
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by blueAgent(m): 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
Bigsunny01:
Madness

It was 195 during Jonathan regime

Will heaven fall to earth if naira is above dollar?

I mean we have all it take to

You have what?

Go and check GDP of Carlifornia and compare it to that of Africa before Nigeria.
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by Powersurge: 3:08am On Jun 17, 2023
uzohrome:
Great news, let support this administration . Nigeria will be great again

Calm down and use your head. Make politicians no dey use una play kite. Naso una carry Buhari for head. He turned out to be a plague. Relax and watch first.

1 Like

Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by galantjoe(m): 3:32am On Jun 17, 2023
Jagabam bu odegwu

Wasn't same principle of economics textbook that Adebisi, the current CBN gov and Emefiele studied at their MBA.

Nawaooo
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by OChimex: 5:00am On Jun 17, 2023
Parachoko:
I hope we will see it very soon.

A lot of job still needs to be done

Right now is about #750 lipsrsealed

Don’t mind them, Nigerians and their govt are just dumb.
The only thing that will make dollar fall is reducing excess pressure on dollar. Nigeria imports 99.9 percents of their consumption.
Vacations, schooling, medical tourism. These put excess pressure on dollar.
And law of demand and supply always apply on dollar exchange.
Nigeria should start moving from consumption country to production country and see dollar fall yakataaa

1 Like

Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by OyinO: 6:51am On Jun 17, 2023
Shame on Nigerians and Nigeria. A fallen giant indeed
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by aklid(m): 7:53am On Jun 17, 2023
600? And still y’all think that is good? Abeg ooo…just watch out for prices of things soaring sooon😬
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by Donedeal1(m): 8:13am On Jun 17, 2023
The campaign should be over by now nah

Make it come down like the cooking gas

Azap.
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by Bigsunny01(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2023
blueAgent:

You have what?

Go and check GDP of Carlifornia and compare it to that of Africa before Nigeria.

Go and check what make de gdp of California so

We have all it take to grow our gdp if only we have a working govt
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by Cfc4life(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2023
Please and please we want naira to appreciate #1500/1$
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by blueAgent(m): 11:30am On Jun 17, 2023
Bigsunny01:

Go and check what make de gdp of California so

We have all it take to grow our gdp if only we have a working govt

What do you think made Carlifornia economy great?
Resources or brains?
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by Bigsunny01(m): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2023
blueAgent:

What do you think made Carlifornia economy great?
Resources or brains?

Forget it bruh

Whatsoever it is dat made dere economy great, i tell u na greed and corruption dey kill us

We actually have what it take to compete wit dem

UAE is ur clue
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by blueAgent(m): 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2023
Bigsunny01:

Forget it bruh

Whatsoever it is dat made dere economy great, i tell u na greed and corruption dey kill us

We actually have what it take to compete wit dem

UAE is ur clue

We don't have.

That greed and corruption are just symptoms of the bigger problem.

UAE cannot even compare with counties in US, talkless of States and US alone.

Make I burst your bubble ,Apple company alone has annual revenue equivalent to our annual budget for aleast 10straight years.

Find another country like Turkey,Malaysia dey compare Nigeria with, US no be Nigeria mate.

I like your dream but, e get why. cool
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by grandstar(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
LordAdam16:

The headline is misleading.

High 600s is not 600/$.

Yesterday, it closed at 702 at the official I&E window. Intra-day high of 791. Turnover declined from almost $200m to $70m. We're currently producing 1.5m bpd. Our OPEC cap is 1.8m bpd. And there's $12B in unfunded liabilities to be cleared.

I initially believed the unified rate will settle at mid 600s. Now, I expect rates to oscillate at mid 700's.

Not to mention, all of this is contiguous on the global economy not falling into a recession later this year or early next year. Germany has already slipped taking the eurozone with it. New Zealand just slipped. China's recovery is anemic.

Oh, have I mentioned roaring inflation?

In the mid term, dollar earners are safe. I sha moved most of my funds to Naira and I immediately convert most of my earnings that I'm not planning to invest in foreign securities to Naira. The CBN is yet to inject massive funds, so that's the immediate concern. Otherwise, the elevated parallel market rate has been quite resilient.

Lastly, we've been here before. Rates crashed from 520 to 360 before. So a N100 appreciation will not be that painful. I'll just chuck it up as 15% increase in COL. And when the rate appreciates and settles, I'm moving spare change back to $. Because the next upheaval will take rates to 1000. Whether it is recession, oil price collapse, hyperinflation, another pandemic... It does not matter, because Nigeria's economic health is immunocompromised. Any slight shock and the descent will resume.

-Lord

You're right. The Naira went from 520 to 360 in 2017.

I too suspect or worry the true rate will finally settle around 700 or even more. When one considers the $12bn unsettled transfers. I also suspect that's partially why the restrictions on the 41 or is it 43 products from assessing forex from the CBN still subsist.

Anyway, these are still early days.
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by ECIDSGO: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
ECIDSGO:
Jokers undecided undecided undecided undecided. In coming months Naira will be about 800 to 1 dollars . Pounds sterling is currently 985 to 1 Pounds

please see what i said a few weeks ago.
Re: Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan by grandstar(m): 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
600 is nigh impossible now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Loses N5million She Was Paid After Losing Job To Church Micro-finance Bank / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria / What Kind Of Business Will Someone Start With N100,000 In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.