Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

What Is Your Favorite Soup? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is Your Favorite Soup? (17009 Views)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / How Much Does Your Favorite Bread Cost In Your Area? / What Is Your Favorite Soup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Pickmycall: 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2023
Nazgul:

Lol it's not pepper soup. It's a soup native to Anambra state which is consumed with any swallow of your choice. Pepper soup is totally different from Ofe Nsala.
The only difference is the thickener.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by wengerman: 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2023
Godisablealltim:
egunsi with ishapa
you must be from the okun area of kogi state
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
But I want to check something... grin grin cheesy
mzansiboy:

Sam you are being naughty😁😁😁😁
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by uglodoh(f): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
ernesco0816517:
Atamah soup 🍲, with better goat meat,stock fish, accompany it fufu(iwa),
Prepare it Banga (abakk).

If u ain't from AKS ,mbok u are missing alot (delicacies).
No matter how you cook Abak soup, it can't be like Afang soup. I enjoy Abak with Ayang Epang
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Love800(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
I agree sha. Wat the guy posted looked like egusi to me.

But can u outline the process? That is my best soup but dont know wer to start from in cooking it
Buddha3:

You're asking a full blooded South South indigene this kind of question?

How in God's name do you prepare groundnut soup without the requisite passengers and have the audacity to snap and upload?

It's like preparing fisherman soup without fresh fish and the necessary orishirishi, then be uploading it with raised shoulders. That shit is gonn look like a baby's puke!

Even Nnamdi Kanu's beans in prison has to be more appealing to the eye than this.. grin
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by YungTemy(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
Buddha3:

Then cook bachelor food na.. grin

Palm oil rice, hood spaghetti, spicy noodles, marcaroni and fish, etc.

If you must eat swallow, make ogbono soup with canda and stock fish. E go well pass anything! Leave our groundnut soup alone please.. embarassed

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Houseontherock1: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2023
FahBuLous:
As a certified and well known indegene of Akwa Abasi Ibom state, my favorite soup is non other than "Afang soup" I think this is the most delicious soup in the world... No cap..
Seconded!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Atarakpa: 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2023
Sea okra soup.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by sprints1: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2023
Gbegiri soup the fermented one he dey make me cum well well ontop toto best soup ever natural L arginine
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2023
Love800:
I agree sha. Wat the guy posted looked like egusi to me.

But can u outline the process? That is my best soup but dont know wer to start from in cooking it

It relatively has the same preparatory method with Egusi. Ingredients just differ, and timing is important.

As an additive, Some folks prefer garden egg leaves (has different names in different tribes). Others use hot leaves cause it helps add flavour and hot steam to the soup, in the absence of much pepper. Certain villages in Akwa-Cross even mix in a small measure of afang leaves and trust me, it lends a whole new taste to the finished product. And the one I find most odd is the vegetable leaves with less pepper. Tried it once and I felt like throwing up.

The time you allow the groundnut paste to fry is quite different from what's obtainable with melon. And with the groundnut, you have to stir more, cause when it gets lumpy like melon, you most likely may be unable to eat and enjoy it the next day.

Pepper is important. Like very. As is oil. Then you cannot take away the ultimate blend of stock fish, kpomo, less-boned dry fish and meat (preferences vary). Periwinkle is optional of course, but you can go an extra mile with snails.. Darn!!

It is also important to make sure your groundnut soup isn't too thick on the first lay, cause once it's cold, it moulds and when rewarmed, seems to swell and loses some of its taste. So it stays between fluidity and thickness. Though when eaten with starch or well turned semovita, some folks prefer it a bit less thick.

And like someone else said earlier, groundnut soup isn't what you have on a regular. It builds cholesterol in your body that is hard to break. And that's harmful. So having the recipe like once in a week or twice in ten days, should work just fine.. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Uchedizzy(f): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
Oha soup
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Vision101(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
@mariahAngel post=123835442]Vegetable soup.
It's rich in iron.

@me
God bless you. This was what my darling used to win me over. My assistant soup is well prepared egusi soup. Both of them must not have water.

How you dey my sis.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Kendrick80(m): 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2023
Efo riro
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by grandstar(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
keymatt:
So this country na big village wey get nothing But do you know any state in Nigeria that is the best producer of pear?

I don't. Just Google it.

In Nigeria, all people do is to eat it raw but in South America where it is from, it is used in preparing cuisines. A popular one is guacamole.

Who can afford to buy such huge avocados in Nigeria? grin grin grin

PS

IITA in Ibadan should have hybrid avocados

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by mariahAngel(f): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
Vision101:
@mariahAngel post=123835442]Vegetable soup.
It's rich in iron.

@me
God bless you. This was what my darling used to win me over. My assistant soup is well prepared egusi soup. Both of them must not have water.

Your darling knows what's up. cheesy

My favourite used to be oha soup, then I changed it in order of nutritional superiority.
Vegetable soup is good, especially for women.

As for egusi, it is one soup that is not easy to please, and e dey quick vex (sour). cheesy
I don't know what guys see in that soup.

How you dey my sis.

I dey fine, thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by KingLion007(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2023
FahBuLous:
As a certified and well known indegene of Akwa Abasi Ibom state, my favorite soup is non other than "Afang soup" I think this is the most delicious soup in the world... No cap..
Eyen-Eka you're on point.. though I am preparing editan soup now as I type this msg.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
ekiti ni oooo
wengerman:
you must be from the okun area of kogi state
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by KingLion007(m): 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
ernesco0816517:
Atamah soup 🍲, with better goat meat,stock fish, accompany it fufu(iwa),
Prepare it Banga (abakk).

If u ain't from AKS ,mbok u are missing alot (delicacies).
I sight you man!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Eddaman77(m): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2023
Nazgul:
I don't have best soup...but I love the following because I eat them often.

* Ofe Nsala (white soup)

* Afang soup.

* Egusi soup.

* Ogbono/Okra soup.

* Egburegbu (It's a native Edda soup) although I don't eat this one often cos you won't find it anywhere outside Afikpo, I still love it.
Proudly EDDAMAN!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by JudgeWilson(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
Okoho soup.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Sweetvie: 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
Egusi soup
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Pacesetter2021: 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2023
Hot egusi soup with very white fufu.

Thank you.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by brightDdon(m): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
FahBuLous:
Are you frm Akwa ibom state?

I am a certified Ikot Abasi pikin

I don't joke with Afereh usong udiah( white soup with panded yam)
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by brightDdon(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
lordm:
Banga soup and starch

I perceive Delta or Edo pikin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by ernesco0816517(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2023
uglodoh:
No matter how you cook Abak soup, it can't be like Afang soup. I enjoy Abak with Ayang Epang

That means u haven't tested atamah prepared with abak before πŸ₯±,me I don't fancy that ayang ekpang ...
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by ernesco0816517(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2023
KingLion007:
I sight you man!

AK ayaya

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
Egusi soup with exotic meats and fish, and my favorite swallow is pounded yam, oh my God. πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Annahh(f): 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
Oha soup smiley
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by 4KNGOATS(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
FahBuLous:
Vegetables mixed with egusi.....goes well with semolina eba lile Amala and Tuwo
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by mzansiboy(m): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
Samantha124:
But I want to check something... grin grin cheesy

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Leo81(m): 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2023
Afang soup......
Re: What Is Your Favorite Soup? by Emeka71(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
mariahAngel:
Vegetable soup.
It's rich in iron.
Egusi soup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

1 Cup Of Garri Is N300 In My Area, What About U? / Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.