Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,551 members, 7,843,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) (642 Views)

Lost In Your Arms (A Story By Kenoquill) / Short Stories By Talius Dike / Stories That Touch (short Stories) By Aniekan Andikan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) by Kenoquill: 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
Slice of Life Story

Written by Kenoquill

For more interesting content, check out this link👇🏾
https://instagram.com/kenoquill?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

HOW I LOST MY LIFE SAVINGS

I always felt uncomfortable on wet beds, tonight I didn't care as I lay on my bed, which was soaked with my tears.

Just two hours ago, my life savings were lost. What made it so painful was not that I lost the money, but rather that I could have prevented it if only I had listened to God.

I invested my savings in a cryptocurrency expecting a high return after learning from my friend Femi a week ago about a cryptocurrency that was certain to rise.

Naturally, I trusted him because he was more experienced in it than I was.

Until yesterday everything he had told me had helped me make lots of profit.

But two days ago I felt that I should to invest in a cryptocurrency that wasn't doing so well while I was watching the market.

I ignored it because I thought it was so ridiculous. Even Justus my Flatmate told me over dinner "o boy, you sure say this update when Femi give you pure?"

Justus knew I was staking all I had and he was worried about me loosing it all.

I climbed aboard the other ship, just like Jonah, and did as Femi suggested.

I lost track of the Holy Spirit's leading as I became preoccupied with watching the market.

The pressure to pay my bills was real.

I spent less time in prayer and fellowship with God, and relied more on my own abilities and knowledge.

My mother's voice was all I heard during that week.

"Tolu, your sister has still not been able to pay her acceptance fee; are you certain she won't have to forfeit her admission?".

After three years of applying for admission and failing, I couldn't let Tolani go through that once more.

"Tolu, I just called to remind you that your house rent expires next month; pay up or leave" my Landlord said last week.

Other bills also needed to be sorted out, and the salary from my current job would not be enough

I felt like I was drowning in my many worries, and the profit from trading the cryptocurrency Femi showed me appeared to be the only way out.

And now I've lost everything—my last chance, and Tolani's future.

The money I invest fell from hundreds of thousands of naira to just fifteen thousand naira!

I then thought of Jonah's words.
"When all hope was gone, I once more focused my thoughts on the LORD. And I prayed fervently to you in your revered Temple. "

I sobbed in pain, "God help me, I have nowhere else to go, have mercy on me."

I prayed before dozing off.

The following morning, I saw a message from Femi when I woke up. I quickly swiped it away in anger and continued with my morning devotion.

I heard, "Listen to him," but I didn't want to believe it was from God because I had gotten into trouble before for following Femi's advice.

When I opened Femi's text, I noticed a link that I clicked, which led to a job posting in a company. Since I was qualified for the position, I applied.

I tried to gather myself, but it was still difficult to move on and forget the losses. I wondered how I would start over.

The job offer felt like a ray of sunshine in my dark world.

I waited a week before the company I had applied to sent me a letter of confirmation, and then I was given the job.

After spending more time with God, I realized that the salary was sufficient to cover Tolani's acceptance fee as well as other investments I had been told by God to make.

In addition to giving me another chance out of His great mercy, God also gave me the tools I needed to start over.

No matter how far you have strayed from God and no matter how many chances you have missed, I pray that God's mercy and grace will find you and grant you a second chance. This is my prayer for anyone reading my story.

1 Like

Re: READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) by Kenoquill: 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
Hello readers!!!

THANK YOU FOR CHECKING OUT THIS STORY
Here's a new story update. Enjoy as you read.

Kindly comment on your observations from the story.

Love, Kenoquill
TITLE: ANNA'S PLIGHT

Re: READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) by Kenoquill: 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2023
TITLE: ANNA'S PLIGHT

“Many times we try to ignore the truth.
Even when it rings so loudly in our souls.”

KENOQUILL

Anna always had a dream to be married before twenty five, now she was twenty nine. She had hoped and searched in parties and dates for the one for her.

Two months ago her luck seemed to shine. There was a new Director of sales in the company she worked.

His name was James, he was tall, dark and perfect. She swooned when he spoke and he always liked her work.

He had asked her the day before if she wanted to grab lunch with him. Anna went with him, she was the envy of all the other ladies and she felt she was the star at work.

Two months turned into five and James finally invited her over to his house.

It was Saturday, and she had her little sister's graduation to attend. Anna picked up her phone and with regret in her heart she sent a message of apology to Harriet. "I can't make it. I'm sorry. Work came up".

Even as she sent her lies, she felt drained on the inside and it wasn't because she had lied, she lied to people almost everyday, she lied to her mother everytime she called.

Her mother always taught her about God and right living would probably die from shock if she ever found out. Anna rolled her eyes, it never did her any good to live like her mother.

She applied more lipstick to her already red lips. She looked at herself in the mirror and suddenly felt sick. She wanted to stay at home today.

But there was James, he was everything she needed, Anna couldn't bear to let him go. She would meet him today whether she felt like going out or not.

She drove with the directions he had given her. She was annoyed he hadn't picked her up himself, but he had explained he had a report to complete in the morning, and he had to make everything ready to entertain her.

" Hello James, I'm at your gate" Anna called him.

"Hello Beautiful, I'll be with you soon" His amazing voice came through the phone speaker.

She wanted those words to mean more. Anna smiled " I can't wait".

His house was practically a mansion. He had at least five cars parked. As he led her in , the house keepers smiled warmly as they greeted her.

The pit in her stomach was gone, replaced with awe. Whatever she had seen about him before was only a fraction of his wealth.

They talked about each other's week as he walked with her. He looked different wearing a white T-shirt on Jeans. She always saw him on a full suit.

"Make yourself comfortable" He said as he held her waist and guided her across the large parlour to the dining area.

"I made a feast just for you Anna" he brushed her cheeks and gave her a smile that revealed a set of dimples. It made her toes melt.

"Thank you James". As they sat to eat the delicacies that laid before them. James said "Grace" over the food.

Anna enjoyed herself beyond whatever she had imagined. That horrible feeling kept gnawing at her, she guessed she would need to apologize to her sister Harriet later.

James had a cinema room in his house. He had suggested they see a movie. It was interesting to watch, but between the dark room, and James holding her against his warmth, she just wanted to sleep.

"James can I take a little nap?"

He smiled at her "Sure babe" He planted a kiss on her forehead.

She was having the time of her life, but she couldn't shake off the sadness she felt deep inside, It was absurd.

As she drifted deeper, she thought for a moment that the sadness felt wasn't her own, like it was coming from someone who was there with her , someone who wasn't James but who deeply cared about her.

Anna shook it off, she enjoyed the way James stroked her back. In few moments she was entirely immersed in darkness.

When she woke up everything was cold. It was still dark the only light in the room were some candles. She was on a mat, not the sofa. To her horror, she noted she couldn't move although she wasn't tied.

"James" she called out softly. When there was no answer, she felt her lungs become constricted. "James!" She screamed this time, she was trying her best not to have a panic attack.

"I'm right here" his voice echoed in the darkness. He stalked towards her, in the candle light she could see his handsome face that always looked at her with serenity and affection was stony and distant.

"Don't be afraid Anna" he said as he stroked her hair. She felt cold where he touched her.

"You won't feel a thing. Or at least you won't feel all of it"

"I don't understand. James I need a doctor, I don't feel so good" her lips trembled as she spoke.

"I know. Now shhhh" he put a finger to his lips.

"Take me home James" Anna began to cry.
James bent over her and kissed her on her forehead. He found her right ear "I can't " he whispered into it.

He drew back and Anna felt a jab at the left side of her chest. She didn't know what was going on, something warm and liquid touched her face, it was not very thick. She could smell it though—it was blood.

She saw the knife in his hands finally with blood, her blood. She saw someone behind James, he was so bright she almost couldn't make out his face.

The man was crying. He was in agony, like his heart was breaking, feeling every pain she couldn't feel.

Anna realized she was dying. She had heard of people who prayed to God before they died to forgive them. She had been horrible as a person.

She held the shiny man's gaze, his eyes seemed to burn. She tried to reach out to him but she couldn't.

"Merc...." She tried to say Mercy, but she felt James' blade slice through her throat.

He turned her body over. Her neck was held over a bowl and she faced the reality of him. Before her an ugly stone god on an altar, as ugly as the real James.

The light from the man disappeared. She felt cold and the light in the room disappeared.

The darkness became dark ugly creatures, they seemed to yank her up, pulling her upright and she was staring down at her limp body.

She was dead, no one was coming to save her—she knew the people who held her were too cold, not like the man she had saw earlier. She knew she wasn't going to see the shiny man again. She was going to hell.

Here's a story of a woman who ignored all the warning signs. Many people have heard the word of God too many times to count.
Yet they do nothing to grab their copy of God's mercies.

Many people try to do life by themselves and they ignore the word of God that's meant to light up their path, to give them direction.

And like Anna many ignore the holyspirit when he tries to tell them about things.

You don't have be be in a life or death situation before you finally choose to listen to God. He speaks to you all the time.

According to Matthew.6.33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

This scripture shows us that God knows what you need, he also knows its important for you to get some things in life. Whether it is getting married, money, children, promotion, etc.

But because of dangers both physically and spiritually, like the one Anna found herself; God needs you to seek him first.

So he can guide you, so he can keep you safe and most of all so you won't loose you soul to hell—instead you would be with him in heaven forever.

Dear reader, it is time to make a decision to live your life for God, do not wait for tomorrow — EVEN THE NEXT SECOND MIGHT BE TOO LATE.
Re: READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) by Kenoquill: 9:52am On Sep 07, 2023
TITLE: FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE STORY. Kindly Comment, I would love to hear your thoughts on it

Image: Vanessa Kangori

Re: READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) by Kenoquill: 9:53am On Sep 07, 2023
FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAM

Men and women in suits looked at her, as she stood tensely in the middle of the room.
"Miss Morrison, you can begin now" the man at the farthest end of the table spoke.

She was in the board room of Tasti Inc and Alicia was there to pitch her business, WonderTaste, in a Pitchathalon to win a business grant and a year of consultation from these major players in the food industry.

The new eatery Oodun, on the same street as hers was, had attracted both her loyal and potential new customers.

Winning the Pitchathalon would give her the edge over Oodun.

As the breadwinner for her family following the passing of their parents, Alice was aware of how important the success of her business was, her sister's education depended on it.

She then took a deep breath before starting her pitch.

Alice spoke passionately about her love of food and how it led her to found WonderTaste, beginning with her early years when she first learned to cook for herself and her younger sister.

Her business wanted to give customers an experience instead of just a meal.

Every dish was served with a smile and a personal touch and was influenced by different cultures.

As Alice spoke, the board members nodded and took notes.

They interviewed twenty other contestants. Alice got more nervous as time passed.

When they finally announced the winner as WonderTaste she couldn't believe. All of Alice's effort had finally paid off.

For the next year, Alice followed every advised they gave on how to expand her business.

WonderTaste soon acquired two additional locations, a larger menu, and more personnel as a result. Even food critics praised the business.

Alice's younger sister Emery was able to graduate with honors and launch her teaching career.

Alice couldn't help smiling as she sat in her office surrounded by accolades and awards, proof that she had come a long way.

She always thanked her friend, Kikelomo for motivating her to compete in the Pitchathalon because she wouldn't be where she is today without her encouragement.

She also no longer had animosity toward Oodun because she now understood that everyone could find work in the food industry.

WonderTaste was more than just a business to Alice; it was a way of life.

Story by Kenoquill
Re: READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) by Kenoquill: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

If you will like to be part of a community where I will be dropping stories and novels for you to enjoy and give feedbacks.

Click on this link
https:///+DR4MQKyvdtY4NzJk

Perks of being a part of this group is you get to read stories before they go public, and you get access to premium content.
Re: READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) by Kenoquill: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
“She so small as a wolf even though she’s close to six feet in human form….” Someone laughed and the voiced continued “and to think she was born by the Beta….hmm, maybe she’s adopted”

“Omg Angie, you’ve got a crazy imagination” they continued to talk and tears pricked Elara's eyes.

The locker beside hers slammed shut, Elara jumped and turned to the intruder.........

TO READ MORE ABOUT ELARA, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
https://www.wattpad.com/story/352557859?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=kenoquill&wp_originator=3JLe9vtce1ymG15bcpbgpoX42yU4CA9mpi4YwJVD6kD2xMRFHJU08bbFj%2BRsfA62Gtq8NwJCSIifMqNZIenWg4kCdGuFCLtYWbyazwjZ4cYlwK7oDsTdAnmJu%2BlR%2Fn6N

Other chapters will be published

Enjoy!!
Re: READ INTERESTING STORIES (by Kenoquill) by Kenoquill: 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
TITLE: "FORLORN"

Episode 1

He stared at the darkness outside his window, the beating of his heart was almost a musical rhythm.

The reassurance of time set his heart at ease, Alec wondered if it was possible to buy time—he burst into a fit of laughter at his desperate thoughts.

He had been on an appointment with Dr.Johnson two months ago, but the discussion still felt very fresh to him.

"Alec, you need to take it easy on your body, the cancer it's growing and you need to comply for any treatments given to work!"

After he got his diagnosis about a year ago, Alec decided to live a little recklesslyy, but now he wondered if he had spent some of that time with his family instead.

He picked up his phone to call Emma, she told him never to speak to her again—he had been a horrible husband, but after three years he needed to hear her voice and see his son.

If she didn't want to see him maybe he could end it swiftly than live on borrowed time and pain.

The phone rang and a soft velvet voice came through it's speakers "Hello Alec, what do you want?"

"I'm sorry Emma, I just...." His voice broke.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Welcome lovely reader, I hope you enjoy Alec's story, it's going to be a wonderful journey with you. Shhh 🤫, NO SPOILERS.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Win The Caine Prize ? / Femme Lounge Women Magazine / Ghostwriting And Isbn/barcode For Your Books In Less Than 24 Hrs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.