Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Free Wi-fi: Edo Residents Hail Obaseki, Salute Commitment To Reposition State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Free Wi-fi: Edo Residents Hail Obaseki, Salute Commitment To Reposition State (300 Views)

60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT / Zenith Bank Restates Commitment To CSR, Unveils Christmas Decoration / Femi Otedola's $350 Million Investment In Geregu Power, Commitment To FG’s Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free Wi-fi: Edo Residents Hail Obaseki, Salute Commitment To Reposition State by Aisosa25: 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
Free Wi-Fi: Edo residents hail Obaseki, salute commitment to reposition State as nation’s tech, innovation hub

The recently launched free Wi-Fi service by the Governor Godwin Obaseki-led Edo State Government has received widespread acclaim from residents, who have tested and experienced its seamless connectivity firsthand, with the residents commending the governor’s commitment to repositioning the State as the country’s technology and innovation hub.

The free Wi-Fi initiative which is said to have exceeded the expectations of the residents was introduced to provide 24-hour internet access to workers across various Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs) as well as public places in the state, ensuring productivity and optimal service delivery, in the wake of the three-day weekly work schedule for civil and public servants as part of efforts to mitigate the impact of the fuel subsidy removal by the Federal Government.

The Wi-Fi system can accommodate nearly 1000 users simultaneously from each designated location (point of presence), covering an extensive range of 200 meters and 180 degrees from the point of presence.

The points of presence for the free Wi-Fi service include the School of Nursing, Limit Road/ Sapele Road; Pensions Bureau, Ring Road Roundabout; Victor Uwaifo Centre, Airport Road; Civil Service Commission, Sapele Road, and the John Odigie Oyegun Public Service Academy (JOOPSA), Central area Road/Igbinedion Road.

Speaking to journalists in Benin City, the residents commended Governor Obaseki for his commitment to expanding connectivity and promoting e-governance in the state, adding that with the planned expansion of the free Wi-Fi service, more individuals across the state will benefit, further solidifying Edo State's position as a hub of technological advancement and innovation.

A civil servant, Mr. Harrison Edokpolor, said “The introduction of the free Wi-Fi by Governor Obaseki is a game-changer for us civil servants. I can now work seamlessly from home on the days I’m not required at the office. The internet connectivity is excellent, allowing me to access work files and collaborate with colleagues effortlessly. Governor Obaseki deserves commendation for his forward-thinking approach to governance.”

Eseosa Akhigbe, a student of the Edo College of Nursing Sciences, noted that “I am immensely grateful to Governor Obaseki for the free Wi-Fi initiative. It has revolutionized our learning experience, allowing seamless access to online resources, virtual lectures, and collaboration with fellow students. Governor Obaseki's commitment to improving education and expanding the state’s digital economy is truly commendable, and we are fortunate to have such visionary leadership shaping our future."

Also, Mrs. Imade Osamudiamen, a businesswoman, added, “As an entrepreneur, reliable internet access is vital for my business operations. Governor Obaseki's free Wi-Fi initiative has transformed my ability to connect with suppliers, market my products online, and reach out to customers. I am grateful for this laudable initiative, which has significantly boosted my business productivity and growth prospects.”

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Facebook Ads To Reach Your Target Audience In Nigeria / Naira Appreciates Against US Dollar Amid CBN Intervention / Naira Rates Against The Usd, Gbp, Euro Today February 6, 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.