Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous (1017 Views)

Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" / FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed / Permission Taken From Police To Take Fayose To Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Generalmystic: 8:49am On Jun 17, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SO230a9orc

Pranksters Using Fake Or Real Guns For Skits Can Be Gunned Down, Nigeria Police Warn

June 16, 2023

According to the police, they will be made to face the wrath of the law for any harm their actions cause.

The Nigeria Police Force has warned pranksters to be ready to face the consequences of some of their pranks.

According to the police, they will be made to face the wrath of the law for any harm their actions cause.

The Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, who issued the warning on Thursday night said that the activities of the pranksters create more problems for the police on security management than what they (pranksters) gain from such pranks.

Adejobi said the personnel of the force operating across the country should not be blamed for killing an innocent person if by any chance they shoot any prankster seen with a gun – be it a dummy or a real one – as the person might be taken for an armed robber or criminal before confirming the kind of gun with them.

The Force spokesperson warned pranksters and skit makers to either regulate their pranks or stop such controversial ones completely to avoid victimization.

He said, “This is getting out of hand and we need to talk to ourselves on this pranks (sic). Most of you that do pranks must be very careful. Moderate what you do.

“There are things you do that will constitute offence and you will not be able to hold it because the law is not respecter of anybody. The law will not pity you. The law will not consider you for anything.

“Whatever it is, so far you are old enough to have criminal responsibility, you are going to face the music. You are to face the wrath of the law.

“So, beware the way you do pranks but not the way the thing is going now. No regulation, no decorum. You do it at will, the way you want, and it is creating more problem to us than what you think you are deriving from it.

“Can we please regulate or stop it in totality. Because I'm saying this so that we can call your attention to it perhaps you don't even know that this is becoming dangerous these days. Well, we are telling you now, it is becoming dangerous.

“If you are doing that pranks and you face the music, you run into the consequences of it is better than for you to put an innocent person into problem by the time you over do all these.

“Many innocent Nigerians that you always carry along in your pranks, you don't know anything, before you can tell them it is a prank, you are on camera, those who have hypertension at times will lose their lives.

“On majorly, some of you that go to the extent of carrying guns, either dummy, real or fake guns or whatever you call it, it is dangerous. You are exposing your lives to dangers. If I'm a policeman in the street and I see you with a gun, I wouldn't know it is a prank, I can even fire at any time.

“You won't go on blaming our men on operations that they have gunned down an innocent person. At that time, are you actually an innocent person or you are to be treated as an armed robber or criminal who is fully armed. Regulate this and if you cannot regulate it, stop doing pranks.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://saharareporters.com/2023/06/16/pranksters-using-fake-or-real-guns-skits-can-be-gunned-down-nigeria-police-warn&ved=2ahUKEwjkg_yO5sn_AhVGTsAKHRDwDcsQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1iKgc4fBfiyXu3pBq_rgfj

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Generalmystic: 8:50am On Jun 17, 2023
Personally I feel these pranks are becoming too dangerous

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by betiy: 8:50am On Jun 17, 2023
I don't just understand how Nigerian law enforcements think at times, must everything be "regulate", "regulate"? Is it only in this country that people do dangerous pranks? Any one that can't use his senses when doing pranks and end's up seriously hurting someone, I believe we already have laws in place to deal with such persons. Must everything be "regulate"? What exactly are you guys regulating? Is like the police have forgotten we already have laws in this country, anybody that kills or hurt someone in the name of prank will go to jail, simple..So I no know wetin Una wan regulate..

There have been incessant cult killings all over the country lately, regulate that...

We have Fulani herdsman killing and raping people all over the country, kidnappings and all others, Una no see those one's to regulate,
Na person wet dey pour people water they Una more important..

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by sleek214(m): 8:50am On Jun 17, 2023
It's time. It's really taking a dangerous twist

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Generalmystic: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2023
Pouring water to innocent passerbys.

Beating and hitting people.

Playing on people's emotional

These can be injurious to people's psych

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Tallesty1(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2023
Generalmystic:
Personally I feel these pranks are becoming too dangerous
They are not even funny

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by ObongBassey: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2023
This is timely. I do watch that Untouchable comedy, he doesn't care about peoples feeling

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by ObongBassey: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2023
betiy:
I don't just understand how Nigerian law enforcements think at times, must everything be "regulate", "regulate"? Is it only in this country that people do dangerous pranks? Any one that can't use his senses when doing pranks and end's up seriously hurting someone, I believe we already have laws in place to deal with such persons. Must everything be "regulate"? What exactly are you guys regulating? Is like the police have forgotten we already have laws in this country.
which laws regulates dangerous and injurious content creation?

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Generalmystic: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2023
Tallesty1:
They are not even funny
what's funny in pouring passerbys water?. It's not bro. I hope they try this shit with me someday and get their ass whooped really hard

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Generalmystic: 9:00am On Jun 17, 2023
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by savcy(m): 9:02am On Jun 17, 2023
It's hard not to notice the growing nuisance value of theses pranks. Some are just too uncivil and disturbs public peace. Trust Nigerians to go overboard when doing things.

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by ObongBassey: 9:04am On Jun 17, 2023
savcy:
It's hard not to observe the growing nuisance value of theses pranks. Some are just too uncivil and disturbs public peace. Trust Nigerians to go overboard when doing things.
I'm of the view that civility should be brought into content creation. Some of them are just annoying
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Beremx(f): 9:05am On Jun 17, 2023
The guy wearing white in the pictures, I hate his pranks with passion. His own pranks are too extreme and not funny. The idiot should be banned .

Nonsense

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by baralatie(m): 9:07am On Jun 17, 2023
Never liked prank videos

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Ihateheadslamer: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2023
3 days ago some people alighted from a car carrying a dead female body and drop the body on the floor and started jumping around her dead body everyone thought it was pranks but later turned out to be ritualists after they zoom off sad
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by kernniejay(m): 9:09am On Jun 17, 2023
This is a welcome development but hope it will not be an excuse for trigger-happy policemen for their blood-thirsty ambition.
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by BATified2023: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2023
Me n my guys dey wait that trinity guy to come our side so we go beat d hell out of d fool

Imagine making an old woman cry all in d name of prank, the woman was crying profusely n I dey vex….like seriously if person do that to my mama I will do bad oo

Same guy does annoying things, I know they will mess up pranking that people will rise against them like endsars

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by BATified2023: 9:14am On Jun 17, 2023
betiy:
I don't just understand how Nigerian law enforcements think at times, must everything be "regulate", "regulate"? Is it only in this country that people do dangerous pranks? Any one that can't use his senses when doing pranks and end's up seriously hurting someone, I believe we already have laws in place to deal with such persons. Must everything be "regulate"? What exactly are you guys regulating? Is like the police have forgotten we already have laws in this country, anybody that kills or hurt someone in the name of prank will go to jail, simple..So I no know wetin Una wan regulate..

There have been incessant cult killings all over the country lately, regulate that...

We have Fulani herdsman killing and raping people all over the country, kidnappings and all others, Una no see those one's to regulate,
it’s obvious u don’t know anything

Many people are hiding under prank to do stupid things, imagine lately I saw a video where some guys dropped a girl from a car n they were recording here, people thought it was a prank till they left n the girl later died on that spot

Imagine people doing rituals live during the day n they call it prank

Check their annoying stuffs online, imagine pouring flour on someone’s cloth n calling it prank n many annoying things they do

Person dey bath soap for middle or road for broad daylight n they call it prank, only if u know shits many people do n they tag it prank

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by BATified2023: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2023
ObongBassey:
This is timely. I do watch that Untouchable comedy, he doesn't care about peoples feeling
God bless u

He’s so empty n dry, the only thing they talk in his shit is money

Do stupid things n give them money, if not because of d poverty level in Nigeria d guy go don enter am
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by betiy: 9:22am On Jun 17, 2023
BATified2023:
it’s obvious u don’t know anything

Many people are hiding under prank to do stupid things, imagine lately I saw a video where some guys dropped a girl from a car n they were recording here, people thought it was a prank till they left n the girl later died on that spot
Mehnn shut up, it's you that doesn't know what you're saying. So because of that they should regulate pranks? I don't blame you anyway, you think like the average Nigerian you are.... They should also regulate use of cutlass, because criminals can pretend to be going to their farm when they are instead going to murder someone with it. Or they should also regulate usage of cars too because criminals can pretend to be drivers whereas they are kidnappers and ritualists, you see how that sounds?
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by betiy: 9:24am On Jun 17, 2023
Generalmystic:
Cc Lalasticlala
he is no longer a moderator

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by RingRoadMafia: 9:29am On Jun 17, 2023
Especially that guy wearing white jalamia, Trinity boy or whatever his name is. Na him own worst pass.
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by madridguy(m): 9:32am On Jun 17, 2023
I just want the government and the police to make it illegal and criminal offence pranking innocent people.

I saw one on facebook months ago pranking mothers of over 50 years upward threatning to bite them and infect them with madness, come and see how innocent mothers were running. Infact, there's a particular mama like that I'm sure the woman is battling with HBP with the way she is breathing after the whole madness.

I am sure very soon Nigerians will result to jungle justice against them because I can't believe pouring people to work, appointment water and call it comedy skit.

Hire crew, cast and make whatever you want and stop using peoples health, mental balance for skit to enrich yourself.

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Goldensword: 9:40am On Jun 17, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
3 days ago some people alighted from a car carrying a dead female body and drop the body on the floor and started jumping around her dead body everyone thought it was pranks but later turned out to be ritualists after they zoom off sad

That said video was also a prank as well, because they letter released a video when they were preparing for the prank, but personally i hate such types of extreme pranks, it doesn't make sense at all.
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by adekolaelect(m): 9:41am On Jun 17, 2023
betiy:
Mehnn shut up, it's you that doesn't know what you're saying. So because of that they should regulate pranks? I don't blame you anyway, you think like the average Nigerian you are.... They should also regulate use of cutlass, because criminals can pretend to be going to their farm when they are instead going to murder someone with it. Or they should also regulate usage of cars too because criminals can pretend to be drivers whereas they are kidnappers and ritualists, you see how that sounds?
Oga you don't know it all . Your argument is fallacy . You can dicide to do nonsense bcs it is your choice but the government is there to deal with you and regulate people activities in the public. You play pranks on someone who has health challenges and the person eventually died what will you call that? Oga it is the responsibility of government to regulate public s activities.

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Supremos: 9:47am On Jun 17, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
Especially that guy wearing white jalamia, Trinity boy or whatever his name is. Na him own worst pass.
That guy is a case. I don't like how he harasses people

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Supremos: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2023
adekolaelect:
Oga you don't know it all . Your argument is fallacy . You can dicide to do nonsense bcs it is your choice but the government is there to deal with you and regulate people activities in the public. You play pranks on someone who has health challenges and the person eventually died what will you call that? Oga it is the responsibility of government to regulate public s activities.
I agree with you. Lots of people suffering high blood pressure, they're still playing on them.

There's this other guy that's always on black suit and has dreadlocks. He usually rush to restaurants and bars, and scare them. You could watch elderly people struggling to run. It's not funny. It's annoying. I wouldn't wish anyone try that on any of my aged relatives.

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Supremos: 9:53am On Jun 17, 2023
Beremx:
The guy wearing white in the pictures, I hate his pranks with passion. His own pranks are too extreme and not funny. The idiot should be banned .

Nonsense
I always get offended at every bit of his pranks. He loves molesting women.

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Supremos: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2023
Goldensword:

That said video was also a prank as well, because they letter released a video when they were preparing for the prank, but personally i hate such types of extreme pranks, it doesn't make sense at all.
Now we don't even know when people are doing pranks or committing crime

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Supremos: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2023
madridguy:
I just want the government and the police to make it illegal and criminal offence pranking innocent people.

I saw one on facebook months ago pranking mothers of over 50 years upward threatning to bite them and infect them with madness, come and see how innocent mothers were running. Infact, there's a particular mama like that I'm sure the woman is battling with HBP with the way she is breathing after the whole madness.

I am sure very soon Nigerians will result to jungle justice against them because I can't believe pouring people to work, appointment water and call it comedy skit.

Hire crew, cast and make whatever you want and stop using peoples health, mental balance for skit to enrich yourself.
This is heartbreaking. What if any of those women dies of heart attack?. angry Honestly it's no longer funny. I support Tinubu and Nigerian police to regulate this

Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Generalmystic: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2023
betiy:
he is no longer a moderator
Really.

Cc Nlfmod. Cc Dominique Cc OAM4J
Re: Nigerian Police To Regulate Prank Contents Soon, As It's Becoming Dangerous by Senioreddy: 10:02am On Jun 17, 2023
betiy:

You really don't know understand the dangers associated with these pranks do you?
You carry out a dangerous prank on a person with BP, before you end telling the person it's a prank, the person is already dead that's when you'll understand.

The one I hate most is that poor content creator pouring people water.

If You Hate Corruption, Answer THIS Question Let Me Check Something / His Career Just Ended Up Like That / Tinubu: Mmesoma Ejikeme Also Attended Her School But Presented A Forged Result.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61