Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George (445 Views)

Lobbying For Appointments In Tinubu’s Presidency Begins / Anambra: Charles Soludo Calls For Applications For Appointments / Take A Look At Federal Appointments Under Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by yashau(m): 11:41am On Jun 17, 2023
George, a staunch critic of Tinubu who recently “made up” with the president, told PUNCH in an interview that he ended his rift with the President, not for appointment, but for peace to reign, and in deference to those who intervened in the matter, at the behest of Tinubu.

A former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Olabode George, has said that he is not looking for appointment under President Bola Tinubu, but he can recommend people to work for him.
George, a staunch critic of Tinubu who recently “made up” with the president, told PUNCH in an interview that he ended his rift with the President, not for appointment, but for peace to reign, and in deference to those who intervened in the matter, at the behest of Tinubu.
He stressed that after some senior indigenes of Lagos State and a delegation from the All Progressives Congress visited him to end the longstanding dispute and solicited his support for the Tinubu government, noting that he could never have desired anything more at his age.
He stated, “On this, people are only talking rubbish and they need to shut up. This man (Tinubu) is just starting and we said my party was still in court. They said we should let bygones be bygones. In the Bible, it is very clear that vengeance is only with God Almighty and you don’t continue fighting when everybody has persuaded you that it’s enough.
“All those saying I want an appointment don’t know what they are saying. What exactly do they want to happen to the young ones coming up? I said I have forgiven him. We had an issue and people settled it for us and I have forgotten about it.”
Asked whether or not he would accept an appointment from the government if offered, he stated, “I will give him people that have the knowledge from the party having been a manager of the party for years. If he says he wants me to help him get someone, there are millions of young people who still have all the energy to run around and not me.
“It is not for me, because I am not looking for a job. But if he calls me, we will discuss it before the party leaders, put heads together and nominate from our side somebody who is still young, agile, has the knowledge and can add value to this country.”
He said he could not congratulate or visit Tinubu at the villa while his party, the PDP, was still in court challenging the outcome of the presidential election. This, he said, would amount to betrayal of his party.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/06/17/im-not-looking-appointments-under-tinubu-i-can-nominate-people-pdp-chieftain-bode-george

Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by yashau(m): 11:42am On Jun 17, 2023
smileyAgbaya Alatenuje Smh🙄

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by RAND250: 11:43am On Jun 17, 2023
Lol
Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 17, 2023
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Age≠ wisdom
Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by Belafonte(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
Politics suppose be like InterHouse sport but some people think say na Inter Cult clash grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by yarimo(m): 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
BODE GOERGE you must relocate to Ghana as you promise you like it or not. Appointment ko prison ni

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by citygarden(m): 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2023
Baba is saying congratulating Tinubu is anti party while case still in court but he can back a labour party against his party candidate, so that too is not anti party right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by DeAdvokate(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
Baba eyes don clear

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by Monzze: 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
Nominate who for which position? Be like old age don dey worry this man He should save his face and relocate as he's promised.
Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by Afamed: 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lol. This Old man ehhh

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Looking For Appointments Under PBAT But I Can Nominate – Bode George by Obaaderemi2: 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
These old men no get shame. But then that's how they've remained rich and influential for decades. They have loyalty only for their stomachs. I don't blame them o.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari's Appointee Worked With PDP In Elections In Osun - PDP Chieftain / IPOB, ESN, UGM, Etc Please Let The Poor And Innocent Among You Breathe. / Your Apointee Today Is Same Man You Called"a Thief"3 Yearsago-pdp To Kwara Gov't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.