Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms (555 Views)

Innoson Chukwuma Gifts Rev. Jonas Benson Okoye G80 (2023 Model) - Pictures / Help...my RX300 Doesn't Rev Above 2200rpm With Trac Off / Running AC In Your Car Doesn't Use Additional β›½ Fuel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by thowbie7ven(m): 9:56am On Jun 18, 2023
Hello Friends, i recently changed my gearbox coz the former was faulty and after a week usage, i noticed my car doesn't rev past 4,000 RPMs. Though the gear selects very fine without issues or hassles but just this issue so it got me worried if it's the gear itself that has issues or probably any other underlying mechanical or electrical issue.

I contacted the seller and he said it might just be an electrical fault and he's gonna look into it but i'm just curious to throw this to the nairaland family. Is it an issue to be worried about and is it something that can be fixed.

Please i'll appreciate professional comments and advices as regards this issue.

Thanks you πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by Ireportlive: 10:11am On Jun 18, 2023
Why not scan your car
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by lionphil(m): 11:04am On Jun 18, 2023
thowbie7ven:
Hello Friends, i recently changed my gearbox coz the former was faulty and after a week usage, i noticed my car doesn't rev past 4,000 RPMs. Though the gear selects very fine without issues or hassles but just this issue so it got me worried if it's the gear itself that has issues or probably any other underlying mechanical or electrical issue.

I contacted the seller and he said it might just be an electrical fault and he's gonna look into it but i'm just curious to throw this to the nairaland family. Is it an issue to be worried about and is it something that can be fixed.

Thanks you πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Happened to a friend... likely a sensor or fuse issue
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by chukel(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2023
Why will you want a car to rev beyond 4000rpm? At what gear are you expecting a rev beyond 4000. Where are you racing to?🎡🎡wahala you de find, wahala you go get o🎢

3 Likes

Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by boldx(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Why on earth will you get your car to rev up to 4000 rpm? Do you race up to 200km/hr?

1 Like

Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by Yhemzie(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2023
thowbie7ven:

Thanks you πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Well, I would like to know the kind of car you're using. If you're using a high performance car of 500Hp and above, then you should be worried of your rev not passing 4k RPMs, but if it's the regular car with hp range of 139-250hp, I think your rev doesn't have a business in 4k RPMs mark, 2-3k RPMs is the optimum rev. Anything above that, you're driving to kill yourself.
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by MrHighSea: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
chukel:
Why will you want a car to rev beyond 4000rpm? At what gear are you expecting a rev beyond 4000. Where are you racing to?
Small engine cars revs at average if 3500rpm
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by chukel(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
Yhemzie:

Well, I would like to know the kind of car you're using. If you're using a high performance car of 500Hp and above, then you should be worried of your rev not passing 4k RPMs, but if it's the regular car with hp range of 139-250hp, I think your rev doesn't have a business in 4k RPMs mark, 2-3k RPMs is the optimum rev. Anything above that, you're driving to kill yourself.
e no pass toyota corolla
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by thowbie7ven(m): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
Yhemzie:

It's actually a Toyota Corolla....yeah i know one won't even get 4k RPMs on 95% of our roads here asides expressway sha...but yunno i was just skeptical coz i ve done 5k RPMs on the highway so i was just like let me feel this new transmission alas i noticed it won't rev pass 4k RPMs
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by thowbie7ven(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
chukel:
Why will you want a car to rev beyond 4000rpm? At what gear are you expecting a rev beyond 4000. Where are you racing to?🎡🎡wahala you de find, wahala you go get o🎢
I know bro...you can't even get a 3k rpm in most of these our roads asides while traveling via the expressway but i was just curious since it's a newly changed transmission coz i was thinking probably it might be the transmission hence why i brought it here on Nairaland
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by chukel(m): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
thowbie7ven:
It's actually a Toyota Corolla....yeah i know one won't even get 4k RPMs on 95% of our roads here asides expressway sha...but yunno i was just skeptical coz i ve done 5k RPMs on the highway so i was just like let me feel this new transmission alas i noticed it won't rev pass 4k RPMs
lol. I'm sure the 5k rpm was on the bad transmission
Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by Yhemzie(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
thowbie7ven:

Sir, your transmission is working fine, don't create problem for your 1.8L 4cyl 139hp corolla.

3 Likes

Re: My Car Doesn't Rev Past 4,000 Rpms by Kingdemu: 4:49am On Jun 19, 2023
thowbie7ven:
grin

(1) (Reply)

Acura Mdx / My Corolla 2006 Delivers 32.48mpg Is It Ok? / Governments Long Term Plan For Imports And Auto Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.