Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Purchasing Officer Recruitment! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Purchasing Officer Recruitment! (398 Views)

Front Desk Officer Recruitment In A Leading Commercial Bank / Vitafoam Nigeria HR Support Officer Recruitment 2018 / Customer Service Officer Recruitment At Germaine Auto Centre, Lekki, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purchasing Officer Recruitment! by leellaah(f): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2023
Job Description
We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to buy products that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. You will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
Purchasing Officer responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
Ultimately, you’ll create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.

Responsibilities
Research potential vendors
Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
Track orders and ensure timely delivery
Review quality of purchased products
Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends

Job skills and qualifications
Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or Storekeeper
Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
Hands-on experience with purchasing Microsoft Office suite
Understanding of supply chain procedures
Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
Negotiation skills
BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field

Location- Stadium road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Salary- N50,000
To Apply, send CV to alrecruitment11@gmail.com using the role as the subject of the mail.

Note: It's important that the candidate has a background in accounting.
Re: Purchasing Officer Recruitment! by Ajens1991: 11:55am On Jun 18, 2023
After all these many many JD wey you write here, Na 50k be salary?
Tell me why una get workers at all?
Cos they will end up stealing from the company.

4 Likes

Re: Purchasing Officer Recruitment! by Godlyman112: 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
When I saw the job descrption and qualification, I taught the salary is going to be 300k or above that. Not even a dispatch rider in lagos collects 50k. And cost of living in port hacourt is also very high. People are wicked

3 Likes

Re: Purchasing Officer Recruitment! by westlius(m): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
The person will have knowledge of a Purchaser/Store keeper/Accountant for 50k salary
Transportation now in PH is 150 for a very short journey.
Food has increased
One room now pays 2,500 monthly for electricity.
And I believe ona want graduate to work this work
Re: Purchasing Officer Recruitment! by Godlyman112: 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
westlius:
The person will have knowledge of a Purchaser/Store keeper/Accountant for 50k salary
Transportation now in PH is 150 for a very short journey.
Food has increased
One room now pays 2,500 monthly for electricity.
And I believe ona want graduate to work this work
the idiot clearly state it there Bsc logistics, business administration or equivalent. I wonder what is going on in his/her mind.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pick One And Lets Put You Through / We Are Hiring / Apply Immediately For Cruise Ship Housekeeping Jobs At SEABOURN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.