Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG (15925 Views)

Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit / Fuel Subsidy: Labour Fumes As IMF Warns FG Against Fresh Borrowings / Labour Threatens Strike Over New Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Exceed15: 9:29am On Jun 19, 2023
The Truth is it will soon be beyond NLC. The people feeling the unbearable suffering will massively go to street soon. Industrial court can't do anything at that level. Return to old price or provide cushion effect, simple!.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Adeolajude(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2023
Sorry please what is Labour Union? Are they a football team or a comedy skit maker. Someone should please clarify me.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Blackdisciple(m): 9:38am On Jun 19, 2023
Lolzzzz
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by SIONKPO1(m): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2023
Depriest2020:
NLC should forget about strike, we're already adapting. But FG should pay 200k minimum wage. If FG can pay subsidy cabals 40 billion naira daily for fuel, they can easily pay 200k minimum wage.
What about the Cleaners and Security's will they also earn #200k
Covert should pay subsidy for 3months then give import license to many interested parties and also make invest in Transport Business,so that the private Transporter and NURTW don't rip off off commuters which may cause increase in goods and services.
NOte :all these can be achieved in less than 2months
How many states is paying #33k minimum wage
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by SIONKPO1(m): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2023
Adeolajude:
Sorry please what is Labour Union? Are they a football team or a comedy skit maker. Someone should please clarify me.
I now know why they say that Yoruba's are very tribalistic.
Most Yoruba's are supporting BAT every policies because he is their brother but they should know that the hardship will befall every Nigerian.
BAT should put in place things to cusson the Effect and make the oil market a perfectly Competitive one
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Depriest2020: 10:23am On Jun 19, 2023
bitbillionaire:

Do us a favour sir. [/b]Tell us the total number of workers we have in Nigeria (let's limit it to Federal Government workers) then multiply the figure by 200k let's check something.[b]

By the way, back to NLC's threat of going on strike, I hope the so called NLC is aware Nigerians no longer take them seriously any more
FG has about 720,000 workers. If you multiply it by 200k that should be about 140billion naira. With those that will earn higher than 200k/m let's say all 400billion monthly salary. It's still far lesser than 40billion daily × 30days in a month, which is about 1.2 trillion naira.

It's even better to pay 720,000 people 1.2 trillion a month than pay it to about 100 subsidy cabals.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Depriest2020: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2023
Kion:
abeg shut ur smelly mouth up nigga
No be only 200k
Come chop 50k make I see angry
Have we had problems before? Hope you're not from that tribe that can't make comments/contribution without insult?
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Depriest2020: 10:31am On Jun 19, 2023
kay29000:

I think 150k minimum wage is more feasible.
Still fair enough.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by bitbillionaire: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2023
Depriest2020:

FG has about 720,000 workers. If you multiply it by 200k that should be about 140billion naira. With those that will earn higher than 200k/m let's say all 400billion monthly salary. It's still far lesser than 40billion daily × 30days in a month, which is about 1.2 trillion naira.

It's even better to pay 720,000 people 1.2 trillion a month than pay it to about 100 subsidy cabals.

Okay. Tinubu take note
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by hafeeanubasy: 10:34am On Jun 19, 2023
Angelfrost:

1. Put forth a bill protecting workers rights in both private and public organization! This will compel Private practices to replicate everything FG is doing for their workers.

2. Sequel to the above, there should be reduced working days for all workers especially those earning less. Most can be converted to remote or hybrid.

3. Extend resumption of schools this coming academic session.

4. Release mass buses for workers in public and private. You get in with an ID.

Of course, these ought to have been put in place before removing the subsidy!
Number 1 will create investor friendly environment. Each company should be at liberty to fix their salary base on their incomr. Your special advisers and ministers will strongly advice you against it.ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE

Number 2 is a bit workable but still not investor friendly

Number 3 is not necessary

Number 4 can be easily done!
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by silaswills01(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2023
I don't know why NLC didn't for this strike
The new government has made life hell
Less than 1 month in power
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Depriest2020: 10:35am On Jun 19, 2023
lizko:
Is not possible in Nigeria, not even in this generation of politians.
It's possible dear, all it takes is to use the subsidies money add it to worker's salaries.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Kion: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2023
Depriest2020:

Have we had problems before? Hope you're not from that tribe that can't make comments/contribution without insult?
yes yoruba grin
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by ConfidentialDoc: 10:59am On Jun 19, 2023
Gbogbowa:
Trust NLC at your own perils.when it's time nobody will tell you to go on strike,you are still standing on Tinubu Mandate you will also stand on his suffering

NLC seems compromised already
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by TheMostComplex1: 11:00am On Jun 19, 2023
PerfectJUSTICE:
Nothing will come out of it as usual. Labor has been compromised.

Exactly foolish labour. They are waiting for their accounts to do gbagam
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Angelfrost(m): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

Number 1 will create investor friendly environment. Each company should be at liberty to fix their salary base on their incomr. Your special advisers and ministers will strongly advice you against it.ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE

Number 2 is a bit workable but still not investor friendly

Number 3 is not necessary

Number 4 can be easily done!

You are not seeing the reality!

When schools are not in session, parents will spend less on transporting their kids to schools.

The rest are simply to mitigate impact on the citizens!

You can't kill the poor to sustain the rich! You extract from the rich to sustain the poor!!
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by komzy589(m): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2023
alizma:
They have collected money from oil marketers but they will fail. For the fact that Nigerians now know that they have being paying for fuel sent to Benin republic, Cameron, Niger etc, we won't support any nonsense called fuel subsidy again.
What is wrong with you?
You want to remove fuel subsidy and not put cushion measures in place?
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by komzy589(m): 11:31am On Jun 19, 2023
Greatex90:
NLC is anti-government
And And Anti-Tinubu
So anyone telling the President to provide palliatives that will ease the suffering as a result of subsidy removal is anti Tinubu!
See what you people have turn to 🤦‍♂️
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Mamci: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2023
I have put cushion measures for myself
I'm not waiting for any union or government to do it for me
I have packed my car for good with the battery head removed.
Walking is the best form of exercise and I'm enjoying it,infact I take longer routes.
I hated driving, still do.
Hubby had to force me to learn driving about 14 years ago.
It has not been funny driving for years,it stresses me out,only get relief when the kids are on holiday.
Tinubu and NLC can do as they please
It has nothing to do with me
Shikina.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by wealth2al(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2023
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
Which strike... When they were supposed to go, they didn't... Is it now that everybody has adjusted that they're now complaining?

Abeg, we don pass that stage

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by lizko(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
No politician will try that, all the will do is creat something equivalent to npower, surep, student loan, U win, ferma,pellative, agric loans allocate uncountable funds to the angencies which will be pleasant in the eye of people and midia and later follow through the back door and embezzle it.
Depriest2020:

It's possible dear, all it takes is to use the subsidies money add it to worker's salaries.
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Acidosis(m): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ishilove:

Demand increase in the private sector? It's like you don't live in Nigeria

Very funny
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by hafeeanubasy: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Angelfrost:

You are not seeing the reality!

When schools are not in session, parents will spend less on transporting their kids to schools.

The rest are simply to mitigate impact on the citizens!

You can't kill the poor to sustain the rich! You extract from the rich to sustain the poor!!
You will become a leader one day.

Many things are easier said than done!
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by Angelfrost(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

You will become a leader one day.

Many things are easier said than done!

True... Things are easier said than done.

However, that's why governance is not a solo effort, neither is it done in isolation!

Labor leaders know more than we do about the intricacies and limitations of the current President... That's why they consult very well before making demands!

What they are asking for is not impossible!

If you want the citizens to bear with you, you all at the top must be ready to face inconveniences and cutbacks too! You can't stay at the top living large and going about business as usual but demand that citizens suffer inconveniences!
Re: Subsidy: Labour Threatens Strike, Resumes Talks With FG by cenaman(m): 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Isobug:

Toothless entity because a yeriba man is at the helm. When you people were carrying placards and were occupying the whole Nigeria with the same toothless entity on the same issue, they were not toothless entity then.
Double standard people. Very self centered people
undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Never Slapped My Deputy − El-rufai / Arinzechukwu Awogu Flays Obi Over Utterances Against Ndigbo / Retreat Of PDP National Leaders And State Party Chairmen (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.