Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments (2183 Views)

Late Deborah Samuel's Siblings Registered In New School (Photos) / Photos Of Late Deborah Samuel's Parents / Insecurity: Buratai A Political Soldier, Can’t Be Relied Upon – Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Kingdemu: 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
We Relied a Lot on Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments Months After OPM’s Pastor Moved Them to PH

June 19, 2023 at 2:03 PM by Victor Duru

Contrary to what was made public by Omega Power Ministries (OPM), the family of the late Deborah Samuel has cried out that they are suffering in Port Harcourt. While appreciating the church's founder, Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere, for relocating them, the family lamented that their house rent had expired. They shed more light on the supposed free house, new car and other nice things OPM made people believe they were enjoying.

The family of the late Deborah Samuel has cried out that they need assistance as things are not rosy for them in Port Harcourt. Recall that in May 2022, Omega Power Ministries (OPM)'s founder, Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere, promised to relocate the family to Port Harcourt after their daughter, the late Deborah Samuel, was lynched by her schoolmates on May 12, 2022. Late Deborah's family says their house rent has expired. Photo Credit: FIJ Source: UGC In a Facebook post that blew up 11 months ago, Apostle Chinyere offered them a new life. READ ALSO Another Nigerian man schooling in Turkey speaks on OPM pastor, slams Happie Boys in video He promised to place them in one of OPM's free estates where they won't have to pay rent forever, among other things he offered.

The post made on May 15, 2022, reads: "I just watched a video clip where the parents of Deborah Samuel said they will not be sending there children to school again. GOD FORBID. "Anyone with there contacts should inform them immediately that I Apostle chibuzor chinyere the general overseas of OPM Church is relocating them to port harcourt. "They would be staying in one of the OPM free estates were they will never pay rent forever. "All there children are given automatic scholarship in OPM Free schools. "I will get the father a job and I also open a shop for the mother. "Please get in touch with them immediately. "God bless you.

Late Deborah's family do not live in a free apartment as OPM promised.
However, Foundation for Investigative Journalism (FIJ) recently visited Deborah's family in Port Harcourt and discovered that the reverse was the case. In a detailed report, FIJ spoke with Deborah's parents and learnt that the apartment was not free of charge. “From time to time, the OPM leader used to call to check on us. He paid the rent. Right now, the rent for this apartment has expired. The landlord has told us to renew the rent or leave. “All the appliances and the equipment in this apartment belong to OPM, we don’t own it,'' late Deborah's dad said. FIJ also learnt that OPM paid for a year's rent, and their rent expired in May 2023. Legit.ng also gathered that the landlord was harassing Deborah's family for rent renewal, not OPM.

Deborah's father jobless
As regards the new car that was promised, FIJ found out it was a second-hand car that had seen better years and was now abandoned due to faults. Deborah's dad, Emmanuel, said: “The first time we got here, OPM got me a car. It was a Toyota Corolla, but it wasn’t new. It was a fairly used vehicle and the car has developed some faults. "I was using it as a taxi before but it has some challenges and I have parked it. The first time OPM brought us to Port Harcourt they brought food items to us. After that first time, we have been struggling on our own. "Right from the day OPM gave me this car, the car has been developing faults. On the first day I tried to take my children to school the car broke down on its way back. We towed the car back.

They sent two of their kids back to the village
The man cried out that he needed a job as they had to let two of their oldest children return to their village so they could cater for the remaining four kids. While Emmanuel's four kids attend OPM Free School, his wife Alheri's shop handed to her by OPM was empty, FIJ confirmed. The family further lamented that they had been left alone. “I really wanted to return to Niger State because there is no support here. It isn’t about money, no member of OPM comes here to pay us a visit. Since we’ve been in Port Harcourt, none of OPM’s members cared enough to visit us here. While we were in Niger we were surrounded by loved ones and Christians from different churches. “We just leave everything in the hands of God. I thank everyone who has tried to help us...," Alheri, late Deborah's mum said.

https://www.legit.ng/people/1540087-relied-a-lot-garri-late-deborah-samuels-family-lament-months-opms-pastor-moved-ph/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by SpartaOfLagos: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
Seems the OPM man is not a truthful person

9 Likes

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by abobote: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
I'm not a fan of this OPM man, and his eyes service philanthropies.
Is he involved in something else we do not know, or is it from the ministry he is getting all the money he is throwing here and there.

You can help people with jobs to help themselves, without all these unrealistic luxury

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Coolsat(m): 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
grin grin grin Naija pastors I hail una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by akakurukukaku(m): 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
This is a very serious allegation against the OPM pastor
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by ManWater: 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
The OPM Pastor should not relent on his philanthropic gestures, but he should cut down the publicity.
Even the Master told most people he healed, not to tell anyone.
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Kingdemu: 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
Too much rush for publicity and seeking social media validation is the bane of the OPM man of God. He has good intentions but his love for publicity makes him to dabble into many different things at a time without adequate planning. He doesn't see beyond the applause of that very moment.

6 Likes

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by OneCandleAway(f): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
He should have just supported the family in their state, instead of bringing them to port Harcourt. How will the mother run a successful restaurant to the level port Harcourt residents will be interested in? Especially as a non indigene and didn't grow up there? Her style of cooking might not interest the people in that area.

How will the family cope uprooting them from the culture they are used to in the north to living in port Harcourt. If at all they were to relocate, it should have been to abuja environs, maybe suleja, maraba/masaka or abuja and help them start a business there. They money used for purchasing the second hand car would have started a good business for the father.

8 Likes

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by OneCandleAway(f): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
Kingdemu:
Too much rush for publicity and seeking social media validation is the bane of the OPM man of God. He has good intentions but his love for publicity makes him to dabble into many different things at a time without adequate planning. He doesn't see beyond the applause of that very moment.

Or maybe it's even the people working for the pastor that are duping the people that are supposed to be helped. You know most Nigerians are out to rip anyone. Though the pastor too, his clout chasing is too much. He should just relax. Send these people back to the north and establish them, they can get a northern ECWA or COCIN church to help supervise them till they are self sustainable.

8 Likes

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by ThinkSmarter: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
People are feeling woke and speaking up.
The day the trend will reach to rape victims speaking up, it will be devastating to many prominent people.

4 Likes

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Scarrr: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
Na Dem Online billionaire ppl...not surprised , den full here too, always measuring their flaccid dick😂

, no member of OPM comes here to pay us a visit. Since we’ve been in Port Harcourt, none of OPM’s members cared enough to visit us here.
this part is really sad.. laslas everybody na hypocrite, people don't really care about u, all the love , concern and shout for justice is nothing but online noise.. clout🤔

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Cantonese: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by jlinkd78(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
Following

1 Like

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by SmartPolician: 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
I like it when the media houses do investigative journalism.

However, "uncovering the truth" and not making efforts to hear from the other party sends the signal that the reporter has an ulterior motive.

So, it's unprofessional and uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by BadMaster: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
Wahala wahala wahala 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Jackson619007: 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Most pastors rely on taking they never give out, fake in nature camouflaging in God's name.

1 Like

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by LibertyRep: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
FIJ should at least reach out to OPM before running the story.

But then, it's the season of OPM bashing.
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by yarimo(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
and he is one of the prophet peter OBI believe in him grin grin grin grin
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Saao(m): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
I relied in garri in my house as well, so what?
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by gidjah(m): 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
OneCandleAway:
He should have just supported the family in their state, instead of bringing them to port Harcourt. How will the mother run a successful restaurant to the level port Harcourt residents will be interested in?

How will the family cope uprooting them from the culture they are used to in the north to living in port Harcourt. If at all they were to relocate, it should have been to abuja environs, maybe suleja, maraba/masaka or abuja and help them start a business there. They money used for purchasing the second hand car would have started a good business for the father.
yes o my dear,you got into my mind and let this all out Once you have been used to nother style of living ,u will likely 95%not be able to cope down south. They won't be able to cope in port for God sake.je tried though getting the four kids into school free and assisting the father with a used car ain't a bad project but to cope with such a fairly used down graded car in the city of port haaaa requires a lot .if it were to be in this places u mentioned ,he would have been able to cope.Restaurant business in port is very expensive to run if you do not start with high end capital (not even when u are not a long term indegene of that axis)you will go into depression.Theaa should be contacted and let him review his gestures.I do not expect him to be negatively criticized...he has tried ,how many out there came to the aid of this people till date ?

1 Like

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Racoon(m): 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
Do charity with a complete heart if God lays it in your heart to do it and not for showmanship. If this is true, then the OPM pastor didn't do it well.
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by gidjah(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
[quote author=OneCandleAway post=123900392]

Or maybe it's even the people working for the pastor that are duping the people that are supposed to be helped. You know most Nigerians are out to rip anyone.youbgot this one partly correctly.BUT THE OTHER ONE NO BE HIM AT ALL ! ITS LIKELY THERE ARE SABBOTAGE HERE AND THERE .I got to know those boys case outside the county had the hands of saboteur.The woman Handler or portal as called has been shortchanging the boys with funds ever since she has been handling the boys case.any ways sha ,Real investigations need be conducted over this acute weaknesses
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by smileyoo: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
The OPM pastor, at least have a good heart to help people, but he ought to learn how to do so within his capacity, and avoid much publicity.
God will always love and reward a cheerful giver.
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by alasane: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
Using people misfortune to cruise
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by sukar886: 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
Then call them n help them
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by sukar886: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
This man should stop helping people, human beings are ungrateful
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Seefinish: 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
The useless media house never investigated what happened to people who killed Deborah and where are them? Their interest is OPM pastor. As far as I can concerned, the OPM pastor has fulfilled his pledge but Deborah's parents are lazy and ungrateful human being

2 Likes

Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Nadingo: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
E be things cry
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Nadingo: 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
ThinkSmarter:
The day the trend will reach to rape victims speaking up, it will be devastating to many prominent people.
No be lie
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by ticker(m): 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
grin
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Ejebleje: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
This open philanthropy by the opm man is definitely a bait for something bigger. Time will tell
Re: We Relied A Lot On Garri”: Late Deborah Samuel’s Family Laments by Maazieze(m): 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
ThinkSmarter:

Are you implying thats a bad thing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do We Need to Maintain Huge External Reserves? / Godsday Orubebe And Tony Uranta Are They Jonathan House Boyz Or Minister / Court Remands UNPD Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.