Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians (4226 Views)

Senate Passes Bill Allowing Electronic Transmission Of INEC Results / FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers / Hakeem Odumosu: Police Have No Right To Search Phones, Arrest For Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by IGNigintLtd(m): 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
Senate Approved Bill for DSS To Search Phones of Young Nigerians Without Court Order

In a move that has sparked outrage among civil liberties advocates and young Nigerians, the Nigerian Senate has approved a bill that empowers the Department of State Services (DSS) to search electronic devices, including mobile phones and laptops, belonging to citizens without a court order. The legislation passed its second reading on October 27, 2020 and was approved by the Senate on June 19th 2023. Supporters of the bill argue that it will help to combat cybercrime and terrorism, while opponents say that it violates citizens' rights to privacy and democratic principles. The bill was sent to the House of Representatives it was passed to the Senate by former President Muhammadu Buhari for approval.

Source
https://twitter.com/VictorG63538936/status/1670817577067585537

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by TemplarLandry: 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
grin I find this hilarious.
This is a repressive bill and we shall resist it.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by SpartaOfLagos: 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nigerian youths are in trouble in this Tinubu government

This is an indirect declaration of war against the youths by Tinubu government

Freedom of speech, in the trashcan πŸ—‘οΈ

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by freemindcity: 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
No be lie
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin

grin

Wetin de make you laugh
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin

it's a welcome development. Tinubu promised to continue from where Buhari stopped. Buhari passed the bill and it has been approved. God bless president Muhammadu BUHARI

Obituary fools will not sleep tonight

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by jlinkd78(m): 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
Following
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Throwback: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
DSS should have such rights.

Not the ordinary police force.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Maize247(f): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good but they should not allow police to do that

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Xscape1993(m): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nothing will ever surprise me in this evil government anymore....

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Creamypie(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
Na to dey bury your gadgets inside ground for Del forest when not in use

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by LegendHero(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
Nigerian youths are in trouble in this Tinubu government

This is an indirect declaration of war against the youths by Tinubu government

Freedom of speech, in the trashcan πŸ—‘οΈ

Don’t be an illiterate. The senate approved the bill and they consist of both APC, PDP, NNPP, LP, and etc.

No be everything you go blame Tinubu for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
Xscape1993:
Nothing will ever surprise me in this evil government anymore....

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're in pains now
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by VeryWickedMan: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
Fear not.
Once they confirm that you have agbado screensaver they will return it.

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by ManWater: 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
There are apps to hide sensitive information.

Since the Hunter has learned to shoot without perching, the Bird must also learn to fly without perching.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by SpartaOfLagos: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
LegendHero:

Don’t be an illiterate. The senate approved the bill and they consist of both APC, PDP, NNPP, LP, and etc.

Who will assent to the bill, the useless president.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
The can search your phone without physical contact, I sure know I am not the only one using my phone.
I don't trust my sims or the phone.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by ManWater: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
&up till now, nothing to reduce cost of living & to better the lives of average Nigerians.
Baba God, na your hand we dey. πŸ™

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Jackson619007: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
It is a good one, but blocking everyway in which they make money from while and when there's no work out there isn't fair, try to create more job opportunities than all this, in that way cybercrime will reduce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by insidelife22(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Wahala oooo
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Zupay: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
DSS no go even see my leg for dia water....useless entity. While crooks in high places go scot free

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Zupay: 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
ManWater:
&up till now, nothing to reduce cost of living & to better the lives of average Nigerians.
Baba God, na your hand we dey. πŸ™

Don't worry, "it will favour you and family"

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Racoon(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hehehe! The high grades sophisticated criminals in high place are left untouched for the lesser criminals. Tinubu's corrupt deeds have all been swept under the carpet. The 108B fraud corruption probe Akpabio is now Senate President. Gandollar is being considered for appointment.

How do you expect a corrupt entity of the slowpoke balablu heroin cum cocaine addict to fight corruption? Una never start to feel the heat. Shege promax mode activated.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by respect80(m): 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Big Wahala for telegram bombers wey vote APC... grin
Shebi na only naked fine girls with big nyash and breast full telegram cheesy
They probably thought that no matter how bad the country gets, they will always have their bombing as side hustle and source of income cheesy let's see what happens now that they have gotten a slide tackle from their darling daddy.
Nor worry, Tinubu and APC go choke una neck reach everywhere grin

They never saw this CummingπŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by PrincessofDSS(f): 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nice moves, now some of these ethnic bigots will learn the hard-way

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by ManWater: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Zupay:

Don't worry, "it will favour you and family"
Amen. Thanks Bro.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by anonymous1759(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
LegendHero:

f

You Dey mind the Goat
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by optionalY09: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
I will stop using mobile phones if i am a Nigerian
Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by FreeStuffsNG: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
You asked for it with your recklessness online and offline.
Cyberbullies and criminal defamers, like petrol smugglers, will soon be out of job.
Mr Bayo Onanuga gave you cyberbullies enough advance notice.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by Acidosis(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hehehe... cheesy

"May Tinubu's reign favour me and my family" Set awon affirmative clowns 🀑🀑

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Senate Approves Bill Allowing DSS To Search Phones Of Young Nigerians by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
optionalY09:
I will stop using mobile phones if i am a Nigerian

They trying to help your miserable life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano State Owes N110 Billion / NIGERIA Told To KEEP Quite at Last Minute at the Security Council this evening / Dakuku Peterside Looses His Ward To Nyesom Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.