Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Why Are Ibos Saying This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Ibos Saying This (2460 Views)

Are Ibos Still Claiming Jews ? / Why Are Ibos More Obsessed With Lagos Than Any Other Nigerian Ethnic Group? / Fulani Cow Ban In Biafraland: Are Ibos Still Eating Almajiri Islamic Zoo Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Ibos Saying This by Fulaninigger: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
Even Igbos are not Igbo enough!

This is what they are saying about the New Chief of Naval Staff!

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Rexymania(m): 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
Fake

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by yarimo(m): 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
Next Anambra state governor must be an IGALA

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by DollarBag: 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
Igala in Anambra. Ndi Igbo kanyi zukwanu ike! Haba!!
Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by FreeStuffsNG: 12:09am On Jun 20, 2023
Fulaninigger:

I think they are right to an extent but it does not change the fact that the President appointed him based on how eminently qualified Nigerian he is and he is from South East Igbo region of Nigeria.
His name is Ikechukwu and he is from Igbo-Eze North LGA, Enugu state which borders Benue and Kogi state but part of the Igala land before states demarcation.

They are probably the minority in South East and it's nice to know about them. I never really knew much about the Igala in South East and that they are so much in number and promised like that. If you now deduct their population all over South East from the population of Igbo, this further supports the reason why the population of Igbo is actually much smaller than even the minority population seen in the various data released so far.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0SCBeksajmNmyGTUJSmMmq5Jpm17kxXuRJdzdaKdTckNj1mMVDRrue1kS65bvM8WKl&id=109837710777439
In the facebook post above, his village is listed among Enugu villages that still take their authority from the paramount chief of the Igala. They speak Igbo and Igala but ethnically Igala.

The Igala in Enugu extend to as far as Nsukka the capital of Enugu state so therefore, a significant part of Enugu state is ethnically Igala but they are from the South East not from North Central.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Achobaisiochu: 12:16am On Jun 20, 2023
DollarBag:
I am Igala man and I am a full indigenous Anambrarian.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by FreeStuffsNG: 12:20am On Jun 20, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Wow!!! This is very interesting. So what happened? Are you at some point in time nomadic or artificial state borders separated you from the Igala in North Central?

You should read this Facebook post below
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0SCBeksajmNmyGTUJSmMmq5Jpm17kxXuRJdzdaKdTckNj1mMVDRrue1kS65bvM8WKl&id=109837710777439

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Achobaisiochu: 12:25am On Jun 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I think they are right to an extent but it does not change the fact that the President appointed him because he is eminently qualified Nigerian and he is from South East Igbo region of Nigeria. His name is Ikechukwu and he is from Igbo-Eze North LGA, Enugu state which borders Benue and Kogi state but part of the Igala land before states demarcation. They are like the minority in South East and it's nice to know about them. I never really knew much about the Igala in South East and that they are so much and promised like that.

In the facebook post above, his village is listed among Enugu villages that still take their authority from the paramount chief of the Igala. They speak Igbo and Igala but ethnically Igala.

The Igala in Enugu extend to as far as Nsukka the capital of Enugu state so therefore, a significant part of Enugu state is ethnically Igala but they are from the South East not from North Central.
Exactly, many of us answer Igbo name and speak Igbo fluently but ethnically we are of Igala origin but due to proximity, acculturation, intermingle and intermarriage between we and Igbos we learnt and speak fluent Igbo language while maintaining our original language which is Igala.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Achobaisiochu: 12:31am On Jun 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Wow!!! This is very interesting. So what happened? Are you at some point in time nomadic or artificial state borders separated you from the Igala in North Central?

You should read this Facebook post below
Not concerned us with Igala in the north central that is Kogi Igala, they are our brothers and sisters, we shared boundaries with them but we have never been together with them in a state.
We are more tilted towards the Eastern region than Kogi, maybe because we can speak fluent Igbo language also.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by FreeStuffsNG: 12:34am On Jun 20, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Not concerned us with Igala in the north central that is Kogi Igala, they are our brothers and sisters, we shared boundaries with them but we have never been together with them in a state.
We are more tilted towards the Eastern region than Kogi, maybe because we can speak fluent Igbo language also.

Thank you sir.
So do you mean that you don't speak or understand Igala? If you don't, how then do you prove that you are Igala? Is there like a body of all Igala?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Ofunaofu: 1:07am On Jun 20, 2023
Fulaninigger:

I don't know what is wrong with some of you Tinubu minions

An unknown entity makes a comment and the next thing is to rush down to nairaland to create a thread about the Igbos

Can't you do without being tribalistic

What is all this Igbo Igbo Igbo all over nairaland

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by DMerciful(m): 1:08am On Jun 20, 2023
Fake!
Fulaninigger:

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Achobaisiochu: 1:10am On Jun 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Thank you sir.
So do you mean that you don't speak or understand Igala? If you don't, how then do you prove that you are Igala? Is there like a body of all Igala?
Our Igala dialect is about 60% Igala language, 20% Igbo language and 20% of our peculiar language that is neither Igala nor Igbo. With these, Igalas will understood that we speak Igala but they find it difficult to assimilate the variant Igala we speaks. Igbos doesn't understand us even though we have 20% Igbo language in our dialect.

Therefore, invariably we can claim to be Igala and we might also claim to be Igbo but we can comfortably claim Igala because our language is more of Igala.
Though we answer Igbo names and we practice more of Igbo culture than Igala's...

Basically, the histories of boundary towns are so enormous, some might migrated from Igala but presently speaks Igbo while some might migrated from Igbo but presently speaks Igala.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Maazieze(m): 1:11am On Jun 20, 2023
Is this thread piloted by one IP adress?
Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by richie240: 1:17am On Jun 20, 2023
Igalaman repping Igbos. grin
Chai, pbat no dey take chances lailai.

#always guiding to avoid stories that touch!
He nor wan go here say accidental discharge happen by 'mistake'!
grin. grin

https://www.withinnigeria.com/2019/05/21/i-hate-yorubas-with-passion-nigerian-soldier-ifeanyi-oparaji-speaks-out/?amp=1
J

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by LegendHero(m): 1:23am On Jun 20, 2023
yarimo:
Next Anambra state governor must be an IGALA

I like Soludo.

If not, Tinubu should try every possible best to make sure an Igala become governor. These guys must learn how to accommodate by fire by force.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by FreeStuffsNG: 1:26am On Jun 20, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Our Igala dialect is about 60% Igala language, 20% Igbo language and 20% of our peculiar language that is neither Igala nor Igbo. With these, Igalas will understood that we speak Igala but they find it difficult to assimilate the variant Igala we speaks. Igbos doesn't understand us even though we have 20% Igbo language in our dialect.

Therefore, invariably we can claim to be Igala and we might also claim to be Igbo but we can comfortably claim Igala because our language is more of Igala.
Though we answer Igbo names and we practice more of Igbo culture than Igala's...

Basically, the histories of boundary towns are so enormous, some might migrated from Igala but presently speaks Igbo while some might migrated from Igbo but presently speaks Igala.
Very nice. Thank you for sharing sir.
I saw this online about the linguistic link between the Igala and Yoruba.
Probably you may find some similarities too if you could speak Yoruba. The Igala language is Yoruboid just like Itsekiri and linguistically related to the Yoruba

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by KingsCity: 1:27am On Jun 20, 2023
You people should stop that rubbish

How can you people be saying that Ike chukwu is not Igbo ..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Achobaisiochu: 1:42am On Jun 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Very nice. Thank you for sharing sir.
I saw this online about the linguistic link between the Igala and Yoruba.
Probably you may find some similarities too if you could speak Yoruba. The Igala language is Yoruboid just like Itsekiri and linguistically related to the Yoruba
Yeah there are few words in yoruba that can also be found in Igala but linguistically Igala is very far from yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by SpatialKing(m): 2:02am On Jun 20, 2023
Now you are admitting that the south east region consist of other tribes aside Igbo

And there are Igbos in other regions like North Central and South South

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Igboid: 2:05am On Jun 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I think they are right to an extent but it does not change the fact that the President appointed him based on how eminently qualified Nigerian he is and he is from South East Igbo region of Nigeria.
His name is Ikechukwu and he is from Igbo-Eze North LGA, Enugu state which borders Benue and Kogi state but part of the Igala land before states demarcation.

They are probably the minority in South East and it's nice to know about them. I never really knew much about the Igala in South East and that they are so much in number and promised like that. If you now deduct their population all over South East from the population of Igbo, this further supports the reason why the population of Igbo is actually much smaller than even the minority population seen in the various data released so far.

Stop writing nonsense and misinforming the public.
There is no Igala in Igbo-eze.
Ette is a trilingual community shared between Igbo, Igala and Idoma at the tip of Enugu State.
The man in question is from Enugu Ezike and they are not Igalas.
They are Igbos.

And mind you, there are more than 30 Igbo speaking communities in Kogi East senatorial zone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Igboid: 2:08am On Jun 20, 2023
Achobaisiochu:

You are a descendant of Igala farmers and refugees in Anambra.
We are aware of your presence.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Igboid: 2:10am On Jun 20, 2023
DollarBag:

That's Igala land grabbers from Kogi that are spreading the fake news.
There is no Igala in Enugu.
Enugu-Ezike is where the new naval boss hail from is an Igbo speaking community and never Igala.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Fulaninigger: 2:40am On Jun 20, 2023
Alright. Thanks for the explanation
FreeStuffsNG:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by bjtinz: 2:59am On Jun 20, 2023
Hmm. Interesting
Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by nedekid: 3:36am On Jun 20, 2023
Fulaninigger:

How many people said this? One? If one, why are you using "they"?
Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by StreetFight: 7:05am On Jun 20, 2023
Fulaninigger:

These re the people that want to lead Nigeria. Clowns

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 20, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Exactly, many of us answer Igbo name and speak Igbo fluently but ethnically we are of Igala origin but due to proximity, acculturation, intermingle and intermarriage between we and Igbos we learnt and speak fluent Igbo language while maintaining our original language which is Igala.

That's why I said ibbos are a minority tribe in Nigeria. Ijaws are more populous than them. Imagine how tiny their region is, and that tiny dot still has other tribes sharing space with them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by spy24(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2023
StreetFight:

These re the people that want to lead Nigeria. Clowns

You reek of tribalism, you saw just one screen shot and you used it to generalize, hatred no fit make you reason again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by AwkaFinest: 8:42am On Jun 20, 2023
Any Igbo here claiming Igala is not in Anambra and Enugu is of all men, most miserable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by Igboid: 8:47am On Jun 20, 2023
AwkaFinest:
Any Igbo here claiming Igala is not in Anambra and Enugu is of all men, most miserable.

Igala man, there are no Igala in Anambra or Enugu. What we have are descendants of Igala farmers and refugees who were accommodated by Igbo aboriginals in the land.
Move on.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ibos Saying This by FreeStuffsNG: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Yeah there are few words in yoruba that can also be found in Igala but linguistically Igala is very far from yoruba.
Probably the Igbo Igala now having only about 60% original Igala in it according to you.

The authoritative reference I shared with you focused on the main Igala in Kogi from their ancestral original homeland and did the research without referring to Igala in far flung areas and influenced by another tribe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dollar Is Now 1075 We Are Finished!!! / I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta / Many Protest Racist Murder Of Nigerian Teen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.