Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. (584 Views)

Chinese Supermarket In Abuja Where Nigerians Aren’t Allowed To Shop / 2nd Niger Bridge: This Is How It Look Like When It Finished - 3D Images & Video / I’m Surprised Nigerians Aren’t Clapping For Buhari – Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by 9jabox(m): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
So here’s the thing.

A person who graduated in 2010 and earned 100k per month would live like a king. He would pay his bills seamlessly and even have change to spare.

My elder brother bought his first car in 2012 for 900k as direct Belgium.

Fast forward to 2023.

When you graduate today and earn the same 100k. You’d sweat to meet your bills every month.

In fact, some people are living month to month on debt despite earning 100k plus every month.

This video speaks to these issues and I think every young Nigerian should watch it.

It is not that we are not doing enough… it is not that we are not working hard enough. It is the country that has failed us.

Don’t let anyone pressure you into doing crime or earn illegitimate money or even working like a donkey just so you can meet your needs.

Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIqxAOugAs
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
9jabox:
So here’s the thing.

A person who graduated in 2010 and earned 100k per month would live like a king. He would pay his bills seamlessly and even have change to spare.

My elder brother bought his first car in 2012 for 900k as direct Belgium.

Fast forward to 2023.

When you graduate today and earn the same 100k. You’d sweat to meet your bills every month.

In fact, some people are living month to month on debt despite earning 100k plus every month.

This video speaks to these issues and I think every young Nigerian should watch it.

It is not that we are not doing enough… it is not that we are not working hard enough. It is the country that has failed us.

Don’t let anyone pressure you into doing crime or earn illegitimate money or even working like a donkey just so you can meet your needs.

Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIqxAOugAs
Don't blame yourself

These concrete brain leaders are supposed to adjust the 100k an individual earned in 2010 in line with 2023 reality of ceaseless, relentless inflation. But they blatantly refused to. So what do you expect? The 100k is almost useless

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by Freelancer1(f): 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
Nigeria is 100% not working hard yes here it again
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by talented321: 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Things are increasing but the salary is stagnant, they have to settle this minimum wage matter well, people receiving 50k just belike say na 10k. Imagine you will use your full salary only on transport fare to work, heart attact is sure anytime plus depression. Is not funny
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by Flight90: 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Nigerians don't appreciate things easily
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by 9jabox(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Don't blame yourself

These concrete brain leaders are supposed to adjust the 100k an individual earned in 2010 in line with 2023 reality of ceaseless, relentless inflation. But they blatantly refused to. So what do you expect? The 100k is almost useless

You can say that again. The earning of the average Nigerian has remained static for decades now while inflation has soared and dwarfed their purchasing powers.

Sadly, when the few who are (un)lucky to earn far more than the average ones splash their monies in parties and public events, they leave the average hustling guy feeling like he’s not doing enough and needs to double their hustle…. Which may lead them to untimely deaths.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by hedonido: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
Because Nigerians are the most stupid people in the world.

You can work hard all you want but you will all continue to despair, suffer, and eat from the waste bins until you engage your fucking brains and act accordingly.

If the majority of dirt poor idiots would keep quiet when someone like BAT is rigged in....and the same idiots are sheepishly keeping quiet and accepting their fate since the gate-crashing BAT increased fuel price from N185 to N500+.... then nobody can help them. They deserve to suffer and die.

When they are ready to have sense and exercise their true power as the masses, they know what to do. Power and liberation lies in the mind (the brain), not the muscles. Work like a zombie and die like a zombie.

Bastards.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by SmartPolician: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
In the past, when Nigerian leaders enact bad policies, people criticize them and they retrace their steps.

Today, if leaders enact a bad policy, you cannot criticize him because people will target your tribe first.

Everyone expects you to jubilate because the leader is working!

Make una no worry, the beauty of bad leadership, like I always say, is that it spears nobody.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by 9jabox(m): 12:22am On Jun 21, 2023
@Seun
@myndd44
@lalasticlala
Make una move this to front page na
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by 9jabox(m): 12:25am On Jun 21, 2023
hedonido:

You can work hard all you want but you will all continue to despair, suffer, and eat from the waste bins until you engage your fucking brains and act accordingly.

If the majority of dirt poor idiots would keep quiet when someone like BAT is rigged in....and the same idiots are sheepishly keeping quiet and accepting their fate since the gate-crashing BAT increased fuel price from N185 to N500+.... then nobody can help them. They deserve to suffer and die.

When they are ready to have sense and exercise their true power as the masses, they know what to do. Power and liberation lies in the mind (the brain), not the muscles. Work like a zombie and die like a zombie.

Bastards.

Why being so unnecessarily hard on a people already pressed to the ground?
Are you not aware of what happened in 2020 during ENDSARS? How people were brutally murdered in cold blood for coming out to exercise their rights to protest?

How many people have been held accountable for the killings? How then do you think people will have the strength to go out next time when such atrocities are left to go unpinished?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:37am On Jun 21, 2023
100k in 2009 was equivalent to almost 1000 usd. It will be around 600k by today's value.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by Nahunger(m): 2:07am On Jun 21, 2023
Grabs popcorn 🍿
Pulls a plastic chair
Switch off Netflix

Waiting for Nigeria to answer the Nigerian question 🤔
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by emmaodet: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
100k in 2009 was equivalent to almost 1000 usd. It will be around 600k by today's value.

I think this is a bit wrong.
Look it this way -
Let's assume you were earning 150k per month in 2009 when USD was 150 to a naira, it will only take you a month's salary to buy something in US for a 1000 dollars.
If your salary is still stagnant at 150k a month, it will take you 5 months salary of 750k to buy the same product of 1000 USD now and that is Craziness
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by anungangampu: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2023
SmartPolician:
In the past, when Nigerian leaders enact bad policies, people criticize them and they retrace their steps.

Today, if leaders enact a bad policy, you cannot criticize him because people will target your tribe first.

Everyone expects you to jubilate because the leader is working!

Make una no worry, the beauty of bad leadership, like I always say, is that it spears nobody.
How bad things changed. Tribalsim and religion is quietly getting everyone. It will peak soon.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
emmaodet:

I think this is a bit wrong.
Look it this way -
Let's assume you were earning 150k per month in 2009 when USD was 150 to a naira, it will only take you a month's salary to buy something in US for a 1000 dollars.
If your salary is still stagnant at 150k a month, it will take you 5 months salary of 750k to buy the same product of 1000 USD now and that is Craziness

Yeah and if you are earning 760 now it's equivalent to 100k then
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by emmaodet: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Sure. A very terrible economy
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
emmaodet:

Sure. A very terrible economy

The funny thing is that in that same 2009 It was easy to see a 100k job than to see a 760k job In 2023. 760k is paid to directors and co in naija. Graduate trainees were getting 200k In that 2009. New doctors sef were getting 120 to 150k. Some states were even paying that to corper doctors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by emmaodet: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

The funny thing is that in that same 2009 It was easy to see a 100k job than to see a 760k job In 2023. 760k is paid to directors and co in naija. Graduate trainees were getting 200k In that 2009. New doctors sef were getting 120 to 150k. Some states were even paying that to corper doctors.

Hmmmmmmmm

It's well
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmmm

It's well

Yeah when I left high school, I was a bit active on the nairaland job section. Banks in Nigeria used to go to UK and set aptitude tests for guys. People were going to school abroad with the hope of coming back to Nigeria and working and making the economy better. This japa of a thing through school started heavily in 2015 and got much worst over the years

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by emmaodet: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah when I left high school, I was a bit active on the nairaland job section. Banks in Nigeria used to go to UK and set aptitude tests for guys. People were going to school abroad with the hope of coming back to Nigeria and working and making the economy better. This japa of a thing through school started heavily in 2015 and got much worst over the years

Honestly, it is not easy surviving in Nigeria.
It's not easy at all
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by Gerrard59(m): 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Access Bank, UBA and First Bank were doing so. There were at least three job vacancy ads on the front page EVERYDAY! People got jobs via Nairaland and testified. Jobs were posted daily. Before 2015, my parents' business flourished, and that was when I fell in love with capitalism. The desire to leave Nigeria was not as high as it is today. The rampant slaughtering was not as they are now. Farmers could farm in PEACE.

It is the reason till thy kingdom comes, I will forever hate people who campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015. I really hate them.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by Cromagnon: 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
hedonido:

Bastards.
where Kanter works does subsidy work?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Making It Look Like Nigerians Aren’t Working Hard Enough. by lastkingsman: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

How about savings and assets?

For example real estate property valued at 10m ($100,000) then let's say "appreciated" 3 times i.e. 30m is worth $40,000 today.

No be juju be this?

A wealth of a generation has been wiped out by Buhari and his APC bands

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is A King And Tinubu Owes Him / Anyone Criticizing Tinubu Is Lazy / People Who Opposed Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.