Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? (730 Views)

ASUU To Student: “what Exactly Do You Miss? Fornication Or Education?” / Dirty Toilets, Overgrown Grasses As Nairalander Posts Pictures Of Madonna Uni / 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by yungzed360(m): 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
Officially I joined Nairaland 10+ years ago, precisely May 19, 2013. And since then none of my posts made FP untill recently when I wrote about How my girl is stressing me.

A lot of person(s) want to get their posts to FP... What exactly is the advantage?, initially I was thinking you will be remunerated or something of that nature😂. But mine made it and it was still like a normal post in any of the section.

Let hear from our Oga's pls

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by geesilver(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nothing it's just the vibes and paparazzi of your comments been on the front page
Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by joinnow: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
yungzed360:
Officially I joined Nairaland 10+ years ago, precisely May 19, 2013. And since then none of my posts made FP untill recently when I wrote about How my girl is stressing me.

A lot of person(s) want to get their posts to FP... What exactly is the advantage?, initially I was thinking you will be remunerated or something of that nature😂. But mine made it and it was still like a normal post in any of the section.

Exposure

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by bodemattews(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
If you can make front page all the time and can engage people with your post then you have the capacity to become an actual blogger that can drive traffic from nairaland to wherever to want them to go.. this is power if you can really know how to use it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by CandidAdmin(m): 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2023
More comments and views.

Food for thought - Supermods should limit the number of topicr that makes the FP daily so everyone would visit other sections more. That way, people would focus less on fp and trending section.

Check my siggy!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by laivwire(m): 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:
More comments and views.

Food for thought - Supermods should limit the number of topicr that makes the FP daily so everyone would visit other sections more. That way, people would focus less on fp and trending section.

Check my siggy!
I disagree. Many people visit nairaland frontpage for their news updates and to get first hand feedback on the thoughts of many Nigerians. Too few topics make the website dull, uneventful and not engaging.

Online users have a low attention span and will have a bounce rate if they have to go in search within other sections.

More topics are better but they should be relevant, informative and entertaining.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by CandidAdmin(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
laivwire:

I disagree. Many people visit nairaland frontpage for their news updates and to get first hand feedback on the thoughts of many Nigerians. Too few topics make the website dull, uneventful and not engaging.

Online users have a low attention span and will have a bounce rate if they have to go in search within other sections.

More topics are better but they should be relevant, informative and entertaining.

Thereby keeping everyone on the FP and trending section.

Do u realize some sections on NL are almost dead due to everyone keeping their attention on sections(Politics, romance, crime, sports and travel) whose topics usually make FP?

If more topics are to make FP, then the topics should be evenly distributed.
Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by laivwire(m): 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Thereby keeping everyone on the FP and trending section.

Do u realize some sections on NL are almost dead due to everyone keeping their attention on sections(Politics, romance, crime, sports and travel) whose topics usually make FP?

If more topics are to make FP, then the topics should be evenly distributed.

The golden question is to define the purpose of each section. It's for followers of niche topics. It's no one's fault if some topics generate more interest among visitors than others. You can't goad people into consuming content they do not want. If followers of so called dead sections post interesting content, admins will push it to front page with speed because they're not interested in the topics per se. All they really care about is constant traffic through sticky content that keeps visitors on the website.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by Nairalander248: 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
yungzed360:

NL has a change of Supermods that move topic to fp, Old Supermod Lalasticala was obsessed with snakes while the new Supermod is obsessed with romance and love....

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by eepeepook: 5:06am On Jun 22, 2023
JAMB question.
Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by Nemesis0147(m): 7:28am On Jun 22, 2023
bodemattews:
If you can make front page all the time and can engage people with your post then you have the capacity to become an actual blogger that can drive traffic from nairaland to wherever to want them to go.. this is power if you can really know how to use it.
stories!,how many stories from the literature section makes it to the front page every month?
Apart from getting more information/advice or suggestions….nothing come out again!
Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by LeeSmart: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2023
yungzed360:

Nothing much ooo just 4-5 minutes of fame that's all

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Advantage Of Your Posts Making Front Page (FP) On Nairaland? by bodemattews(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2023
In anything you do if you believe nothing will come out for you , you can be sure nothing will but if you believesomething will come out and keep at it diligentlysomething will. Change your mindset my dear friend. God bless you.
Nemesis0147:
stories!,how many stories from the literature section makes it to the front page every month?
Apart from getting more information/advice or suggestions….nothing come out again!

(1) (Reply)

After HND What Is The Next Degree? / Help Pls / Info about UNN post UME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.