Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki (19904 Views)

No Customs Duty And VAT On CNG Conversion Kits Imports – Ngelale / Despite Form Denial, Jonathan Meets Adamu, Prepares To Run On APC Ticket / 2019: INEC Needs 2,600 Vehicles In Ebonyi- REC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by ebhohon: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2023
Noghayin03:
My elder brother converted his even before subsidy was removed and he has been feeling on top of the world. Conversion price was N342,000, tho I learnt it has gone up due to increasing demand for CNG. N2,000 worth of gas fills his cylinder and he uses it for his Uber/Bolt huzzle throughout the day. It has so many advantages compared to petrol the only disadvantages I learnt are: 1. The space the cylinder will occupy on your trunk. 2. Unavailability of gas stations in many states of the federation ( for inter-state travellers, as you would have to switch back to fuel to continue the journey) 3. High cost of installation at the moment. 4. Now I have the money to install, they have placed me on a long queue due to so many people who have paid before me for installation.

My question is this. Why can't they partner with other fuel stations across the country to achieve the desired spread? Why can other investors rush in to cash out? Why don't they employ more engineers and train them for ease of installation? If I install from ladipo boys in Lagos, will they sell products for me at their fuel station cos it's monopolized by NIPCO only?
Thank you for this detail

1 Like

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by cyberguy72(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2023
ThatCEO:

Please where in Abuja are they doing it? I want to go n find out. This V6 wan finish me.
u dey talk of v6 how v8 pple go con do...lol
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by cyberguy72(m): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2023
[quote author=princejohnard post=123958676]Wow, it's cheaper now. It used to be north of 1 million.... I guessed as more people switched to gas, their service cost becomes cheaper.

[/quoteFor how many cylinder engine? the price depends on the cylinder.Is this price for v4 engine
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by ebhohon: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2023
cyberguy72:
u dey talk of v6 how v8 pple go con do...lol
anybody wey dey use V8 has no challenge in filling the car. before you buy v8 cost of fuel no be your problem.

3 Likes

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by cliqtips: 11:12am On Jun 22, 2023
LikeAking:
As if the CNG na 20 naira of 50 naira per kg..

Na expenses..

For Gen, you have to buy an original, not fake or sub standard cylinder... Else!

The cylinders cost money..

Conversation cost money.

The gas cost money.

CNG is not CNA.

or CNW

But it's way cheaper... 100 to 120 Naira
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by TruthinAction: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2023
Josegun:
Nice....
Thinking of converting my V6 Acura car to this CNG, but I don't know the cost implications.
If it's going to be cheaper than petrol or not

It's about 60% savings in running cost compared with petrol. The only challenge is the initial cost of conversion and the availability of gas filling stations to refill.

They should build gas stations across the nation before they start asking people to convert.
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by LikeAking: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2023
cliqtips:

But it's way cheaper... 100 to 120 Naira

We are easily decided...

You have forgotten demand will push the price up.

CNG price is low cos the demand is very low...
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by blowjohn(m): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2023
Josegun:
Nice....
Thinking of converting my V6 Acura car to this CNG, but I don't know the cost implications.
If it's going to be cheaper than petrol or not

If u like ur life avoid gas.
I don't know why u guys are happy about this gas thing.
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by inoki247: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2023
7brigade:

How is it his tears mofo...as if u are buying fuel @ ronu price of 100 naira...u self might be d bigger stake holders in d tears GANG ..if your income is lower than his amist ...500 naira per liter and hyper inflation

Lol you're the one in tears how many thread you don see open crying up nd down you guys are the one crying...
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by LibertyRep: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2023
OVB123:
The problem is that the government may likely increase the price of gas.

This is exactly why I told someone today. The moment people massively embrace the CNG, then the story might change.

Though it's not imported, they'll just manufacture some charges or conditions to drive the price up.

How much was cooking gas before Nigerians embraced it? How much is it now

2 Likes

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by ugocitywnda: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2023
people sould wake up and embrace solar system,nepa and naija will keep fu#ing you up.
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Shellsploit: 11:35am On Jun 22, 2023
After installation how can one determine the level of gas left in the cylinder? Will a seperate guage be installed

2 Likes

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Skyehigher1: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2023
Good within 2 years many cars maybe converted to CNG and our economy will be widespread
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Actuarydeji(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2023
Oga must you comment on everything! He's talking about compressed gas! It is the cheapest so far, I work and reside in Benin city. CNG is the cheapest and very economical!
LikeAking:
As if the CNG na 20 naira of 50 naira per kg..

Na expenses..

For Gen, you have to buy an original, not fake or sub standard cylinder... Else!

The cylinders cost money..

Conversation cost money.

The gas cost money.

CNG is not CNA.

or CNW

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by sim2003: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
Viking07:
110-150 naira per liter.
Installation here in Abuja by NIPCO costs 342,000 per vehicle. With CNG of 2000 naira you can cover 160km.

Where are u buying it at 150 per kg? Is it not the normal gas that we use to cook at home. That is 550 per kg
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by NaMe4: 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2023

1 Like

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by OvertheTop(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2023
Raysleek:

Cng is much cheaper than petrol. An equivalent of your petrol full tank will cost just around 3000naira on cng. Yes the conversion is expensive but the gas is cheap and the gas is not imported

IT is Cheap because THE DEMAND IS NOT HIGH YET
immediately a lot of cars Migrate to CNG, the Price will Explode as Usual
that is Nigeria for You
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Iriruaga100(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2023
sim2003:

Where are u buying it at 150 per kg? Is it not the normal gas that we use to cook at home. That is 550 per kg

CNG is different from LPG. LPG is the one we use at home. CNG is 120 per kg. CNG is compressed gas not the cooking gas you use at home.

1 Like

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2023
sim2003:

CNG is not your normal cooking gas.

1 Like

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Zandena(f): 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
Watch out the speed at which CNG prices will skyrocket in coming weeks! Nigerians are wicked to themselves and not only the Government.
The current price of the product is said to be between 100-120 Naira per kg, once it gets embraced by Nigerians, marketers will inflate the price through hoarding and acute supply.
God is watching!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by jUeLiZ: 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2023
Noghayin03:
My elder brother converted his even before subsidy was removed and he has been feeling on top of the world. Conversion price was N342,000, tho I learnt it has gone up due to increasing demand for CNG. N2,000 worth of gas fills his cylinder and he uses it for his Uber/Bolt huzzle throughout the day. It has so many advantages compared to petrol the only disadvantages I learnt are: 1. The space the cylinder will occupy on your trunk. 2. Unavailability of gas stations in many states of the federation ( for inter-state travellers, as you would have to switch back to fuel to continue the journey) 3. High cost of installation at the moment. 4. Now I have the money to install, they have placed me on a long queue due to so many people who have paid before me for installation.

My question is this. Why can't they partner with other fuel stations across the country to achieve the desired spread? Why can other investors rush in to cash out? Why don't they employ more engineers and train them for ease of installation? If I install from ladipo boys in Lagos, will they sell products for me at their fuel station cos it's monopolized by NIPCO only?
very soon price of CNG would sky rocket. This country we just don't like ourselves
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Josegun(m): 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
blowjohn:

If u like ur life avoid gas.
I don't know why u guys are happy about this gas thing.

Pls educate me. Is it very dangeriuos.
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Sijo01(f): 12:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
Greatechng:
I don’t think it’s costly in Benin because if it’s costly all those Audi cabs no go fit dey do am, I think people still enter cabs for 50 naira in Benin city.

You can do your findings anyways

You're very very wrong
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by OvertheTop(m): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2023
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Greatechng(m): 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
Sijo01:

You're very very wrong

Okay, correct me where I’m wrong
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Sijo01(f): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Greatechng:

Okay, correct me where I’m wrong

The bold assertion. No where in Benin where Drivers charge N50 per drop even before subsidy remover
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by MagReader: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
sim2003:

The gas you have in mind is...
LPG(LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS).
The one they are talking about us...
CNG(COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS).
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by MeineMutter: 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2023
Lamba.

No be all those awilo buses wey dey call lobenin lobenin agba bin dey say dem dey use gas?
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by Greatechng(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
Sijo01:

The bold assertion. No where in Benin where Drivers charge N50 per drop even before subsidy remover

Okay
Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by princejohnard(m): 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2023
CNG is better than LPG for running generator and motor because it last longer and it's lighter

CandidAdmin:

In layman terms?

1 Like

Re: 5,600 Vehicles Run On CNG In Benin – Obaseki by NaMe4: 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
OvertheTop:

This is LPG powered not CNG

Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos' Son Loses APC Reps Primaries / Kabiru Sokoto: AIT Denies Reporting Release Of Christmas Day Bomber / Dagogo: Hold Wike Responsible If Anything Happens To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.