Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Nigerian Basketball player, James Nnaji Suffers Racist Insult In Madrid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Basketball player, James Nnaji Suffers Racist Insult In Madrid (201 Views)

Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful / Rashford Suffers Racist Abuse After Missing Penalty / Alex Nwora And Son, Jordan Nwora In The Nigerian Basketball Team. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Basketball player, James Nnaji Suffers Racist Insult In Madrid by forthrightt: 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
Barcelona basketball team player of Nigerian descent, James Nnaji suffered racial slurs from real Madrid basketball fans.
It should be noted that, Vinicius Junior who plays for the Real Madrid men's football team also suffered racial insults from Valencia fc fans during a league game against valencia fc recently[color=#006600][/color].

Barcelona on Wednesday condemned the racist abuse suffered by Nigerian player James Nnaji during their Spanish basketball championship final victory over bitter rivals Real Madrid.

The incident comes as Spanish sport wrestles with the global outcry sparked by racism aimed at Real’s Brazilian football star Vinicius Jr.

“FC Barcelona strongly condemns the racist insults suffered by first-team basketball player James Nnaji before game three of the final,” Barcelona said in a statement.

“The club expects a firm response from the ACB (Spanish basketball league) against any racial or verbal insults.”

Images of the arrival of the FC Barcelona bus at the WiZink centre in Madrid, where Tuesday’s match took place, showed several Madrid fans hurling insults at the Barcelona players.

According to local media, Nnaji was the target of racist insults.

“I want to talk about what happened here with James Nnaji, I think it’s regrettable. I hear a lot about Vinicius and now it’s us who have to talk about what’s going on,” said Barcelona basketball coach Sarunas Jasikevicius.

https://punchng.com/barcelona-condemn-racist-abuse-of-nigerian-basketball-player-nnaji/

Re: Nigerian Basketball player, James Nnaji Suffers Racist Insult In Madrid by Ever8090: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2023
What is racism?... anyway, na Africans prove themselves to be less human that is why the white feels to associate failure to their colour.....what am I even saying sef?...English hard Shaa...
Re: Nigerian Basketball player, James Nnaji Suffers Racist Insult In Madrid by forthrightt: 11:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
Ever8090:
What is racism?... anyway, na Africans prove themselves to be less human that is why the white feels to associate failure to their colour.....what am I even saying sef?...English hard Shaa...

grin grin

How do Africans prove themselves to be less human?
Is there anything special that Africans do that other races don't do or has never done ?

Saying Africans prove themselves to be less human is an act of inferiority complex.

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Legend Steven Gerrard Appointed As New Manager Of Saudi Arabian Club / Queen Bisola Telecoms / How Much Is Lionel Messi's Salary At Inter Miami?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.