Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. (13022 Views)

Collation Of Enugu Governorship Election Results Resumes By 5pm Today / 2023 Enugu Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Election Tribunal Orders Substituted Service On Governor Diri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Samirana360(m): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2023
Mufasa27:
Whatever happens in Biafra doesn't affect an average Nigerian, we care less about the SE, Mods we need important news on FP, I mean pressing Issues
this poster should be banned

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Ofunaofu: 10:19am On Jun 23, 2023
Mufasa27:
Whatever happens in Biafra doesn't affect an average Nigerian, we care less about the SE, Mods we need important news on FP, I mean pressing Issues

If that is the case then Biafra should be allowed to secede so that you all can remain in your indivisible one Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Trustmea: 10:22am On Jun 23, 2023
This man really spent money for this election. The desperation no be for here,

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by stanbright(m): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2023
Mufasa27:
Like tinubu hugging France president?fish brains

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by patrickmuf(m): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2023
generalud:
Same case with gov umo eno over fake and forgged WAEC Certificate. If umo eno does not go, then I will come to conclusion that judiciary in Nigeria that was the last hope of the common man has now turned to be the assuerd hope of politicians.
Umo Eno has a case? Can you please throw more light on it?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Badgers14: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2023
Shameful !!

Why can't INEC with all the money they give them during election investigate simply issues like this?

What stops them from having one person in their offices in each state tasked with verification of documents from prospective candidates?

Verify from WAEC, NECO, JAMB, NYSC etc.. and request expedite response from them

Alot of this post election wahala would stop even before the election..

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Angelfrost(m): 10:30am On Jun 23, 2023
Una sha no wan let that man settle down for one minute in that government house!

Why can't you politicians just allow elections go the right way?!!

National level of presidency, the same issues!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by fabian063: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Meaning APC won the state
How APC wey no get up to 15k vote wan take win the State. Even strong men wey dey APC for the State dey work for PDP. That State too hate APC

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by fabian063: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Meaning APC won the state
How APC wey no get up to 15k vote wan take win the State. Even strong men wey dey APC for the State dey work for PDP. That State too hate APC

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by 001Lagos: 10:34am On Jun 23, 2023
The Labour Party man will retrieve his mandate from Mbah, it is now obvious .

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Benresmy(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2023
Mufasa27:

YOU ARE JUST A FOOL FOREVER.. U PEOPLE ARE THEY ONE MAKING THIS COUNTRY TO COLLAPSE MORE FURTHER..

TRIBALISTIC B;TCH

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by adioolayi(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2023
fergie001:

Elections Tribunal is sui generis.... A special Court, immunity doesn't happen there.

Bayelsa Deputy-Governor, Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo was summoned by the Tribunal in Abuja after allegations that he didn't graduate from UST.

He was present, Mbah can only postpone his going there but he MUST.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2023
Cc: Christejames

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Collins4u1(m): 10:52am On Jun 23, 2023
make he get out abeg, the height of desperation, otherwise he won't be using fake document.

If you cannot attain excellece excellently, then you're not worthy to be there. everything in Nigeria a crime scene

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by EnglandAmaka(f): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2023
I told my Nkanu guy that Edoga is coming and he was arguing.

I will forward this news to him. We voted massively for Edoga.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Penguin2: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2023
patrickmuf:
Umo Eno has a case? Can you please throw more light on it?
Except a miracle happens, Bassey Albert of YDP is the next governor of Akwa Ibom State.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by senatordave1(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2023
fergie001:

Elections Tribunal is sui generis.... A special Court, immunity doesn't happen there.

Bayelsa Deputy-Governor, Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo was summoned by the Tribunal in Abuja after allegations that he didn't graduate from UST.

MBA can delegate someone from his office or a close friend just like buhari and inec chair did...
What do you think of hamzat's double citizenship

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by senatordave1(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2023
EnglandAmaka:
I told my Nkanu guy that Edoga is coming and he was arguing.

I will forward this news to him. We voted massively for Edoga.

I'll have preferred frank nweke.tinubu is favouring Enugu with appointment

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Cocaine20982: 11:35am On Jun 23, 2023
*MBA ...should appear at the Tribunal and tell Nigerians why he refused to serve and how he got his NYSC Certifications.
Then go back to his office on Monday and Honorably resign and hand himself over to PRISONS @ ENUGU STATE CORRECTIONS CENTER located at OLD PACK ENUGU*.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by AskNgige2: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2023
tiswell:
Mbah is gone already.

certificate forgery is a big criminal offence in law

D guy MBA self mumu..

He never heard of cart forgery b4?
So he was not read the b4 going into politics

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by AskNgige2: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2023
chikeze:

Immunity can’t save him cos it’s a pre election matter. It didn’t happen while in office if not immunity would have covered him.

Same thing happened to adeleke b4

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by tiswell(m): 11:56am On Jun 23, 2023
AskNgige2:

D guy MBA self mumu..

He never heard of cart forgery b4?
So he was not read the b4 going into politics
he fvck up big time
Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Eriokanmi: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
I'm more interested in nasarawa's case. It was a daylight robbery.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by klenton(m): 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
fergie001:

This position is wrong, the constitution of Nigeria which is the ground norm confers immunity on the governor for all intents and purposes.

What you should ask yourself is what will happen if Mbah refuses to appear? Ofcourse nothing as the court cannot order his arrest

So the order of the court is null and void and of no effect whatsoever, it is strictly at Mbahs discretion to appear or not

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by klenton(m): 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
fergie001:

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2023
Mufasa27:
if whatever that concerns biafra and SE doesn't affect hater like you, you wouldn't be here... it shows that frustration has eaten deep inside that heart that u believe, they are the cause of ur frustration... If I were you, I will submit myself to psychiatric for rehab because you are on colos.. very soon that dirty trouser lingering on ur malnourished waist , you go commot am because of south east

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by fergie001: 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
klenton:

This position is wrong, the constitution of Nigeria which is the ground norm confers immunity on the governor for all intents and purposes.

What you should ask yourself is what will happen if Mbah refuses to appear? Ofcourse nothing as the court cannot order his arrest

So the order of the court is null and void and of no effect whatsoever, it is strictly at Mbahs discretion to appear or not
Your position is wrong....

Our Courts have re-echoed this severally... A GOVERNOR HAS NO IMMUNITY IN ELECTION PETITION CASES

Alliance for Democracy v Peter Ayodele Fayose (2004) - Appeal Court
A person declared and sworn-in as the Governor-elect can be sued by an appropriate party to challenge the declaration. If the person is said to be immuned under section 308 of the 1999 Constitution, the resultant effect is that once a person is declared and sworn-in as Governor-elect, that ends the matter, and no one can complain or take any legal action even if the person conducted any gross election malpractices. This will encourage gross wrongful and illegal activities among the parties contesting for the position, and negate the spirit and necessary intendment of the Constitution and hence destroy democracy.

Supreme Court in I.M.B. Securities v Bola Ahmed Tinubu (2001)

The provision of section 308 of the 1999 Constitution is not applicable to confer immunity on a State Governor in an election petition challenging his election as to preclude the issuance of subpoena on him. The immunity provided by the provision of section 308 of the 1999 Constitution on a State Governor is put in abeyance when his election is being disputed before an election tribunal as to make him subject to being compelled by a subpoena to tender document(s) or give evidence before the election tribunal.

The provision of section 308 of the 1999 Constitution is applicable to ordinary civil proceedings and criminal proceedings and not in election related matter. Therefore, in an election petition, being a special proceeding, completely divorced and separated from civil proceedings, a Governor or any occupant of the office mentioned in section 308 of the 1999 Constitution does not enjoy immunity.

In other words, a Governor is not immune from legal proceedings against him in respect of an election petition.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by christejames(m): 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Cc:
Christejames

😂 😂 😂

Let's see the magic the court will perform this time around...

Edeoga is one leg in.
Re: Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. by Espelbengz(m): 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hahahaha
In essense he is not the governor since the case is at the tribunal? Y'all should be asking questions so you can learn! Haba 21st century kids😂

chikeze:

Immunity can’t save him cos it’s a pre election matter. It didn’t happen while in office if not immunity would have covered him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Ganduje Can't Be Removed From Office Like Oshiomhole - APC / Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed / Saraki, Sheriff Hold Secret Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.