Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

A Survey Chart Built With Dojo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Survey Chart Built With Dojo (1224 Views)

Please Help With This Flow Chart Problem. / Dojomap: A Mini Dojo Application / The Toolkit For Frontend(dojo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2011
Hi guys was trying to make something fun for the Independence day for pips to vote so i could just use to measure Nigeria's success however sadly i couldn't finish it up on time for the Independence Day which i feel sad about was about to delete jut decided to just upload it anyway though the purpose seems defeated.

The Chart is built on Dojo Toolkit using the Chart Kit(uses SVG, Silverlight/Canvas) depending on browser and leverages JSON no database,it has an event handler that checks for new data every minute then defers the next checking for another time in avoid having memory leaks. i hope you find it nice take care.
Dojo Chart Survey
http://forgetdbigwords.com/blog/Survey/
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2011
ehmmm please lemme know of issues, it seems people are using Blackberry to view pls don't the JavaScript runs an intensive code it will hang the phone except with operamini(obviously won't work also). thanks
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by yawatide(f): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
I have been playing with a jquery solution and it seems it is faster and more intuitive than this one. Of course, all the javascript you mentioned on there could be the culprit. Look to minimize the script, among other things.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
It is slower i was suppose to use the build i created earlier but i missed one dependency and i just decided to use Google CDN will build it later because Dojo Builds take time. but thanks a lot for checking it out. if u use firebug you will notice it has way too many JS HTTP Request that's Dojo for you.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
i would have prefered jqplot but am not a Jquery user.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by yawatide(f): 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2011
u better join the jquery bandwagon man. The top dogs use it, so y not u? tongue
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2011
because the Top Dogs can love DOM Manipulation, i use Jquery but i don't like it because its much more stress modularizing Codes with Jquery, far easier with others. and Jquery is just all bout DOM and Effects, others put more emphasis on Classes, "Everything is a Jquery Object" paradigm is something am not used to i hate that style of writing that way people chain like there's no tomorrow. i love the way JavaScript meant to be written in a Class Like Manner. grin . what's your twitter handle ?
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by dhtml1(m): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
I on the other hand love the chaining thinggy, tis fantastica, but that is just me.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2011
lol i was expecting the "Caramba statement".
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by yawatide(f): 12:48am On Oct 04, 2011
lol. dhtml is becoming predictable cool
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by farouqzaib: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2011
I use jQuery for effects and all. I only go hardcore OO JS when I''m doing something serious.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2011
Jquery is nice no doubt not hating on it but dojo animation aint bad also it uses the concept of stacking animations.that way each anim don't overlap another. OO JS is the way that's what dojo/moo tool is built on.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by farouqzaib: 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
Thing is, most devs don't take JS seriously(I didn't too until Node). JS hasn't being given the dues it deserves, so doing OO JS is kinda like(you serious) , it's like using PHP to code GUI's.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
Can u manage to use node.js on shared hosting been reading about it its everywhere. And seems nice from what ave read. If so I'd be glad to know how.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by farouqzaib: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2011
No you can't(Cos u gotta install the libs urself n most shared hosts don't give SSH access).
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
Guessed as much but on VPS it shud. Its really something else cause imagine using just JS for both server and client. Anyway take care bro nice knowing more nl peeps fill JS.
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by farouqzaib: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
No problemo! I should set it up soon on my Linux OS, haven't had the time to. Implementing a server in Node is as simple as calling a function.

It's a great stuff to use, especially if you are not a big fan of OO, cos Node is just event based. It took me a while to really understand the whole Event based programming stuff(I'm not sure I fully do yet though).

u tweet regularly? @farouqzaib
Re: A Survey Chart Built With Dojo by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2011
Hell ya I tweet even thinking of adding my weedman on twitter. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Pop-up Domination Settings / Really Is Zoom Network Back With Good Qaulity Service As Huawei Partners Zoom / Free Domain Name From Lagoshost.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.