Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) (2958 Views)

Man Rapes Daughter In Ogun, Says ‘I Don’t Know What Came Over Me’ (Photo) / Cultism: Police Arrest 14 Suspects, Recover Hard Drugs In Agege / Dapo Abiodun Calls For End To Killings By Customs Anti-Smuggling Squad In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Arisenews2: 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
I’m a YouTuber and a hardworking young man! I had a very dehumanising and traumatic experience with men of the Nigerian Police Force last night in Calabar. Precisely, men of the police anti Cultism squad. I did nothing, and wasn’t guilty of any crime. But they nearly killed me!!!

Yesterday, the 22nd day of June, 2023 at about 10 - 11pm, I was going to drop off a friend who visited.

I was driving (a Lexus) through Eta Agbor when I was accosted by men of the anti cultism team, just in front of the MTN office. They flashed their light and asked me to stop, I obeyed without delay.

I immediately opened my car, so they could conduct their usual search. The officer who stopped me yelled at me, asking me to come down from the car. While I was about doing that, one of them pounced on me, slapping me in the eyes. He slapped me severally while dragging me outside. Asking if I was trying to argue with an officer, even when I hadn’t uttered a word. He also called me a kidnapper, and said I am trying to kidnap my female friend (the same girl he would later slap). Another kicked me on the back, and they kept descending on me. Asking for my phone (Which I had no problem giving them if they had insisted), they kept hitting me, asking me what I do, who owns the car, why I drive a tinted car and many more.

They continued to brutalise me, I didn’t struggle nor argue with them. Another cocked his gun and threatened to shoot at me. I was still confused and didn’t know my crime. They asked me to open my boot, with fears in my eyes, I did everything they said. They searched everywhere, including my boot, and didn’t find anything incriminating, yet they kept hitting me. One started hitting my car, destroying and pulling off my tint.

One of them asked the girl I was carrying to also step down, and surrender her phone, but before she could alight from the car, he landed her a very hot slap. I still don’t know what her offence was.She is still in pains! Although, I could hear some of his colleagues asking him why he had to do that to a girl.

At this point, one them asked me where I come from, and from his intonation, I could tell he is from my part of the state. I told him, and immediately started speaking the bette dialect of Obudu with him. At this juncture, he felt I knew him from somewhere, and became uneasy, and somewhat considerate. He then asked if I was a Yahooboy, and I said “NO”. The other officer then cocked his gun and threatened shooting my leg, but he asked him to leave me alone, that I was his brother. That was my only saving grace. They grudgingly left me, asking me to leave immediately. After panel beating me, from the pictures attached, you could see blood in my eyes. I don’t know why they chose to beat me up even when I didn’t argue nor do anything to them. I’m still wondering what my offence was.

I have eye issues, and got a tinted permit from the state CID since 2021, I use glasses. I’m not a yahooboy and I strongly kick against such vices, I’ve never had any crime record. I still don’t know why they beat me up. I’m currently battling with pains all over my body, I’m traumatized and afraid for my life. I just hope they know I’m not a criminal and don’t deserve what they did to my female friend and I. I could be their brother, and she could be their sister.

I honestly don’t deserve this. I’m not a Yahooboy, not a cultist, Never been guilty of any crime, and I didn’t argue with them. What did I do to them?

If the police who are to safeguard and protect her citizens, keep being threats to our lives, who do we run to when in need of protection? I’m currently traumatised and hurt.

P/S
They were men of the anti cultism squad, and are stationed at the cultural centre complex in Calabar. There wore black mufti and some were in red beret. They look scary and some bearded too.

Update!
I reported the case to Force Headquarters in Abuja, their commandant called me this afternoon and they immediately commenced investigation. I was invited to their office. Their commandant is actually a nice man, and he has apologized on their behalf; and was ready to punish them. The one whose face I could remember was remorseful. I would just forgive them and move!

Thanks to force headquarters and also thanks to the commandant of the anti cultism tactical team. Let’s all be good Nigerians!
Mukina2 Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Share

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Candidlady: 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
sad

1 Like

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by TemplarLandry: 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Sorry about the victimization.

1 Like

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Martinsmine(m): 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
Sorry bro...thats why you need to use your youtube channel to condem police brutality in nigeria... This why police force is the target..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Westerhoffe(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2023
This one police stories are trending… undecided
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by wallarwallar(m): 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
Naija police stubborn like Goat even if dey dismissed 50% dey won't change. Na hell fire intervention fit solve dere problems

Japa toh sure make a contact now

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Theory2022: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
pele
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by vastolord4(m): 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
All this police brutality going on int he country should encourage people to install dash cams in their vehicles especially young men. It will help should you have the police wrongful accusing you or brutalizing you. Contact me if you need one for installation..

1 Like

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by ZUKKYY(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
Sorry" you will be fine
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by b3llo(m): 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Sad! Did you get their car number or tag? If yes, go and report them at the police Command HQ.
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by OloyeVIII: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
I no need to read anything.. You be cultist!
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Arisenews2: 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2023
OloyeVIII:
I no need to read anything.. You be cultist!

Pathetic comment. They didn’t even think of me a cultist, it was a case of intimidate and extort. And I can never stoop so low to want to involve myself in such an act. Is a pity this is all you could say.
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Nemesis0147(m): 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
As a young guy in this country…try as much as possible to avoid the police,,,don’t have any business with them,avoid their check points by all means…..don’t say you are not into crime,,e no dy work for this country!!

Just from Enugu to Nsukka….you will meet not less than 7 police checkpoints and they dress like arm robbers….some even wear earrings!!

I don leave south for them….

6 Likes

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by OloyeVIII: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
Arisenews2:

Pathetic comment. They didn’t even think of me a cultist, it was a case of intimidate and extort. And I can never stoop so low to want to involve myself in such an act. Is a pity this is all you could say.
If you like speak english.. na school dem dey join cult.. first proof say you be cultist..
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by 7bucklife: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
My car side glass was damaged today because I refused to stop for the Nigerian police who were not on on official police patrol van,no nAme ,no tags but on korope. He damaged my side mirror because I refused to stop ,park and be extorted. End police brutality part 2. I will be at the war front. They were armed loaded and corked AK 47 and were ready to shoot me dead.i wasted 15k repairing my side glass and the stand still its still obvious . Now to replace it with factory will cosy me 35k. If I was extorted without a tint Permit. It might have risen to 30k.im so passed off.
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Dexy4yah(m): 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Anytime I see those men in calabar....i avoid them cuz once they see you looking flashy and fresh.... harassment will start.

They are bunch of touts in uniform.

2 Likes

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by xtivin(m): 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Arisenews2:
I’m a YouTuber and a hardworking young man! I had a very dehumanising and traumatic experience with men of the Nigerian Police Force last night in Calabar. Precisely, men of the police anti Cultism squad. I did nothing, and wasn’t guilty of any crime. But they nearly killed me!!!

Yesterday, the 22nd day of June, 2023 at about 10 - 11pm, I was going to drop off a friend who visited.

I was driving (a Lexus) through Eta Agbor when I was accosted by men of the anti cultism team, just in front of the MTN office. They flashed their light and asked me to stop, I obeyed without delay.

I immediately opened my car, so they could conduct their usual search. Before I could say Jack Robinson, one of them pounced on me, slapping me in the eyes. He slapped me severally while dragging me outside. Another kicked me on the back, and they kept descending on me. Asking for my phone(which I had no problem giving them), what I do, and why I drive a tinted car.

They continued to brutalise me, I didn’t struggle nor argue with them. Another cocked his gun and threaten to shoot me. I was still confused and didn’t know my crime. Because, they had already search everywhere, including my boot, and didn’t find anything incriminating, yet they kept hitting me. One started hitting my car, destroying and pulling off my tint.

One of them asked the girl I was carrying to also step down, and before she could alight from the car, he landed her a very hot slap. I still don’t know what her offence was.

One then asked me where I come from, and from his intonation, I could tell he is from my part of the state. I immediately started speaking the bette dialect with him. At this juncture, he felt I knew him from somewhere, and became uneasy, and somewhat considerate. He asked if I was a Yahooboy, and I said “NO”.

They other cocked his gun and said he wanted shooting my leg, but he asked him to leave me alone, that I was his brother. That was my only saving grace. They grudgingly left me, asking me to leave immediately.

I’m currently battling with pains all over my body, and you could see blood in my eyes from the attached picture.

I honestly don’t deserve this. I’m not a Yahooboy, not a cultist, Never been guilty of any crime, and I didn’t argue with them. What did I do to them?

If the police who are to safeguard and protect her citizens, keep being threats to our lives, who do we run to when in need of protection? I’m currently traumatised and hurt.

P/S
They were men of the anti cultism squad, and are stationed at the cultural centre complex in Calabar.

Sorry about this,but this is definitely half story. Possibility is that your story did not capture what really transpired.i know our policemen to be very weird and unpredictable but sincerely first approach really determine how things can go. I can bet there are missing lines in this narrative.
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Arisenews2: 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
xtivin:

Sorry about this,but this is definitely half story. Possibility is that your story did not capture what really transpired.i know our policemen to be very weird and unpredictable but sincerely first approach really determine how things can go. I can bet there are missing lines in this narrative.

I used to think like you before, until it happened to me yesterday. I have a witness anyway. And I wouldn’t even try doing anything funny to angry looking police officers with guns, at almost 11pm on a lonely road.
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Princemedico18: 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
If you must drive with Tinted, when u get to their Checkpoint, wind ur front & back glass down to nothing, it makes them ease. Hail them with coded slangs, "AREA" they will be having doubts. Then ask them "HOW DUTY?" Them go clear road for u.

Come back and testify here
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Nemesis0147(m): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
xtivin:

this police brutality go reach everybody….we go dy hear read your story!!

You guys talk as if others don’t know their right …na only of una Sabi!!

I was harassed in Benin when I was on transit when i was still in school because I was wearing my school bangle(Esut)….that was my offense….say I be ESUTITE!
Or was it the day I missed my flight from Enugu to Abj….

2 Likes

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by LandMann: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
The problem with Nigerian youths is that you guys don't know how to stay low and humble once you start touching money.

The money you use to buy that flashy car with tinted windows is enough to buy a bus for public transportation or other transportation business that will bring more income for you and take away the eyes of the jealous poverty stricken policemen and other evil people around you.

But no, the first few thousand dollars you get, you start dressing like you are a hip-hop star with dreadlocks and chains and funky sneakers. You rush to buy one exotic car, tint the glasses and then go rent an apartment for a price that is far above the normal price.

You do all this forgetting that they place you on the same level as scammers and fraudsters who spend recklessly and don't mind showcasing or living an extravagant lifestyle.

Remember, you'll always be addressed the way you're dressed.

If you are dressed/living like a yahooboy because Youtube is giving you the same dollars yahooboys have access to then you are subjecting yourself to being abused by the uneducated and extremely corrupt nigerian police.

If you like, don't follow my advice and learn to keep a low profile. You're lucky you didn't lose an eye today or get a bullet in your chest. Will you be so lucky tomorrow?

#Peace?

1 Like

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Mantilla(m): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
We all should try and avoid night movements as much as you can. Most evil these guys do are carried out in the night.
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Arisenews2: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
LandMann:
The problem with Nigerian youths is that you guys don't know how to stay low and humble once you start touching money.

The money you use to buy that flashy car with tinted windows is enough to buy a bus for public transportation or other transportation business that will bring more income for you and take away the eyes of the jealous poverty stricken policemen and other evil people around you.

But no, the first few thousand dollars you get, you start dressing like you are a hip-hop star with dreadlocks and chains and funky sneakers. You rush to buy one exotic car, tint the glasses and then go rent an apartment for a price that is far above the normal price.

You do all this forgetting that they place you on the same level as scammers and fraudsters who spend recklessly and don't mind showcasing or living an extravagant lifestyle.

Remember, you'll always be addressed the way you're dressed.

If you are dressed/living like a yahooboy because Youtube is giving you the same dollars yahooboys have access to then you are subjecting yourself to being abused by the uneducated and extremely corrupt nigerian police.

If you like, don't follow my advice and learn to keep a low profile. You're lucky you didn't lose an eye today or get a bullet in your chest. Will you be so lucky tomorrow?

#Peace?

This is funny. I’ve had a car since 2021 and this isn’t my first car. And who told you I don’t have businesses or an investment. I was just wearing a short and a shirt. No tattoo, no dreadlock. So, a young Nigerian shouldn’t buy a car even if he can afford it? So, I shouldn’t live according to my earnings? I should live in penury even when I can afford a comfortable life for fear of the police ? What was my offence? That I work hard and try to live a comfortable life? This is pathetic. And for your information, I’m a low-key person. My problem is “ why did they physically assault me?”

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
Arisenews2:

This is funny. I’ve had a car since 2021 and this isn’t my first car. And who told you I don’t have businesses or an investment. I was just wearing a short and a shirt. No tattoo, no dreadlock. So, a young Nigerian shouldn’t buy a car even if he can afford it? So, I shouldn’t live according to my earnings? I should live in penury even when I can afford a comfortable life for fear of the police ? What was my offence? That I work hard and try to live a comfortable life? This is pathetic. And for your information, I’m a low-key person. My problem is “ why did they physically assault me?”
na Lexus is350? 🥶🥶
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by LandMann: 12:59am On Jun 24, 2023
Arisenews2:

You should have asked the officers these questions when you were being slapped. Tomorrow is another day. You can repeat your whole experience again but this time make sure you get your answers from your assailants.

You're not living in the poverty capital of the world and you won't be dealing with grossly undereducated police officers, so they'll gladly oblige you with answers you seek

1 Like

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by fortunez1(m): 1:58am On Jun 24, 2023
Sorry for the beating, but tinted na crime for the country. Police baned tinted
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Rexymania(m): 3:07am On Jun 24, 2023
They are jealous.
Believe me. That's black mentality for you
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by online4business: 3:44am On Jun 24, 2023
Arisenews2:

I immediately opened my car, so they could conduct their usual search. Before I could say Jack Robinson, one of them pounced on me, slapping me in the eyes. He slapped me severally while dragging me outside. Another kicked me on the back, and they kept descending on me. Asking for my phone(which I had no problem giving them), what I do, and why I drive a tinted car.

They continued to brutalise me, I didn’t struggle nor argue with them. Another cocked his gun and threaten to shoot me. I was still confused and didn’t know my crime. Because, they had already search everywhere, including my boot, and didn’t find anything incriminating, yet they kept hitting me. One started hitting my car, destroying and pulling off my tint.

One of them asked the girl I was carrying to also step down, and before she could alight from the car, he landed her a very hot slap. I still don’t know what her offence was.

One then asked me where I come from, and from his intonation, I could tell he is from my part of the state. I immediately started speaking the bette dialect with him. At this juncture, he felt I knew him from somewhere, and became uneasy, and somewhat considerate. He asked if I was a Yahooboy, and I said “NO”.

They other cocked his gun and said he wanted shooting my leg, but he asked him to leave me alone, that I was his brother. That was my only saving grace. They grudgingly left me, asking me to leave immediately.

I’m currently battling with pains all over my body, and you could see blood in my eyes from the attached picture.

P/S
They were men of the anti cultism squad, and are stationed at the cultural centre complex in Calabar.

Endangered species=young rich guy.

Be like you dey jonz endangering yourself because of pussy

Driving 10-11pm driving tinted car make them welcome you like governor abi?

You get police permit to use tinted glass.

You need to understand all the things that scare police

The more you understand this the better for you stop late night movement...

In togo and benne republic you can Waka 12pm police is your friend but in 9ja never make the mistake.
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Gadafii: 6:24am On Jun 24, 2023
The usual excuse some of you who haven’t been maltreated by NPF before was that “why you sef go dress like yahoo boy, why you go carry dread, why you tint hair etc”

Everybody Dey collect now steady, yahoo or not
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Gadafii: 6:27am On Jun 24, 2023
online4business:

In togo and benne republic you can Waka 12pm police is your friend but in 9ja never make the mistake.

do you listen to your self, having a tinted car scare police, but can’t drive in my country by 11pm for fear of police ooo not even armed robbers, Omo

What stops police from treating him like humans, by demanding the necessary documentation or asking where he’s heading to, they searched him and his car, no evidence yet they still beat the hell out of him and your u are givin excuses

If they had killed him there, you go still talk this nonsense??
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by Arisenews2: 6:38am On Jun 24, 2023
online4business:

Yes, I have a tinted permit. Btw, tinted permit has been banned for over a year now. The police has no right asking for those anymore. Nonetheless, I own one. And most persons drive tinted for medical reasons.

Secondly, my glasses were down, I wasn’t driving with my glasses up. At night, I barely put up my glasses. They are always down. The problem wasn’t the tinted. They didn’t even ask for my papers. They didn’t ask for anything. I didn’t argue with them. I have a permit! So, what’s your other excuse for them? And why shouldn’t I be able to move around when ever I like?
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me(photo) by wiseone28: 7:46am On Jun 24, 2023
Stop going out at night

(1) (2) (Reply)

Undergraduate Hangs Self In Hotel Room (picture) / (VIDEO) See How Two Good Looking Women Fight Dirty Without Shame In Public / Notorious Armed Robbers/kidnappers Arrested In Imo State With Weapons [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.