Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now (44468 Views)

Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma / White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2023
[quote author=Procashtips post=123997308]

Answer the question first if you can and stop beating around the corner. [/quote)

As far as am concerned you have not asked any question because there's no rationale behind ur laughable question judging With the reality on ground. Better still you can do us a favor by enlightening us about this "objectivity" you talk about
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by easzypeaszy(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2023
samcolee:

How did he marry without any job?
got dropped.. He was working but u kw som jobs don't have career part of future.. Once u leave am OYO is ur case.
Imagine spending 5yrs as a teller by den u are 34yrs..most of dem end up working as Secretary or Cashier in gas stations
Unlike Medical Sales rep for example or driving u cn easily get Anthr job
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Emma4real333(m): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2023
It's really a tough world out there and food in sight. please help a brother

Meanwhile, anyone with driving job in Lagos should help. My license is valid and I reside in Isolo 07049773994
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by cayorday89(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2023
LetsDestroyAPC:

Did he need to go to university and come back to sell palm oil?
What is the big deal there, my mum sold lots of things including palmoil, groundnut oil, cement, provisions, Garri, beans, rice and lots more both in wholesales and retail at one point in time, she has her own building and still earns from her business till now but on a smaller scale cos of age, while my dad who is now retired only earns from his pension and his tenants sef don't pay regularly, my point is him going to school and going into that business should give him an edge, before you lambast me, I worked for about three and half years, lost my job,saved up and I am into the business my mum is doing but on a smaller scale, I can only grow from there with time.

2 Likes

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by iyke648(m): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2023
ahnie:
I have not eaten since Saturday last week cry cry

God please help me.
Ahnie dear stop mocking the poor pls. Let them breath . U that used to post delicacies frequently in the food section
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Loveabove(f): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2023
ekeneokwologu:
Times are really hard. If you are a single mother kind drop Aza.

Good morning sir. Please let me be the one to benefit from you.
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by FireUpNow(m): 10:06am On Jun 24, 2023
55truth:
Nigeria has been turned upside down.

No thanks to Buhari and Tinubu governments
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by grandstar(m): 10:14am On Jun 24, 2023
55truth

I remember buying a Kongo of garri for N2.80 in 1988

1 Like

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by IyanuDeb(f): 10:51am On Jun 24, 2023
ekeneokwologu:
I received an alert of 1k this morning, God continue to bless you and your family sir and and may your business continue to flourish without any confine
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Tonytonex(m): 11:07am On Jun 24, 2023
ahnie:

God please help me.
marry na
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by philexcel(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2023
ahnie:

God please help me.

But u get money to buy data come Nairaland.
Dey play

1 Like

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Procashtips(m): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2023
[quote author=DREAMHOMES6970 post=123998128][/quote]

Then no need quoting me since you don't even understand the reason for the question or maybe answering is going to render your submission useless?
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Procashtips(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2023
Alamcoalamco:

That does not matter, what she was earning is still not commensurate compare to the hipper inflation now.

It matters because you can't assume it was when you don't have the facts.
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by ahnie: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Dreal1247:

No need to check, I have confirmed it on your behalf.
cheesy
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Reflect7: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Procashtips:
How much was she earning then and how much do you earn now?

BEST QUESTION EVER.

Her salary was less than 300 naira a month.

In the 1970s a fairly used VW Beetle cost 400 naira.

1 Like

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by PROPHETmichael: 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
There was never a time garri was cheap in this country because even back then, our mothers were still complaining of high cost of garri in the market.
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Procashtips:

Then no need quoting me since you don't even understand the reason for the question or maybe answering is going to render your submission useless?
Please kindly explain to us the "objectivity" you mean urself cuz to me I see none comparing the cost of living before and now, yet same minimum pay for the masses

Early this year I wanted to get a shuttle bus for someone to ride for me on high purchase, guest what? A shuttle bus is now 2m to 2.2m bcuz of the naira fall to dollar , something that was about #700k or less few years ago. Yet salaries have not increased from that time to now.
I want you to kindly explain this ur "objectivity" to me since I can't. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Procashtips(m): 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
DREAMHOMES6970:

Please kindly explain to us the "objectivity" you mean urself cuz to me I see none comparing the cost of living before and now, yet same minimum pay for the masses

I should explain a question you didn't answer?

1 Like

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Chno: 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2023

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
Procashtips:

I should explain a question you didn't answer?

Lols , you are funny bro. You said we ain't ready for the objectivity and to me I don't see any realistic objectivity as to cost of living before and now am putting it to you to help us out since you asked the question
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
ahnie:

God please help me.

hunger kpai you there
I nor know why Una go dey lienus up and down
you for say you never chow since the start of this month
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by nvdfnvdf: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
Komu1048:

1/2 a plot will give you all you need.

Why don't you pack all your family into cassava farming? Minimal maintenance, so cassava won't require a well aerated fertile land, won't require weeding, won't suffer from rodent attack, won't suffer from dehydration in case there is lack of rain, can’t suffer from termite attack, among others. People should just go to a farm the next thing is they will be settled for life, whereas ur lazy ass have never depend on farming as a sole means of livelihood before.

You don't need to persuade Nigerians into what's lucrative or opportunity. When they see opportunity they can harness they go for it.

For someone with no prior knowledge of farming with no money for basic things, ur sick advise is go and farm. Foooooooool
A leather harness is equipment made from leather that is used to secure or control animals, typically horses or other draft animals. It consists of various straps, buckles, and fittings designed to distribute the weight and pressure evenly across the animal's body.
Leather harnesses https://ioniasports.com/product-category/leather-harness/ have been used for centuries and are still in specific industries, such as agriculture, transportation, and recreational activities like horseback riding. They provide a means for attaching a draft animal to a vehicle or implement, allowing it to pull or carry heavy loads.
In addition to their practical purpose, leather harnesses are also valued for their durability and aesthetic appeal. The craftsmanship involved in creating a well-made harness is highly regarded, and many enthusiasts appreciate leather equipment's traditional and classic look.
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
vickydevoka:
Send me your account number
we way really need the help na no go help us na person way dun already get am na still dey help. God go sha help we way dey struggle to survive
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
Karleb:
Let the poor vote with their senses.
why is it that you take every given opportunity to go hard on the poor
who told you the poor didn't vote with their sense
is it their fault that inec chairman gave us their preferred and selected candidate instead of the people's choice and elected candidate

1 Like

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Karleb(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2023
FREDCLSSICO7:

why is it that you take every given opportunity to go hard on the poor
who told you the poor didn't vote with their sense
is it their fault that inec chairman gave us their preferred and selected candidate instead of the people's choice and elected candidate

When it comes to election, the poor make the most unwise decisions en mass.

You can easily buy their vote or influence them to vote or not to vote for a candidate.

I'm not even talking presidential election here.
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Trustalone(f): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
ekeneokwologu:
please.
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by samcolee(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
easzypeaszy:
got dropped.. He was working but u kw som jobs don't have career part of future.. Once u leave am OYO is ur case.
Imagine spending 5yrs as a teller by den u are 34yrs..most of dem end up working as Secretary or Cashier in gas stations
Unlike Medical Sales rep for example or driving u cn easily get Anthr job

True God will see us through

1 Like

Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by Procashtips(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
DREAMHOMES6970:

Lols , you are funny bro. You said we ain't ready for the objectivity and to me I don't see any realistic objectivity as to cost of living before and now am putting it to you to help us out since you asked the question

You're wasting my time
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by IyanuDeb(f): 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
IyanuDeb:
I received an alert of 1k this morning, God continue to bless you and your family sir and and may your business continue to flourish without any confine
if this money would had been larger, I for don enter trouble like this, this 1k was sent by someone else for something
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by ahnie: 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
FREDCLSSICO7:

we way really need the help na no go help us
na person way dun already get am na still dey help.
God go sha help we way dey struggle to survive
Now I understand why you're always frustrated.

Take heart
Re: Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
Procashtips:

You're wasting my time

Calm down bro.
Is it that you don't have an answer to the question you asked or you don't even understand what you asked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Lady Is Selling Fried Plantain For N4000 On Twitter. Guys React / See The ₦‎200 Cucumber I Bought In Asaba / Need A Full Week Balanced Diet Eating Time Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.