Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying (6939 Views)

Nokia G20 Android 12 Review: So Good, It Feels Like A New Phone / Finally Got My Redmi Note 9s / How I Track My Redmi 7 Stolen Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by wpadmin: 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
I bought the Redmi Note 12 device, used it for about 2 months now. You should read this short review before purchasing the device.

I bought the 8GB Ram and 128GB ROM model.

Here are the problems I'm having with the phone;

Contact Syncing takes time

Syncing contacts from Google takes time. I use the phone for business so I save about 50 contacts per day.

If I save a contact on my phone, the number appears unsaved on WhatsApp. It takes about 3-6 hours for the contacts to sync properly.

Battery life

The battery life is not so great. I have used an Infinix device twice, my Infinix battery lasts more than the Redmi.

I need to charge my device like twice a day.

Real Football lags

I use the device to play Real Football but it lags/cracks while playing. This is the first time I've experienced such.

The Real Football is the only app that hangs or cracks on the device.

Wireless Microphone not working

I bought a K35 wireless Microphone, it did not work on the device but it worked on another device.

More pricey

I got the device for ₦135,000 while an Infinix Hot 30 with 16GB Ram and 128GB ROM is ₦94,000.

What I like about the device

The camera quality is fair.

Fewer ads. Infinix and adverts are like 5 and 6.

This is my first Xiaomi device. I feel they reduced their quality too much while trying to fit into the Nigerian market.

Do you have the device, what do you think about it?

3 Likes

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Wisedove(m): 6:58am On Jun 24, 2023
The redmi note 12 is just a trash of a phone honestly.

I used redmi note 7, note 10 and note 12.
I so much enjoyed redmi note 7 more than any of them in terms of quality and functionality.

6 Likes

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Kriss100: 7:09am On Jun 24, 2023
Walai Redmi na trash these days..my own note 10 pro camera just stop to dy work
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by ericiland: 10:52am On Jun 24, 2023
wpadmin:
I bought the Redmi Note 12 device, used it for about 2 months now. You should read this short review before purchasing the device.

I bought the 8GB Ram and 128GB ROM model.

Here are the problems I'm having with the phone;

Contact Syncing takes time

Syncing contacts from Google takes time. I use the phone for business so I save about 50 contacts per day.

If I save a contact on my phone, the number appears unsaved on WhatsApp. It takes about 3-6 hours for the contacts to sync properly.

Battery life

The battery life is not so great. I have used an Infinix device twice, my Infinix battery lasts more than the Redmi.

I need to charge my device like twice a day.

Real Football lags

I use the device to play Real Football but it lags/cracks while playing. This is the first time I've experienced such.

The Real Football is the only app that hangs or cracks on the device.

Wireless Microphone not working

I bought a K35 wireless Microphone, it did not work on the device but it worked on another device.

More pricey

I got the device for ₦135,000 while an Infinix Hot 30 with 16GB Ram and 128GB ROM is ₦94,000.

What I like about the device

The camera quality is fair.

Fewer ads. Infinix and adverts are like 5 and 6.

This is my first Xiaomi device. I feel they reduced their quality too much while trying to fit into the Nigerian market.

Do you have the device, what do you think about it?

You must have brought a fake note 12. Am currently using a Redmi note 12, 8/128 as yours. I have no witness any of the issues you raised. It's over two months I have been using it.
I am a heavy user, just one charge takes me all through the day

I play PubG seamlessly unlike when I was using infinix with lots of lag.... This phone has never lag nor freezes.
My contact synchronization works perfectly well with my Gmail n WhatsApp.
The b3 life is great, with the 33w charger, takes about an hour and 10mins to get full from one percent.

It also works perfectly well with my wireless microphone for my video shoots.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by ikennamadu1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
ericiland:

You must have brought a fake note 12. Am currently using a Redmi note 12, 8/128 as yours. I have no witness any of the issues you raised. It's over two months I have been using it.

I play PubG seamlessly unlike when I was using infinix with lots of lag.... This phone has never lag nor freezes.
The b3 life is great, with the 33w charger, takes about an hour and 10mins to get full from one percent.

Don't mind them.. They will just come and discredit another brand.. If you check well now .. He is using an infinix smart 7 to type that trash..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by ipobarecriminals: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
cool grin sad cheesy Fighting between inflict grin and Redmi user cool.Who win sad?
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by HappenStone: 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
ericiland:

Does yours have Second Space feature?
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by HappenStone: 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
wpadmin, does the phone have Second Space?
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by wpadmin: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
ericiland:

It's not a fake device bro. I sent a mail with my issues to Xiaomi support and they said I should download the latest miui update, which I did but the problem persists.

If the phone was fake, they would have told me it was fake.

1 Like

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by wpadmin: 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
HappenStone:
wpadmin, does the phone have Second Space?

Do you mean a memory card slot? If yes, it does.
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by HappenStone: 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
wpadmin:

Do you mean a memory card slot? If yes, it does.

Not that. Second Space is under "Special Features" in settings. It allows another user/account to sign into the phone. It works the same way that multiple users or accounts can use a single laptop device.
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by ericiland: 10:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
HappenStone:

Does yours have Second Space feature?

Yes it does
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by wpadmin: 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
ericiland:

Yes it does

Where can I access that?
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by ericiland: 11:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
[quote author=wpadmin post=124016600]

Where can I access that?[/quote

Open settings, click on additional settings, scrow down, you will see SECOND SPACE
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by wpadmin: 2:08am On Jun 25, 2023
ericiland:
Open settings, click on additional settings, scrow down, you will see SECOND SPACE

Seen it. Didn't know that feature was there. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by ericiland: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2023
wpadmin:

Seen it. Didn't know that feature was there. Thanks for sharing.

You re most welcome
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Eyanbahose: 7:05am On Jun 25, 2023
Not all that glitters are gold
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Eyanbahose: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2023
Wisedove:

I so much enjoyed redmi note 7 more than any of them in terms of quality and functionality.

Note 7 and 8 are great but from 10 upwards is just thrash.

Reasons why I had to use TECNO for peace of mind abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by phr0nesis(m): 10:44am On Jun 25, 2023
Eyanbahose:
Note 7 and 8 are great but from 10 upwards is just thrash.

Reasons why I had to use TECNO for peace of mind abeg
Tecno and peace of mind cannot be used in the same sentence

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Eyanbahose: 11:54am On Jun 25, 2023
phr0nesis:

Tecno and peace of mind cannot be used in the same sentence
says who? Do you have any first hand experience or just a mere hearsay from this forum?

1 Like

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by phr0nesis(m): 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Eyanbahose:
says who? Do you have any first hand experience or just a mere hearsay from this forum?
Highest level of first hand experience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by shedy03(m): 12:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Wisedove:

You are right about Redmi note 7.
My Redmi note 7pro is 3yrs now, and still counting. And am not thinking of dropping it as it's still functioning like new.
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Eyanbahose: 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
phr0nesis:

Highest level of first hand experience.
which one of the device have you used?
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by phr0nesis(m): 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
Eyanbahose:
which one of the device have you used?
The last time I used a Tecno phone was January 2020, but before then, I had a Tecno W5 around late 2017. I enjoyed the phone, but one year later, the charging port developed issues. I got it fixed but the repairer ended up spoiling the network. Getting signals became a problem. I sold it and got another one (Tecno pouvoir 1 or 2, I can't really remember). I used it for a year and 2 months before it began to overheat. Overheating damaged the battery and that was it for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Eyanbahose: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
phr0nesis:

The last time I used a Tecno phone was January 2020, but before then, I had a Tecno W5 around late 2017. I enjoyed the phone, but one year later, the charging port developed issues. I got it fixed but the repairer ended up spoiling the network. Getting signals became a problem. I sold it and got another one (Tecno pouvoir 1 or 2, I can't really remember). I used it for a year and 2 months before it began to overheat. Overheating damaged the battery and that was it for me
thats like years ago. They've don't lots of improvement on their devices o. I've used the Camon 18 and it was super lit
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Cheezzyy: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
phr0nesis:

I’m not sure it’s the same with their recent phones
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by phr0nesis(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
Cheezzyy:
I’m not sure it’s the same with their recent phones
Tecno already left a bitter taste in my mouth, and considering the fact that I have been exposed to a better mobile experience, I don't see myself returning back to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Wisedove(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2023
shedy03:

You are right about Redmi note 7.
My Redmi note 7pro is 3yrs now, and still counting. And am not thinking of dropping it as it's still functioning like new.
My redmi note 7 is 5 years old and counting, the battery is faulty and cannot find replacement battery that was why I stopped using it.

I used to boost of the camera on my note 7(gcam).

G cam self is not working on this note 12, it is full of glitches
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by shedy03(m): 10:33am On Jun 26, 2023
Wisedove:

My redmi note 7 is 5 years old and counting, the battery is faulty and cannot find replacement battery that was why I stopped using it.

I used to boost of the camera on my note 7(gcam).

G cam self is not working on this note 12, it is full of glitches
Sorry about your battery, did you check on AliExpress?
Even without Gcam, my camera is superb.
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Wisedove(m): 10:57am On Jun 26, 2023
shedy03:

Sorry about your battery, did you check on AliExpress?
Even without Gcam, my camera is superb.

It's available on aliexpress, but the price is above the international policy implemented last year (any transactions above 10k can not be made using naira card)
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by shedy03(m): 11:37am On Jun 26, 2023
Wisedove:

It's available on aliexpress, but the price is above the international policy implemented last year (any transactions above 10k can not be made using naira card)
Explore chipper cash or klasha apps, you may find it useful.
Re: My Redmi Note 12 Review: Read Before Buying by Wisedove(m): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
shedy03:

Explore chipper cash or klasha apps, you may find it useful.

Okay bro thanks so much.
I will look into it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etisalat. Sorry, Operation Has Failed, Please Try Again Later. thank you / Best Android Phones To Buy Between #28,000 And #35,000 - A Must Read(pics) / List Of Infinix Phones To Receive Android 10 Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.