Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME (23583 Views)

Top Ten Universities Chosen By Candidates During The 2023 UTME / JAMB Proposes Use Of Mobile Phone For UTME / JAMB Proposes 2018 UTME Form Price And Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by PussyKing(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
Sunshine37:

For them to propose this, they already have plans for such things

If you minimise you can't login again grin
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Okporiaku: 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
geunik:
Nice concept. The app will be designed in such a way that you can't access any other appp throughout the period of use

Its not possible to make such an app unless its jamb that built the phone to be used
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by ugofulfilled(m): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
BYOD is a welcome development. But why are they lowering the bar in terms of tolerable score?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by nnamdi640: 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Paying those centers used for jamb exam is now becoming a problem to jamb, soon from the use of phone to indoor exam where students will be asked to write the exam at home

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by NobleSeed(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2023
them dey put head for ground use am?
Quote me again when this so called thoughts from jamb materialze
I will show you how to used it.
Segzy19:
Una go just dey shout wetin u no sabi...
U Sabi use chatgpt sef?
So you think Jamb will be so dumb that they haven't thought of such ?

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Amforeal: 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2023
I scored 179. First choice was Uniuyo to study Education and English Language. But the cut off mark for uniuyo na 180.
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Rilley(m): 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
NobleSeed:
chatGPT
If you know you know grin grin
cheesy
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
NobleSeed:
chatGPT
If you know you know grin grin
Won't work. The update on exams now is, text protection, that's, you won't be able to highlight text to copy it. Secondly, once your exam Tab is minimized, when you get back at it, it will refresh and start afresh with the time continue reading. Remember you have limited time.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Daneto: 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
I believe the design will be in a way where by when u exit d app it will require a password from jamb portal to for u to continue. By the time u are unable to get password on time and inventually u login, then u discover dat u have just few minutes. I believe u will arrive at a conclusion dat exiting the app for whatever reason is a bad idea.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Daughterboard(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
The Federal Polytechnic Ede is the first tertiary institution to conduct Semester Examinations on Mobile Devices (Mobile CBE on iOS and iPhone).

https://www.nairaland.com/7549900/ede-poly-commences-computer-based#120545886
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by NobleSeed(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
when I meant chatGPT does not necessarily mean using same phone na.
I don't want to divulge the way this stuff can actually work, so that it won't sounds as if I'm aiding malpractice.
Make we just rest
SsweetAnn:

Won't work. The update on exams now is, text protection, that's, you won't be able to highlight text to copy it. Secondly, once your exam Tab is minimized, when you get back at it, it will refresh and start afresh with the time continue reading. Remember you have limited time.
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by NobleSeed(m): 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
there's an AI app I have you don't need to type, just read the question audibly it will give you the answer.
If chatGPT no fast apps dey way go run am
We shal rest.
ConsciousMan01:

using gpt won't be easy because of the time factor.
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by eedimo(m): 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
nasirujj:

What if I'm using two phones
Multiple phones will definitely be restricted.
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by chaseblack(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
Goldbw122:

The student will rephrase every sentence if they have wisdom.

Jamb exam is typically 30secs per question, how long will it take you to type each questions? Time isn't on your side that
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
Carmall:
Na to come with two devices grin
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by FullBlastLight: 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
Victoxy:
Universities,140?. This is ludicrous

Take it or leave it, it's a Northern Agenda!

Those guys up North are finding it difficult meeting up wit 200 & abv cut-off marks, unlike their Southern counterparts!

So, they hv 2 practically watered everytin down, so as 2 enable their lots 2 meet up, anyhow!
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by FullBlastLight: 5:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
4labi1:
This is just a rubish development... How is 140 over 400 a good score. 180 was me trying to understand 140 is an insult on people intelligence level.

It's a Northern Agenda!

If u know, u know!

Majority of them can't compete wit their Southern counterparts in meeting up wit over 200 marks 2 gain admission 4 their respective courses!

So, they hv 2 shrewdly lower d standard in order 2 admit/accommodate lots of them!

Use ur tongue 2 count ur teeth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by guru90: 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2023
This people wanna kill computer business center and jamb cbt center......
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by ajepako(f): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Las las ajepako go gain admission into the university be dat

I gained university admission in 1996

When Dem still dey baff you inside baff

Werey Akure tongue
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Emmaomotob(m): 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
4labi1:
This is just a rubish development... How is 140 over 400 a good score. 180 was me trying to understand 140 is an insult on people intelligence level.
That is what you get from intensive lobbying of private institutions. Nevertheless, it allows people to be done with time consuming and generally pointless tertiary education and face life. The job market will do the sieving. It's not as if exceptional graduates were produced when it was 180...look at your grammar for example.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by wisz1(m): 6:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
Okporiaku:

It's not possible to make such an app unless it's a jamb that built the phone to be used
nothing is impossible bro. It's just a matter of advance permission setting on your Android phone e. g" allow display over other apps"

If you can remember, previously ,other android version does not allow you to minimise your incoming calls. That's , when incoming calls come, they take over your entire phone screen. The jamb utme app can be programmed that way with the camera on during the exam to monitor your activities.

My observation thou.
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Okporiaku: 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
wisz1:
nothing is impossible bro. It's just a matter of advance permission setting on your Android phone e. g" allow display over other apps"

If you can remember, previously ,other android version does not allow you to minimise your incoming calls. That's , when incoming calls come, they take over your entire phone screen. The jamb utme app can be programmed that way with the camera on during the exam to monitor your activities.

My observation thou.

And I'm telling you that its not possible
I'm an Android developer and its impossible for Google to have such feature available for us developers to exploit
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by JimmySwaggart(m): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2023
With universities set at 140, our institutions of learning will become a den of all sort of cultists.
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by geunik(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
Okporiaku:

Its not possible to make such an app unless its jamb that built the phone to be used
But there is an app that can see your screen. They can use that
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Okporiaku: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
geunik:

But there is an app that can see your screen. They can use that
Possible but that doesn't stop your friend from using his phone to Google the answer of the question
Also its expensive and data intensive to upload real time footage of screen recording, I don't think this is a viable approach
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by geunik(m): 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
Okporiaku:

Possible but that doesn't stop your friend from using his phone to Google the answer of the question
Also its expensive and data intensive to upload real time footage of screen recording, I don't think this is a viable approach
May not be in your house but in a hall. Exam hall
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by BluntCrazeMan: 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
But cannot be used for ORDINARY VOTING.??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by EbiJUNIRO(m): 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
Long overdue.

Many candidates are without ICT knowledge on using a Desktop 🖥️ or even laptop
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Enemyofpeace: 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
ajepako:

I gained university admission in 1996

When Dem still dey baff you inside baff

Werey Akure tongue
yinmu! Dey there dey lie to seun for nairaland
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by Jackossky(m): 12:17am On Jun 25, 2023
4labi1:

As if you had 300 during your time shocked
Re: JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:15am On Jun 25, 2023
kowema:
Tuition fee about to go up.
Naturally people would be discouraged hence they are putting structures in place to ensure they get patronage at schools
As guys, get a loan and pay back till 50years.
As ladies or girls - get paying boy friend not all these free to air boys in the name of sweet mouth to settle the tuition.

Simple, next matter pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kings College Student Visit Water-falls And Cave In Anambra State- PIX / Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student / Namtira Bwala: Bullied Lead British School Student Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.