Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply (3977 Views)

Lagos Targets 24-hour Transport System / Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos / Ogun State Targets N10b Monthly Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by PointB: 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
24-hour power supply is our target -Amaechi

Monday, October 3, 2011

Rivers State governor, Rt HonourableChibuike Amaechi, has said the plan and target of his administration is to have 24 hours power supply in the state by December of 2012.

Amaechi spoke at the 2011 edition of the Nigeria Independence Anniversary Celebration (NIAC) night organised by the Shell Club, Port Harcourt, at the weekend.

He expressed confidence that, although, the power problem could not be fixed in a hurry, his administration would achieve the goal within the set time.

The governor expressed confidence in his administration's ability to deliver on this target considering what the state was doing in both the new Afam power plants and Eleme power plant.

"You know the power problem cannot be addressed overnight, but once our Independent power projects come on stream, power outage will be a thing of the past," he said.

Amaechi further stated that, by January next year, about seven of the ongoing major roads and flyovers under construction in Port Harcourt, would be completed and open to traffic.

The projects include the Ken Saro-Wiwa/Stadium Road, Chief G.U Ake Road, Olu-Obasanjo Road, Obiri Ikwerre/East-West flyover and interchange, Choba/NTA Road and the Ikwerre Road-Agip Junction flyover, among others.

He also hinted of plans to construct and reconstruct roads in Oyigbo. "As soon as the rain stops, we will do the roads in Oyigbo and fix the major roads in the area," he said.

Governor Amaechi, who used the event to list the strides of his administration, remarked that he had embarked on massive road constructions all over the state.

He reiterated his administration's strides to improve security in the State, hence the success of the 17th National Sports Festival now adjudged as one the best in the history of the event in the country.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/oct/3/606.html
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by seanet02: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
When you have not reahed 5 hour?
Olodo
where is the Mono rail?
all na we go do am
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Okijajuju1(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2011
seanet02:

Olodo
where is the Mono rail?
all na we go do am

What is this fish pie talking about?
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Kesmakveli(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2011
May GOD help him to achieve his goals, LONG LIVE AFRICA!, LONG LIVE NIGERIA! LONG LIVE RIVERS STATE. We serve grin
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Oct 04, 2011
The same thing Odili promised. He squandered billions on power projects that didn't yield any result. I hope this time it will be different.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by okpurukata(f): 10:25am On Oct 04, 2011
Amechi has simply relaxed since this second tenure. This promise of electricity has been on since the Odili days. 5 years after Odilli the promises continue to queue up on each other. Almost all the roads in PH are impassable. Going to work daily and coming back home is a daunting task in Ph. I tire.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by mamosville(m): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2011
;d ;d
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by amaechijay: 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
OK ooo!

He said he is waiting for dry season to set in to complete the roads. October is here and it is the beginningof dry season abi?

We, PH residents spend our resting hours on the road and only reach our houses when we are half-way asleep. We sleep and wake up in darkness.

Yet we pay taxes, Its appalling
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by maasoap(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2011
What rubbi.sh was he talking about? I've spent 45 days in Bori with less than 12 hours of electricity supply in the entire period.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by maasoap(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2011
What rubbi.sh was he talking about? I've spent 45 days in Bori with less than 12 hours of electricity supply in the entire period.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by otokx(m): 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2011
AMAECHI should try and talk less; we the people are suffering, no electricity, no road in Port Harcourt.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by zeal500: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
Amaechi is a big disgrace to all persons dt live n do buisness in Rivers State
A man dt hv gone to sleep who cud not even fix anything
Haba!!!!!
Talking abi joking!!!!!!!!!
Saw him flying out yesterday evening and enjoying whereas his pple suffer
Oh Amaechi if u r one of us here on Nairaland wt a pseudo name, here me today u r fast losing any atom of good name u hv ever made cos listening to u dt 9t at Niac u cud hv seen d faces of pple u where addressing,
liar!!!!!lies>>>>>lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abeg sit up n stop foling ur self jor
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2011
See as Rivers residents dey complain

Ahh ahhh I thought they said Amaechi was a performing governor

Ok Performing on the lips of NL propaganda machines.

I laff in Chibuike
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Iniobon(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2011
Let give us atleast 1min a day first before targetting 24hrs a day. A bird at hand wards two in the bush.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Spyker: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
It seems Rivers people are just waking up, they are yet to realize that this man Amaechi does not have a programme or Agenda for the state. His first tenure was a blank copy of Omehia's programme yet he failed to execute them, his second tenure is a complete fallacy, no agenda, no destination, just a tenure for piling up huge debt under the cover of projects.
Now it is my time to laugh or should I weep?
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by otokx(m): 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2011
The University of Port Harcourt students had to demonstrate today before NEPA restored electricity; these are students that begin semester examinations next week - no light, no water.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by philip0906(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2011
seanet02:

Olodo
where is the Mono rail?
all na we go do am

i am not supporting amaechi,but i find your comment funny. . .If na sey na Fashola talk am,we no go hear word.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by seanet02: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2011
philip0906:

i am not supporting amaechi,but i find your comment funny. . .If na sey na Fashola talk am,we no go hear word.
when Fashola has already achieved 24 hours Electricity for some part of Lagos Island hum abi you never hear say twenty streets in Island now dey enjoy electricity more than Jonathan?
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Phboy1(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2011
Port Harcort is in mess, I spent nearly 5 hours in East/west road for a 3km drive, I can't imagine the Govt telling people to wait for the rains to go before a simply pot-hole can be filled, I'm beginning to think that Odili was a better Governor that Amaechi,
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by otokx(m): 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
Lets me play the lawyer - East - West road is a federal road
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by ojdollars(m): 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2011
zeal500:

Amaechi is a big disgrace to all persons dt live n do buisness in Rivers State
A man dt hv gone to sleep who cud not even fix anything
Haba!!!!!
Talking abi joking!!!!!!!!!
Saw him flying out yesterday evening and enjoying whereas his pple suffer
Oh Amaechi if u r one of us here on Nairaland wt a pseudo name, here me today u r fast losing any atom of good name u hv ever made cos listening to u dt 9t at Niac u cud hv seen d faces of pple u where addressing,
liar!!!!!lies>>>>>lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abeg sit up n stop foling your self jor

@zeal500 , Hahaahaha, laugh wan kill person here. Shuo, Amaechi did not perform in His first tenure and you people voted for him again? I thought I read where people on the forum here were comparing Amaechi and Fashola? Zeal, which of your road is bad? I can send some already bad one's here from Delta to you, and if we join them together, it would be equal to The Worst. If you think Amaechi is bad, then try Uduaghan in Delta State.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Beaf: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2011
^
Lol! Uduaghan is bad, [size=14pt]but try Aregbesola![/size]
That guy has broken all records for ineptitude. He is the governor of Osun, but he lives in Lagos! Na wa!
Thats whats called, phucking useless.
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by dayokanu(m): 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^ Bros I heard delta State is now an aquarium

Make we do business na, As in you be indigene Lets use your family house for a water parks or supply ppl with Speedboats and canoe.

We can make more money than you make from licking Odechukwu Retardeens balls, Its not a dignifying job for a man you know
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Beaf: 11:56pm On Oct 04, 2011
^
The only states more developed than Delta are Lagos and Rivers. So if you abuse Delta state, ain't you saying your state is really like a zoo then? grin grin grin grin
This is the map of GDP (PPP) in Nigeria. It shows the relative wealth of the various states outside of oil. You see where Delta is? Lol!

Fool.

Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by dayokanu(m): 12:18am On Oct 05, 2011
Thank God for the information My State is in Purple, Deep purple for that matter. Only 2 States are better than mine even without Osho free awoof oil.

The only state without Oshofree Awoof oyel and never enjoyed Federal capital Statuzzzzzzzzz

Egbon mi ewon eleyi won razist gaan oooo

And who dey talk GDP? We dey talk make we do business as in paddy paddy "consign"

Make we dey run boat Shuttle over supposed highways in Asaba and Warri you dey yarn plenty

If I carry dat "propozal" enter Alaba or Aba and one Nna bros hijack am you don short be dat

You cant be licking Odechukwu Retardeens as5 forever, You can make a decent living without the stench in your mouth and throat

Have a water parks at home, and run a boat shuttle.

2 to beat 1 You don hammer. Walahi Hummer go fit you oooo
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Beaf: 12:37am On Oct 05, 2011
^
Why don't I give you the money to start a business setting traps to catch monkeys in your forest state instead? grin
I hear that bushmeat can be caught in the middle of your state capital.

Pesin back go broke wit laf o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by dayokanu(m): 12:42am On Oct 05, 2011
Yesss ooooooo Forest State with such high GDP without awoof oyeeel

We dey join you dey lafff ooooooo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Bros no be laff matter, We suppose take advantage of DELTA Aquariums located on major Highways in Asaba, Ugheilli, Warri and Agbor
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Beaf: 12:49am On Oct 05, 2011
That map is not about oil, fool, or Bayelsa would have been number one. So what about the business to catch gorilla's in your state capital?
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by dayokanu(m): 12:54am On Oct 05, 2011
Brosss eeeee Urhobo waadobo

Why your blood dey hot, Go and take a swim hinside Uduaghan Aquariums It can be found on any major highway in Delta State

Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by Beaf: 1:18am On Oct 05, 2011
You're not even serious with your life. Your mates back home are catching various kinds of wild animals to sell along the express way and you're here jonsing! cry cry cry

Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by markbent: 4:43am On Oct 05, 2011
any body wants to school in malaysia? contact me here: madoxd@yahoo.com. u do not have to go to
uk, to have uk degree. u can get uk degree right in malaysia.
the education is here in malaysia is affordable compare to uk cost. if u do not have money to go uk for ur degree or masters
programme, u can afford that of malaysia.
i am currently studying in malaysia .
Re: Rivers State Targets 24-hour Power Supply by mrkoma2012: 5:44am On Oct 05, 2011
An excuse to load up his bank balance b4 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Next President Should Be A Rascal? / When Was Nigeria Given Her Name? / Is This Picture Of Gej's Train Really True Or It Was Photoshoped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.