Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM (4962 Views)

Google Pixel 4 Finally Loses The ''RAM OPTIMIZATION'' War! Apple Iphone 11 Wins! / Expand The RAM Of Your Smartphone / Increase The Ram Of Your Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDbiF5nMnoM

I have already done a video on why Extended RAM is a scam. Please you can check it out too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhHxTyt_TQo

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by DesChyko: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
KingOfPunters87:
Hello everyone

It’s actually for payment after you win.
Because i also get the game from a source.

The odds is just 3 odds, but it’s guarantee 100% winning and it’s always a sure game.

Contact me on whatsApp with the number below if you’re interested

+1 347 503-4094

What is the game RAM Size?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by lascos912(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
but this one wey you do now no be scam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by Natbrowny: 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
Its sallah period. I thought it was the other ram. grin grin cheesy.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
DesChyko:

Lol you really get e time oh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
Natbrowny:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by Benjaniblinks(m): 12:54am On Jun 25, 2023
In One of the thread here, one ediot is bragging to sell a clone iPhone14promax with 2013 Mt6582 chipset angry that it possesses 512gb ROM and 12gb ram. angry
https://www.nairaland.com/7713370/iphone-14-pro-max-android/1#123996847

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by Krak(m): 1:02am On Jun 25, 2023
atheistandproud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDbiF5nMnoM

Your threads should be making it to the frontpage on a regular. I wonder why they are not, because these are useful mind-opening info you keep dishing out.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by Ejebleje: 3:34am On Jun 25, 2023
Very nice video.
For seemingly cliched topics like this one,don't really like to address them because people like to believe what they believe not knowing they've been conditioned to.
I think the real modern day scam is with O.E.Ms and the likes not giving sufficient long term software support to mobile phones,even in the face of shrinking global economy. For crying out loud, even in the developed economies,people don't see the need to have the latest phone every year ,with similar functions give or take.

I recently was to give advice to someone who had cash for a new budget phone but was drawn to the tested and trusted but used ones. I had to dissuade him from the latter because of the above stated fact;the phone will be starved of software support and relevance by O.E.Ms and while the budget phone sees him through at least 3 to 4 years of use.

How about lack of hardware support? I guess it is to the advantage of the smaller players,but I wish it weren't so.

3 Likes

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by Jerrywhite77: 3:34am On Jun 25, 2023
DesChyko:

3gb grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by skywalker240(m): 5:12am On Jun 25, 2023
DesChyko:

grin grin grin grin

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£
Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by skywalker240(m): 5:14am On Jun 25, 2023
Natbrowny:

grin grin grin

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

No kill person abeg πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by skywalker240(m): 5:17am On Jun 25, 2023
Krak:

Your threads should be making it to the frontpage on a regular. I wonder why they are not, because these are useful mind-opening info you keep dishing out.
Mynd 419 would rather move BBnaija instead of an educational thread

5 Likes

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 5:25am On Jun 25, 2023
Krak:

I no get brown envelope that's why πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 5:39am On Jun 25, 2023
Ejebleje:
Very nice video.
For seemingly cliched topics like this one,don't really like to address them because people like to believe what they believe not knowing they've been conditioned to.
I think the real modern day scam is with O.E.Ms and the likes not giving sufficient long term software support to mobile phones,even in the face of shrinking global economy. For crying out loud, even in the developed economies,people don't see the need to have the latest phone every year ,with similar functions give or take.

I recently was to give advice to someone who had cash for a new budget phone but was drawn to the tested and trusted but used ones. I had to dissuade him from the latter because of the above stated fact;the phone will be starved of software support and relevance by O.E.Ms and while the budget phone sees him through at least 3 to 4 years of use.

How about lack of hardware support? I guess it is to the advantage of the smaller players,but I wish it weren't so.

I very much agree with you.

Software support is important but it is only important after buying the phone and not before.

These tricks like packing a lot of RAM into a device that won't use more than 4GB is how they get people into the door. Then as soon as you buy, you're on your own oh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Till I started using Xiaomi, if a new Android update came out, I had to buy a new phone, from P3 to W3 to L9+ to Pouvoir 2. Why? No software support.

Na RN9 pro I dey use since 2020 and I have MIUI 14 with Android 12. The day our family members at Transsion manage to support their phones at least for one year, they'll advertise it as a spec the way that they carry that inept Carlcare for head.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by Jeffy1206(m): 6:00am On Jun 25, 2023
Na tecno and infinix de use am deceive their timid fans o. They will boldly write 12gb ram on the box as if it's real. πŸ˜’πŸ€”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 6:10am On Jun 25, 2023
Jeffy1206:
Na tecno and infinix de use am deceive their timid fans o. They will boldly write 12gb ram on the box as if it's real. πŸ˜’πŸ€”

Meanwhile it's just 6GB RAM or even 4GB RAM with extras.

At least Itel was honest by adding asterisk ✳️ to their 16GB RAM claim but my fellow Countrymen and women will never read the footnotes.

Extended RAM doesn't add to the main RAM. You can't run apps off the extended RAM. It doesn't even help with active multitasking, only passively.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by ikennamadu1(m): 7:44am On Jun 25, 2023
atheistandproud:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Atheist why are you avoiding Islam in your bashing Spree abi you dey fear make them no cut your head and give it to Mr moh
Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2023
ikennamadu1:

Atheist why are you avoiding Islam in your bashing Spree abi you dey fear make them no cut your head and give it to Mr moh

This is not a religious thread. Thank you.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 8:40am On Jun 25, 2023
Amipsicam:
[/color]

Honsule

Rule 1,6,7,8,11,13,16,18

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by austenzydrm3: 8:51am On Jun 25, 2023
Vital educative video ...hmmm I am more smarter now

1 Like

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by udemzyudex(m): 8:59am On Jun 25, 2023
I feel it's only a noob that will believe having more RAM without even considering the Soc means the phone is great.

And the extended RAM thing to me has been a scam,I remember when I was using the Redmi note 8 ,I didn't notice any difference at all when turn on.

3 Likes

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 9:01am On Jun 25, 2023
udemzyudex:
I feel it's only a noob that will believe having more RAM without even considering the Soc means the phone is great.

Bro, from my experience, roughly 85% of 200 million Nigerians are noobs!!!

And the extended RAM thing to me has been a scam,I remember when I was using the Redmi note 8 ,I didn't notice any difference at all when turn on.

Mine is always turned off. If you have 4GB+ then don't bother with it. Na 3 to 1GB phones na need am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 9:04am On Jun 25, 2023
austenzydrm3:
Vital educative video ...hmmm I am more smarter now

Great. Cheers πŸ₯‚
Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by ItisWell22(f): 9:12am On Jun 25, 2023
It was worth watching.

I’ve learnt 1 today.

Weldone… πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 9:21am On Jun 25, 2023
ItisWell22:
It was worth watching.

I’ve learnt 1 today.

Weldone… πŸ‘

Thank you grin grin grin
Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by atheistandproud(m): 9:25am On Jun 25, 2023
Benjaniblinks:
In One of the thread here, one ediot is bragging to sell a clone iPhone14promax with 2013 Mt6582 chipset angry that it possesses 512gb ROM and 12gb ram. angry
https://www.nairaland.com/7713370/iphone-14-pro-max-android/1#123996847

That 12GB RAM is actually 2GB RAM. Na the Linux Kernel them take go use software rewrite am to 12GB πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I don't know if you remember about over a decade ago when 8GB was like the biggest memory card then. People go dey sell fake 8GB cards that were actually 2GB or even 1.5GB. Na software tricks.

Anyone who buys that phone deserves whatever they get.

4 Likes

Re: The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM by Hardey33: 9:33am On Jun 25, 2023
atheistandproud:

I no get brown envelope that's why πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Buy one bro grin grin
Nah #100 for bookshop

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My Brother Has Been Scammed / Pls How Much Is Android Z9 Kimfly Company (china ) / Most Recommended Phone With 4G LTE And 2gb Or 3gb Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.