Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,501 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse (9842 Views)

Mob Killed And Burnt Barber In Abuja Over N10 (photo) / Woman Poisoned Cousin’s Fufu That She Wanted To Sell In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by Rastamann: 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
Boko Haram at work! May her soul rest in pieces, Amin.
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by violent(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2011
@violent, you have choice now. You can decide to kill hundreds and get away with it (or even ends up collecting monthly allowee) or, kill your son and get death sentence. I wonder why anybody would be showing sympathy towards people that have no regards for the right of others to live. At least, this judgement is better than that of last week's execution of black American guy.

I'm not making a position on the whether or not the death sentence handed to her is Just, my point is that the Justice system that punishes one and rewards others who the government is incapable of apprehending is nothing but a big joke.  The fact that people hail such a system makes you all look really sick in the head!

What makes it even worse? . . .the way and manner in which investigations are conducted in this country is crude and far beyond archaic!  The Judge relied on what he called a confessional statement from the woman in his ruling; no other evidence was examined, not a single witness, no DNA results proved that the boy was indeed poisoned, no camera footage or video makes the accused person guilty without doubt, not a single medical evidence was mentioned on the woman's state of mind. . . .to the Judge, her confessional statement was proof enough that she committed the crime and for that, she was handed the capital punishment.

Anyone who has had one thing or the other to do with Police would know that the Police can obtain any statement they wish to from an accused person and they wouldn't spare any effort in breaking every single human right law known to man, in obtaining such information.  I have witnessed a situation in a Police station where an accused was beaten blue black and tortured with a boiling ring, just because he held on to a version of a story which was not good enough for the Investigating officer.  The dude in mention was told to write a confessional statement that he was part of a robbery gang, even though he was arrested for traffic offense.

I am all for Capital Punishment if indeed it has been proven without doubt that the accused in mention committed the offense. . .but a Justice system that makes use of confessional statement that more likely than not has been obtained under duress, in delivering a Judgement, as irreversible as Capital Punishment, is pathetic and laughable!

and even the press makes such pathetic statements as this. . . .

She must have killed the boy because of the trauma she passed in the hand of the unknown military man.

. . .  .again, no facts, merely conjectures!. . .the writer may be a drunk, who knows, all sorts of beer parlour rumors flying up and down the place, and being released for consumption by the public. . . .  ., and boy, here's the NLs public swallowing hook, line sinker; with some calling for her head on a wooden stake!
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by siobahn: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2011
Na wa o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad
This world is coming to an end!
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by atasteve: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2011
Is she the real mother of the boy?

Because I know about parent-children love, it is so strong that parents can do anything for their children.
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
Kill one person and you risk being sentenced to death by hanging.

Kill thousands of people, evade the laughable security apparatus of the government, kill hundreds of more people, threaten the President, blow up the Police headquarters, blow up the United Nations building,. . . .and you might still end up getting Amnesty plus other mouth watering offers for life!

. . . .and then you wonder where Justice truly lies!

Borrowing your quote this is superb
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by anthoniaz(f): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2011
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2011
what a hash judgement!

whatever happened to insanity! Cant you folks see that this woman is suffering from trauma?? She said the father of the boy is a soldier!

HELLOOOOO! isn't this A CASE OF RA-PE TRAUMA!

THIS WOMAN MAY HAVE BEEN RA-PED BY A SOLDIER AND SHE ENDED UP PREGNANT AND ANY TIME SHE LOOKED AT THE BOY, HE REMINDS HER OF THE PAINS, DEGRADATION AND PURE MADNESS THAT THE FATHER METED ON HER!

WAS THIS WOMAN TAKEN TO A HOSPITAL FOR TOTAL PSYCHIATRIC ANALYSIS? FOR A WOMAN TO KILL HER CHILD AND SET HIM ABLAZE SHOWS THAT SHE IS GOING THRU MENTAL PAINS!

FOR HER TO CONFESS HER CRIME SHOWS THAT SHE IS NOT MENTALLY STABLE!

NO LAWYER TO PLEAD HER CASE CAUSE SHE IS NOT A MILLIONAIRE!

VERY SAD! cry cry

IF ONLY WE TRULY UNDERSTAND THE AFTER EFFECT OF R-APE!

1 Like

Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by cinzo: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2011
I hope if the court kills her they will take care of her other children!
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by shumno(f): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2011
Unbelievable [table][/table]
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by Rafaell(m): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2011
Please, she is only emulating her GOD, who nailed his own son to the cross to WASH away the sins of the world.
If God could do it. . . .why not Mrs. E-M-M-A?
I wonder what the other Christians of the world are waiting for. Grin

Welcome to the religion of awon 'BLOOD OF THE LAMB'! Wink

Psychos!

@BootyOnMe, beware hw U go about blaspheming. The wrath of God might soon come down on U, & real hard for that matter.
Repent now & confess ur sins, so U can be saved now
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by NET1(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2011
I support the death penalty in this case, but my question is: Are there not other worse criminals who have (with impunity) dared the law and still go about freely? If this woman deserves to die (as believe), what happens to the Boko bastards who bomb people, slaughter Jos indigenes and commit worse attrocious crimes? Our Justice system deserves a holistic re-evaluation.

.NET
Re: Woman Poisoned Her 9 Year Old Son And Burnt His Corpse by ferdiking: 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2011
nothing wey my small ears no go hear, abeg after hanging her they should burn her too so she would know how it fill like.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria / Video:shameless Nigerian Girls Naked Themselves While Fighting In Newyork / Police Recover 13 Transformers, Arrest 137 Suspects In A’ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.