Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? (454 Views)

Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke / What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? / Mohammed Or Jesus, Who Is The Perfect Role Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 7:58am On Jun 25, 2023
I keep wondering why many people who escape one form of danger or the other, will quick to say "thank you Jesus!" instead of thank you God. Even in their music, they shower much praises to Jesus more than God his father. My point is, who deserve much praise between God and Jesus?
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Jashub: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2023
God is Jesus , and Jesus is God. So honoring the Son is the same as honoring the Father.

5 Likes

Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by OlawaleBammie: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
I keep wondering why many people who escape one form of danger or the other, will quick to say "thank you Jesus!" instead of thank you God. Even in their music, they shower much praises to Jesus more than God his father. My point is, who deserve much praise between God and Jesus?

U just wake up to make a slide about someone else religion?? Lol, pls why not face ur life and leave religion alone??

If u read ur bible very well u should know that Jesus is a word of God.

God's word is Jesus according to the book of John. So literally Jesus Himself is God and God is Jesus....shalom.

1 Like

Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by ItsReal: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2023
The matter don lead to a dilemma.

The Bible's Greatest Miracle - how it works.

----------------------------------

1. If you are a Christian, read the Bible over and over. Read every word, every sentence, every verse. Read all the books in the Bible.

2. Soon, you will either turn into

a) Atheist

b) Muslim or

c) Donkey

That's the Bible's greatest miracle.

Most ex-Christians, especially those who knew the Bible by hearts either became Atheists, Muslims or Donkeys (unsound mind)

WHY?

For example, ask these questions, then answer them yourselves

Who is God? Jesus. Where did Jesus come from? From his Father? Who is his Father? God. How many Gods?

Now, repeat the process and you will start to feel the wonder of madness sipping through your body

Next.........

Who is Mary? She is Jesus' mother. Who is Jesus? he is God who creates everything? Who creates Mary? stop..no more stupid question !!!!

Next........

Is Jesus God? Yes? Does God pray? No. Did Jesus pray? Yes. Whom did Jesus pray to? Jesus prayed to God the Father. How many Gods? One. Who is God? Jesus.

repeat and the warm of madness will slowly creep to your mind..and soul...

Next.......

Jesus was not made into God. He was already God. Was Jesus already God when he was in the womb? - no answer
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by ItsReal: 8:02am On Jun 25, 2023
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise.

If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this?

We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes,
blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His

But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!!

Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers?

Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewheres?

Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed?

Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed?

How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened

How could the iron reach Him and His body pinioned?

How could His enemies’ hands reach Him and slap His rear

And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god?

What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god!
What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it!

He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood!

Then he got out of the womb as a small baby,
weak and gaping to be breastfed!

He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in
Is this a god??!!

High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians
All of them will be held accountable for their libels

Oh cross worshipers…for what reason is it exalted
and blamed who rejects it?

Is it not the logic to break and burn it along with the one who innovated it?

Since the Lord was crucified on it…and his hands were fastened to it?

That is really a cursed cross to carry…so discard it
Don’t kiss it!

The Lord was abused on it…and you adore it?
So you are one of His enemies!!

If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds

why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves,

since the grave contained your god in it?

So, Christ worshiper, open your eyes,
this is what the matter is all about.
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 8:10am On Jun 25, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

U just wake up to make a slide about someone else religion?? Lol, pls why not face ur life and leave religion alone??

If u read ur bible very well u should know that Jesus is a word of God.

God's word is Jesus according to the book of John. So literally Jesus Himself is God and God is Jesus....shalom.
so by logic, are you saying: it is justifiable to praise the 'WORD' (Jesus) instead of the one who send the word (GOD)?
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Kobojunkie: 8:10am On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
John 5 vs 41 half answers your question. However, if you can only honor God by obeying Jesus Christ, then you should be able to figure the answer to to question is clear from the teachings of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by delkuf(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2023
Jashub:
God is Jesus , and Jesus is God. So honoring the Son is the same as honoring the Father.
God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by 3exe3: 8:18am On Jun 25, 2023
According to Trinity lies they are both one
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 8:19am On Jun 25, 2023
Jashub:
But at john 14vs28,... Jesus made it clear: ...that his father is greater than he is... Please go read that, and come for discussion.
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Opanka44(m): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2023
Jesus is God and God is Jesus. God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost all in one. That's the Trinity.

Look at this analogy of The Egg we eat. It has the Egg white, the Yolk and the shell. These are what make it the Egg. These three parts are interdependent and wouldn't be called an Egg if any part were to miss
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 8:24am On Jun 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
John 5 vs 41 half answers your question. However, if you can only honor God by obeying Jesus Christ, then you should be able to figure the answer to to question is clear from the teachings of Jesus Christ. undecided
that makes sense sir.
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Merry100: 8:24am On Jun 25, 2023
Jashub:
Well said
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 8:29am On Jun 25, 2023
Opanka44:
Jesus is God and God is Jesus. God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost all in one. That's the Trinity.

Look at this analogy of The Egg we eat. It has the Egg white, the Yolk and the shell. These are what make it the Egg. These three parts are interdependent and wouldn't be called an Egg if any part were to miss
Jesus said his father is greater than he is... read john 14:28
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Jashub: 8:54am On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
But at john 14vs28,... Jesus made it clear: ...that his father is greater than he is... Please go read that, and come for discussion.

It's too early for this foolishness . But for your information, Jesus said so many things about Himself, but one of the things He mostly spoke about was His Father.

Then Phillip , who was one of His disciples, had always heard him talk much about this Mystery Father , so he asked Jesus " Lord show us the Father and that would be enough for us "(John14:8.) And what did Jesus say ?

Jesus said , "Philip, have I been so long with you that you do not know Me ? He who has seen Me has seen the Father ". (John14:9)

Throughout scripture, Jesus makes this same claim (See John 8:48 and John 10:30) , and Christians accept His word.

Those that don't agree with this simply just disagree with what Jesus said about Himself. Simple
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 9:32am On Jun 25, 2023
Jashub:

It's too early for this foolishness . But for your information, Jesus said so many things about Himself, but one of the things He mostly spoke about was His Father.

Then Phillip , who was one of His disciples, had always heard him talk much about this Mystery Father , so he asked Jesus " Lord show us the Father and that would be enough for us "(John14:8.) And what did Jesus say ?

Jesus said , "Philip, have I been so long with you that you do not know Me ? He who has seen Me has seen the Father ". (John14:9)

Throughout scripture, Jesus makes this same claim (See John 8:48 and John 10:30) , and Christians accept His word.

Those that don't agree with this simply just disagree with what Jesus said about Himself. Simple
have you attended an occasion where, a representitive was sent instead of original chairman? Jesus while here on earth depicted his fathers attributes without necessarily, usurping his father authority.
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by OlawaleBammie: 9:33am On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
so by logic, are you saying: it is justifiable to praise the 'WORD' (Jesus) instead of the one who send the word (GOD)?

I believe u re logical, when u praise fhe word u already praised the one who spoke it
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Jashub: 9:38am On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
have you attended an occasion where, a representitive was sent instead of original chairman? Jesus while here on earth depicted his fathers attributes without necessarily, usurping his father authority.
You must be delusional. Are you aware that the jew wanted to stone Jesus ? In John 10, The Jewish leaders picked up rocks again to stone him to death.

But Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many good deeds from the Father. For which one of them are you going to stone me?" The Jewish leaders replied, "We are not going to stone you for a good deed but for blasphemy, because you, a man, are claiming to be God."

Jesus here is making the claims by Himself , not me
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2023
Jashub:
You must be delusional. Are you aware that the jew wanted to stone Jesus ? In John 10, The Jewish leaders picked up rocks again to stone him to death.

But Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many good deeds from the Father. For which one of them are you going to stone me?" The Jewish leaders replied, "We are not going to stone you for a good deed but for blasphemy, because you, a man, are claiming to be God."

Jesus here is making the claims by Himself , not me
Read philipian 2:5-9 and see for yourself who is more delusional grandeur?
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Merry100: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
I hope the verses I listed below will give you a better understanding of who Jesus is and why we worship Him.

Genesis 1:26 — And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

John 1:1-3 —
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:14 — And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Psalm 110:1 — The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mark 12:36 — For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

John 10:30 — I and the Father are one.

John 14:6–7 —
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 14:11— Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

John 17:11— And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Matthew 28:19 — Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 2:1-2 —
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Revelation 1:17-18 —
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Jashub: 10:48am On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Read philipian 2:5-9 and see for yourself who is more delusional grandeur?
So John 10 isn't part of the bible abi ? Olodo
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by elated177: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
1 John 2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

John 16:15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
Jashub:
So John 10 isn't part of the bible abi ? Olodo

Thank you sir. Your grandiloquent is top notch!
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Merry100: 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
I am a worshipper of Christ. After studying the Bible properly, I ascertain that the God described in the Bible is undoubtedly the true and only God.

Although God created us in His own image, we do not possess the same nature and abilities as God. Let's reduce our pride and understand that it is impossible for we the creatures to constrain our creator to a box and use our human understanding to predict His nature and ways. His nature is supernatural and His ways are mysterious to the limited human minds.

To us, a day may be just 24 hours, but in the eyes of God, a day is like a thousand years.

To us, husbands and wives may appear as two separate individuals but in the eyes of God, they are considered as one entity.

To us, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit may appear as three distinct persons, but in reality, they are one.

His supremacy, power, and knowledge is far beyond our limited human understanding because our finite human minds are not capable of comprehending the extent of His sovereignty.
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by vdestro: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
ItsReal:
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise.

If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this?

Think about it. You murdered a mighty person and nothing has happened yet. Do you not know that worse is coming?

Imagine, a strong person allowed you kill him and you do not see that you are finished?

Thats why i can't wait for God to come. O how i would love to see you peoples faces on that day.
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
As an aside from this... In the same John 14 vs 15 - 25, Jesus Christ explained that the only way you can honor Him — reveal your love for Him — is by doing only that which He commands in His Name and it is only when you do just that you also honor His father, who is greater than He is. So, if Jesus Christ never commanded you to praise Him— with your words and your dances, and singing— it means there is no true honor in praising Him, and certainly, your praises of Him do not honor God either. undecided
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Oxfordgrade: 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
As an aside from this... In the same John 14 vs 15 - 25, Jesus Christ explained that the only way you can honor Him — reveal your love for Him — is by doing only that which He commands in His Name and it is only when you do just that you also honor His father, who is greater than He is. So, if Jesus Christ never commanded you to praise Him— with your words and your dances, and singing— it means there is no true honor in praising Him, and certainly, your praises of Him do not honor God either. undecided
very apt sir. I agree 100%
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
very apt sir. I agree 100%
So yeah, as Jesus Christ said in John 5 vs 41, He does not desire praises from humans. Religion, however, preaches that praising Jesus Christ gets Him all powered up and ready to bend God's own Law, an obvious antichrist lie. undecided

1 Like

Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Merry100: 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So yeah, as Jesus Christ said in John 5 vs 41, He does not desire praises from humans. Religion, however, preaches that praising Jesus Christ gets Him all powered up and ready to bend God's own Law, an obvious antichrist lie. undecided
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Merry100: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Verse 23 of John 5 seems very interesting, I just read it.
John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Merry100:
Verse 23 of John 5 seems very interesting, I just read it.
John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
And if you read on further down to John 5 vs 41 - 44 you will find that Jesus Christ explicitly states that He does not desire to be honored in the same way that the Pharisees desired praise from each other by humans. Rather, the only way to honor Him — show Him love — is through submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 23. undecided

Jesus Christ never asked any of His followers to shout His Name in praise of Him, or sing songs of praise, dance, or clap hands in honor of Him. Such rituals which are typical of the religious and done using the name of Jesus Christ do not Honor Jesus Christ. He is not empowered by them nor does it serve to boost Him, as is the typical tale fed by the many pastors and mogs to their religious adherents. Also that which does not honor Jesus Christ does not honor God by extension. undecided
Re: Between God And Jesus, Who Deserve Our Praises More ? by Merry100: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
The only honour our Lord Jesus Christ refuses is the honour of hypocrites.

Matthew 15:8 - This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

John 5: 23, 41, 42
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
41 I receive not honour from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

Colossians 3:16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Ephesians 5:19 - Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Psalm 47:1 - O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

Psalm 149:3 - Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.

Psalm 150:4 - Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

Revelation 5:13 - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adam And Eve Became Prayer Warriors / Sunday (10-02-2013) 5th Sunday In Ordinary Timecatholic Meditation / What Are Your Views About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.