Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Debate On Which Music Industry Is Truly Advanced: Cameroon Or Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Debate On Which Music Industry Is Truly Advanced: Cameroon Or Nigeria? (221 Views)

The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord / Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 / Which Music Are You Listening To Right Now Get Samflex Hit Single[legist Music] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Debate On Which Music Industry Is Truly Advanced: Cameroon Or Nigeria? by Naijaplos: 8:38am On Jun 25, 2023
CAMEROON VS NIGERIA

While in Nigeria, I had this debate with one of its finest promoters .
When it comes to African music, two nations often find themselves in friendly competition: Cameroon and Nigeria. Today, we bring you a unique conversation between two passionate bloggers, one from each country, as they debate which music industry is truly more advanced.

Meet Tunde Ednut , a Nigerian music blogger, and ZAMANI , a Cameroonian music enthusiast. They'll be using using examples from their respective industries. Let's dive in!

Tunde: Hello o! As we say in Nigeria, "No wahala" (no problem). I believe Nigeria's music industry is more advanced. Our artists like Burna Boy, Wizkid, and Davido have gained international recognition. They've won numerous awards, including the prestigious Grammy Awards.

zamani : Bonjour! In Cameroon, we say "On est ensemble" (we are together). I respect your points, Tunde , but let's not forget about our Cameroonian artists like Stanley Enow , Mr Leo Ko C and Salatiel. They've collaborated with international artists and are making waves globally.

Tunde : True, but look at the numbers. Nigerian music has a wider reach. Our music is played in clubs and radio stations across the world. Plus, our music industry is worth over $40 million, according to PwC.Our artistes have shows across the world , they fill stadiums and Arenas , Their influence is felt everywhere, Omo , guy , you wan compare na wety ? E be like say you Dey play with Nigeria .

Zamani : That's impressive, but advancement isn't just about numbers or concerts , It's about growth and innovation. Cameroon's music industry has seen significant growth in recent years. Our unique blend of Makossa and Bikutsi has evolved, incorporating modern beats and attracting a younger audience.

Tunde: I agree, innovation is key. And that's where Nigeria shines. Our Afrobeat, a fusion of traditional Yoruba music, jazz, and funk, has become a global phenomenon. It's not just about the music; it's about the culture we're exporting.Even when we borrow , guy, we make it look like it’s our own . Look at what we are doing to Amapiano , KCee just brought Oja Piano and it has been making waves , Omo , no country creative pass Nigeria ZAMANI

Zamani: Well, Tunde , Cameroon isn't left behind. Our artists are also exporting our culture. They're using music to address social issues, promoting our languages, and showcasing our rich heritage. That's advancement in my book.Tzy Panchack , Rinyu and many others are doing the most . Their impact might not be felt everywhere but soon they’ll do .

Tunde : Our media is very Active , Nigeria might be tough or might have failed in politics but no country comes closer to nigeria in Entertainment. Most of our entertainers are even Rich in dollars , they own mansions and luxury cars . OBO just got a Mayback and he is the first in AFRICA . Omo , guy , we are just so advance . Most of our influencers and bloggers are even millionaires.

ZAMANI : Oya Oya you dong catch me . E dong do .

This friendly debate between Tunde and ZAMANI highlights the progress both Cameroon and Nigeria have made in their music industries. While Nigeria may have a larger global presence, Cameroon's music industry is growing rapidly and innovating in its own unique ways.

In the end, it's not about who's better. It's about celebrating the diversity and richness of African music. As we say in Africa, "Unity in diversity."

Source: zamani blog

Re: Debate On Which Music Industry Is Truly Advanced: Cameroon Or Nigeria? by kestolove95(m): 8:45am On Jun 25, 2023
Call 3 musician from Cameroon

(1) (Reply)

MUSIC: Dyce - No Gree For Anybody / Secrets To Last Longer While Singing / VIDEO: EDYBORNGREAT - Olori Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.