Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

What To Do About My Situation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Do About My Situation (528 Views)

What Would You Advice Both Parties To Do In Such A Situation / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / What's That Situation That Motivated You To Hustle Harder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do About My Situation by Jersuiyjoe(m): 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
hello guys.
Please don't mind my typing for now. I can't make use of my computer because there is no power right now.

Its been quite a long time since I login on this forum, and that's because I have been really busy, Mostly with Learning web design and building web APIs.
It has been a long time since I have been working on myself.

OK i think I will just explain who I am and what I currently do for a living.
I am a very good drummer, and I have played in different varieties of churches, concerts and places.
I definitely used my skill to make cool cash and trained myself in school up till this level.

I attended the government technical college(GTC ado soba) at soba, in Lagos state. And I studied automoblie mech for three years graduating with my NABTEB result, trade test and my testimonial too.
But there is something I think I must be Missing to collect which I think it is suppose to be a diploma.
I asked colleague who actually attended the school before me. And he said they actually do give diploma after three years of your graduation. So I will definitely be heading there before the end of the month to verify.

Now on the process of that I need to actually find what will be the next step in my life, because I am thinking about applying for the Nigeria Navy recruitment, but I have limitations now due to my age and what i posses which doesn't seems to balance my situations.
I want to apply for the Nigeria Navy as ICT personnel but I don't really have the qualifications, but I have the experiences as a web developer and a I am good on Microsoft publishing. And I have certificates both on webdev and Ms publishing.

I am dying to be on that field not because of the rank but it gives me joy to work in a place that is similar to what I do.
I would have also like to join as bands man In the Nigeria Navy, but I don't want to leave what I have work so hard for( it is easy to forget what you've learned in any programming language if practice is not put in place) because it took me quite a lot of my time to grasp what I learned, making me to sacrifice a lot of my time on most occasion most especially as a Intrumentalist, which was like my work.

I am really finding it difficult to choose what I want.
But I will like to know if there is any possibility to be a ICT personnel In Nigeria Navy with my webdev cert and Microsoft publishing certificate and using my technical college certificates too to make it possible.
Mind you that I can also be in the automobile mech department in Nigeria Navy. But I have my reasons plus the one I have stated above on why I would like to be in the ICT department.
Re: What To Do About My Situation by budaatum: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2023

1 Like

Re: What To Do About My Situation by Oyindamolah: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
Drumming is your calling
Start a Instagram page
And start posting some of your 🥁 skills
Start a band
Stop ignoring your talent

1 Like

Re: What To Do About My Situation by Typing: 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
Jersuiyjoe:
hello guys.
Please don't mind my typing for now. I can't make use of my computer because there is no power right now.

Its been quite a long time since I login on this forum, and that's because I have been really busy, Mostly with Learning web design and building web APIs.
It has been a long time since I have been working on myself.

OK i think I will just explain who I am and what I currently do for a living.
I am a very good drummer, and I have played in different varieties of churches, concerts and places.
I definitely used my skill to make cool cash and trained myself in school up till this level.

I attended the government technical college(GTC ado soba) at soba, in Lagos state. And I studied automoblie mech for three years graduating with my NABTEB result, trade test and my testimonial too.
But there is something I think I must be Missing to collect which I think it is suppose to be a diploma.
I asked colleague who actually attended the school before me. And he said they actually do give diploma after three years of your graduation. So I will definitely be heading there before the end of the month to verify.

Now on the process of that I need to actually find what will be the next step in my life, because I am thinking about applying for the Nigeria Navy recruitment, but I have limitations now due to my age and what i posses which doesn't seems to balance my situations.
I want to apply for the Nigeria Navy as ICT personnel but I don't really have the qualifications, but I have the experiences as a web developer and a I am good on Microsoft publishing. And I have certificates both on webdev and Ms publishing.

I am dying to be on that field not because of the rank but it gives me joy to work in a place that is similar to what I do.
I would have also like to join as bands man In the Nigeria Navy, but I don't want to leave what I have work so hard for( it is easy to forget what you've learned in any programming language if practice is not put in place) because it took me quite a lot of my time to grasp what I learned, making me to sacrifice a lot of my time on most occasion most especially as a Intrumentalist, which was like my work.

I am really finding it difficult to choose what I want.
But I will like to know if there is any possibility to be a ICT personnel In Nigeria Navy with my webdev cert and Microsoft publishing certificate and using my technical college certificates too to make it possible.
Mind you that I can also be in the automobile mech department in Nigeria Navy. But I have my reasons plus the one I have stated above on why I would like to be in the ICT department.

Technical School do not issue Diploma certificate. I also finished from a Technical School in Jos. I read Automobile mechanic too. But I am presently an Architect.

It will be easier to gain appointment into Navy, Airforce, Army or Police through their Band section. They always have shortage of instrumentalist in their Band section. Thats why they some times retain their band officers who retired.

The easiest ways to gain recruited into any Nigerian force is either via Sports or Band.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do About My Situation by Jersuiyjoe(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2023
Typing:

Technical School do not issue Diploma certificate. I also finished from a Technical School in Jos. I read Automobile mechanic too. But I am presently an Architect.

It will be easier to gain appointment into Navy, Airforce, Army or Police through their Band section. They always have shortage of instrumentalist in their Band section. Thats why they some times retain their band officers who retired.

The easiest ways to gain recruited into any Nigerian force is either via Sports or Band.

Wow thanks for this, I thought they do give diploma.
I think I might go as a bands man in the Nigeria Navy.
Re: What To Do About My Situation by Jersuiyjoe(m): 7:44am On Jun 26, 2023
Typing:

Hope my age will not restrict me from joining as a bands man. Because I am 25 going to 26 this year August?
Re: What To Do About My Situation by Jersuiyjoe(m): 10:50am On Jun 27, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Drumming is your calling
Start a Instagram page
And start posting some of your 🥁 skills
Start a band
Stop ignoring your talent

Thanks so much.
It seems like a good idea

1 Like

Re: What To Do About My Situation by Jersuiyjoe(m): 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do About My Situation by Oyindamolah: 5:21am On Jun 29, 2023
wink
Jersuiyjoe:

Thanks so much.
It seems like a good idea

(1) (Reply)

Work And Earn Remotely With Kyvatron Limited. Get Recruited Now! / Open Letter From NSCDC To Minister Of Interior, Hon. (dr) Bunmi Ojo / Vacancies For Sales Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.