Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? (770 Views)

‘Nigeria’s Financial System Was Rotten’ — Tinubu Speaks On Emefiele’s Arrest / Mamman Daura Falls Ill After Godwin Emefiele’s Arrest - Sahara Reporters / Protesters Storm CBN Headquarters, Demand Emefiele’s Arrest, Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by constantkayy(m): 12:38am On Jun 26, 2023
Ordinarily, one would expect a CBN governor who knows his onions to use policies like his Anchor Borrowers Program (ABP), Agricultural Credit Support Scheme (ACSS), e-Naira policy, and cashless policy, among other initiatives to boost the real sector of the economy and shore up the value of the local currency. But no, the chief driver of our monetary policies and by implication, the economy, was dabbling in politics. He was neck-deep in a presidential ambition that was dead on arrival – something that is ethically unbecoming of anybody occupying the exalted office he was occupying at the time. He was alleged to have been a card-carrying member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a registered member in his hometown (ward). An “ethical abomination”, in the voice of Chinwetalu Agu, the popular Nollywood actor.

Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Zupay: 12:40am On Jun 26, 2023
Indifferent.

1 Like

Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Praxis758: 2:02am On Jun 26, 2023
Elated.

Let the cabals whom he was pleasing under Buhari now come to his rescue.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Ahmed0336(m): 2:36am On Jun 26, 2023
With the kind suffer I suffered during cash crunch BS, na only God fit settle our matter undecided

1 Like

Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 26, 2023
Disappointed.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by orisa37: 5:11am On Jun 26, 2023
EMEFIELE IS A STUBBORN FLY THAT FOLLOWED THE CORPSE TO THE GRAVE.

1 Like

Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by nabiz(m): 5:14am On Jun 26, 2023
I felt he was used and dumped. I love what he is going through because he forgot to use his senses
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Validated: 5:24am On Jun 26, 2023
Senseless and stupid of the government. It is like a fowl that is angry that her eggs were taken away, but focus her anger on the ground instead of the robber.

Was Emefiele expected to disobey Buhari's orders

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by tesppidd: 5:41am On Jun 26, 2023
constantkayy:
Ordinarily, one would expect a CBN governor who knows his onions to use policies like his Anchor Borrowers Program (ABP), Agricultural Credit Support Scheme (ACSS), e-Naira policy, and cashless policy, among other initiatives to boost the real sector of the economy and shore up the value of the local currency. But no, the chief driver of our monetary policies and by implication, the economy, was dabbling in politics. He was neck-deep in a presidential ambition that was dead on arrival – something that is ethically unbecoming of anybody occupying the exalted office he was occupying at the time. He was alleged to have been a card-carrying member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a registered member in his hometown (ward). An “ethical abomination”, in the voice of Chinwetalu Agu, the popular Nollywood actor.

All these things you listed now, let's see whether the new government will implement them and how effective they would be in tacking hunger and unemployment.
Shebi they have employed a new CBN who knows his onions abi pepper.

Nigerians now love politics more than governance.
Majority of those who support Emefiele oppose Tinubu and majority of those who oppose Emefiele support Tinubu.
Most Nigerians now could be wretched, famished and starving but still supporting a government because they have what I call political bragging rights.

Emefiele's policy was never a bad one, even if it was wrongly implemented and targeted at certain specific people who hid billions of naira.

And by the way, the removal of subsidy and increase of electricity tariffs without things in place to cushion the effects would bring almost as much stress and hardship.

Just wait and see.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Cassandraloius: 6:13am On Jun 26, 2023
I don't care about his arrest.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:16am On Jun 26, 2023
funny enough he also bought presidential form

na this kind people wan rule us

we go suffer for their hands ooo

as a Yoruba guy, Soludo is the only man from that region I can vote as president from that region ...the rest go make una suffer wella before una go see 1kobo
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by wegevv: 6:27am On Jun 26, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

as a Yoruba guy, Soludo is the only man from that region I can vote as president from that region ...the rest go make una suffer wella before una go see 1kobo

PMB finished the country with his ineptitude and incompetence but it’s “that region” that is your problem lol

If Soludo decides to contest I’m sure you’ll find a reason to hate him too. I don’t doubt your creativity ❤️

1 Like

Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by ybalogs(m): 6:31am On Jun 26, 2023
The best news to Nigerians since after Abacha's death. Nigerians expected his arrest and yes it came to pass. What's expected now is for him to be hanged but we also know that won't happen.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Nuzo1(m): 6:41am On Jun 26, 2023
I love it. He is a very corrupt weak fool!

I also love it when thieves arrest and deal with thieves. Hopefully, someday; those thieves arresting thieves will be arrested and dealt with too.

That being said, we all know that the main reason for his recent ordeal is because of the cashless policy that made it almost impossible for corrupt politicians to buy votes from the polling units and thereby leaving massive room for litigations and evidences in the election tribunal. If not for this,, he would have stayed out his tenure with so much praises.

Buhari was shocked with how politicians used money to influence the PDP and APC primaries. He quickly went and ambushed them at the general elections using the cashless policy. He used Emefiele to carry that out. Buhari succeeded to a great extent even though corrupt politicians fought back.

They fought back as if they don’t know that only the cashless policy can eliminate corruption and insecurity. They were only fighting for themselves. But it was too late.

Buhari who was praised by these corrupt politicians earlier for disobeying court orders on other issues was now being called unprinted names for disobeying court order on cashless policy. He succeeded in making sure the stacked up billions was useless until after the election.

Someone has to pay for this massive upset. Emefiele.

Fortunately for all of us, Emefiele has other baggages around his neck.

The cashless policy hit northerners far more than it his southerners. But the northerners hardly cried about it because they knew what buhari was trying to achieve with it.

1 Like

Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by constantkayy(m): 7:25am On Jun 26, 2023
Ajagunakin:
Disappointed.

You feel disappointed that he was arrested? I don't understand? Despite all the allegations against him?
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Lobotomy02: 7:26am On Jun 26, 2023
Ajagunakin:
Disappointed.
Nah your father?
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2023
constantkayy:

You feel disappointed that he was arrested? I don't understand? Despite all the allegations against him?

Disappointed with his level of corruption.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 26, 2023
Lobotomy02:

Nah your father?

You create a new account to troll me grin

You’re finished. Your pains is just starting, u think say I send your father?!
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Josegun(m): 7:48am On Jun 26, 2023
Thank God he is paying for it.
I was in Lagos for official assignment when this happen, this guy frustrated my life throughout my stay.
May he never come out of it.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2023
Overjoyed. He is an Hitler-type evil man.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by OredoPikin: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

Until Soludo contest against fashola and the hate continues
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by onez: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2023
The arrest is very wrong. Infact the removal is very wrong. No doubt he may be corrupt. Nigeria will regret his absence. We need his experience to stabilize the naira. Tinubu reckless economic policies is leading to one thing, disaster.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by constantkayy(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2023
Josegun:
Thank God he is paying for it.
I was in Lagos for official assignment when this happen, this guy frustrated my life throughout my stay.
May he never come out of it.

BROS DEY CALM ABEG. THE MANNA GET PIKIN O
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by constantkayy(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2023
onez:
The arrest is very wrong. Infact the removal is very wrong. No doubt he may be corrupt. Nigeria will regret his absence. We need his experience to stabilize the naira. Tinubu reckless economic policies is leading to one thing, disaster.

Are you sure you are a Nigerian.... From your response you sound like a foreigner.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Lobotomy02: 8:59am On Jun 26, 2023
Ajagunakin:

You create a new account to troll me grin

You’re finished. Your pains is just starting, u think say I send your father?!

What are you talking about? Created a new account to troll you? Who are you?
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2023
Lobotomy02:

What are you talking about? Created a new account to troll you? Who are you?

I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:12am On Jun 26, 2023
walahi, I'm not a tribalist, however, I appreciate governance and when I sees one I'd acknowledge..

Chukwuma Soludo is working and we are seeing it .

I'm telling you if that man should come out as President, me as Yoruba I go vote for him twice on a Saturday morning... Hausa and Fulani self go vote for the guy
wegevv:

PMB finished the country with his ineptitude and incompetence but it’s “that region” that is your problem lol

If Soludo decides to contest I’m sure you’ll find a reason to hate him too. I don’t doubt your creativity ❤️
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Ikaeniyan0: 9:56am On Jun 26, 2023
Validated:
Senseless and stupid of the government. It is like a fowl that is angry that her eggs were taken away, but focus her anger on the ground instead of the robber.

Was Emefiele expected to disobey Buhari's orders
So is it also buhari that told emefiele not to obey supreme court judgement?

I won't be shock if you're one of the people hailing emefiele during the cash scarcity mess because you all feel is affecting tulumbu
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Ikaeniyan0: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2023
tesppidd:
All these things you listed now, let's see whether the new government will implement them and how effective they would be in tacking hunger and unemployment.
Shebi they have employed a new CBN who knows his onions abi pepper.

Nigerians now love politics more than governance.
Majority of those who support Emefiele oppose Tinubu and majority of those who oppose Emefiele support Tinubu.
Most Nigerians now could be wretched, famished and starving but still supporting a government because they have what I call political bragging rights.

Emefiele's policy was never a bad one, even if it was wrongly implemented and targeted at certain specific people who hid billions of naira.

People who were supporting emefiele were obi fans like you

Did you even witness the hell Nigerians go through at all? people died because of that unnecessary policy. When did it become the job of the CBN to fight people who were hiding bilions? The economy of Nigeria was in a standstill at some point

The supreme court even told him what you're doing is not right, stop it, but emefiele choose to disobey the supreme court till the president distance himself from the disobedience.

A lot of Nigerians like you do not truly love this country, but you won't be sincere to yourself and say the truth.
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by constantkayy(m): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nuzo1:
I love it. He is a very corrupt weak fool!

I also love it when thieves arrest and deal with thieves. Hopefully, someday; those thieves arresting thieves will be arrested and dealt with too.

That being said, we all know that the main reason for his recent ordeal is because of the cashless policy that made it almost impossible for corrupt politicians to buy votes from the polling units and thereby leaving massive room for litigations and evidences in the election tribunal. If not for this,, he would have stayed out his tenure with so much praises.

Buhari was shocked with how politicians used money to influence the PDP and APC primaries. He quickly went and ambushed them at the general elections using the cashless policy. He used Emefiele to carry that out. Buhari succeeded to a great extent even though corrupt politicians fought back.

They fought back as if they don’t know that only the cashless policy can eliminate corruption and insecurity. They were only fighting for themselves. But it was too late.

Buhari who was praised by these corrupt politicians earlier for disobeying court orders on other issues was now being called unprinted names for disobeying court order on cashless policy. He succeeded in making sure the stacked up billions was useless until after the election.

Someone has to pay for this massive upset. Emefiele.

Fortunately for all of us, Emefiele has other baggages around his neck.

The cashless policy hit northerners far more than it his southerners. But the northerners hardly cried about it because they knew what buhari was trying to achieve with it.

Have you forgotten that buses with cash were going to North to ease them of the cashless policy wahala?
Re: Be Truthful.... How Do You Feel About Emefiele's Arrest? by Lobotomy02: 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ajagunakin:

I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE.

You are your father's worst nightmare, you vacuous troglodyte.

I dont fuc.king know you, dirty cun....t!

(1) (Reply)

Soludo's Ongoing And Proposed Projects In Anambra State / War Is Starting Tomorrow. How Are You Preparing? / If Tinubu Survive His Ordeal,He Will Be Goat Of Nigeria Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.