Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% (24892 Views)

Reduction On Imported Vehicles Duties To Begin Next Week - Customs / Brand New/highest Quality Tokunbo Cars With Fully Paid Duties.. No Worries. / Tokunbo Full Duties Paid 2008 Toyota Camry Sports Accident Fre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by patrickcollins: 10:26am On Jun 26, 2023
GWMI:
So many people just wish Tinubu failure not knowing that wishing him failure, doesn't mean he will fail.
Let's see what happens in weeks to come as we survive this new Government policies.
But one lesson learnt is that, Nigeria was a highly subsidized society now all subsidy is going we got to bear the heat.
Nothing will happen in years to come, Nigeria is wrecked already, present administration that suppose to allow us get some rest from Buhari's bad government is in a rush increasing the bills and rate of poverty with no measure in place for the poor masses.why remove fuel subsidy since Dangote refinery is almost ready, why increase exchange rate yet they allocate billions for their wicked allowances, why can't buy their cars from their salary, pay their rent buy their clothes, evil and selfish leaders.
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2023
But custom duty is a levy or fee there is no service rendered there shouldn’t be a rush to increase the price Nigeria don tire me

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Bfly: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2023
I began to think these leaders are just ordinary people like us, with their own flaws. Only that these ones won't stop stealing for once.
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Blaze14k: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2023
Nononsense247:

Shutup ... Those that wish and wants Tinubu to fail are enemies of this country ... Premature death shall locate them .. ..

Hehehe😂😂😂 I don't wish anyone failure. I only wish u happy suffering. To me I think he is doing a very good job. Theres light at the end of the tunnel😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by bonnyhope: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2023
tuoyoojo:
All these changes that has been made by this tilibu government, which one has brought succour to the masses

There is increase in almost everything but the govt is giving nothing back to the masses

Or is it only those who are in APC that are secretly enjoying the changes

Be patient....hope renewal in progress
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Ganbite: 11:16am On Jun 26, 2023
loosecanon50:
Tinubu is a financial expert, he studied accounting in Chicago state university.

This is fake news...Tinubu is already fixing the economy. grin

lol
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by lexy2014: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2023
Nononsense247:

Go sleep ... If you let hate consume na you sabi... You die you die ... Your family wahala...

You didn't answer the questions.

Pls what is my business with obi?

Are u acknowledging that the present administration is dishing out bad news on its own?

Did anyone force the administration to dish out bad news?
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by famology(m): 11:42am On Jun 26, 2023
Just lift ban on car importation by land that's all.
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Talknochip(m): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2023
They say all this harsh policies has a future benefits...

My question is, how certain are we that the future will be okay.. And the investors will come?
We saw Buhari too saying such

God, help your children.
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by odunayowill23: 11:52am On Jun 26, 2023
And they say let the poor breathe, just how?

Ready to spread your wings and japa to new horizons? 🌍✨ Contact Nike for the ultimate japa assist! DM them on +234 912 087 0211 and let the adventure begin! 🛫 #NikeAssist #Japa
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Prince111111: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
xpressionx:

Those that support evil and drug addicts to bring suffering upon innocent and hard working citizens will not live to see the end of 2023 with the entire families
Amennnnnnnn
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by ufotunang: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
It's a good policy which will make nigerians to patronize and buy cars manufactured and assembled in nigeria... nigeria has 37 assembling and manufacturing car plants, industries, company...let value what we have here in nigeria....is not everytime we will be buying foreign products or cars.. we have been complaining of high rate of unemployment but if you do not patronize your own products and goods how can the local industries strive and expand and create more jobs ..how will nigeria turn to a producing economy, country
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
Same thing obi will do, no be magic
GetSenseNow:

You guys make me laugh
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by ufotunang: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
kingamaa:
More hardship, more wahala for both the buyer and seller of cars and ultimately more hardship for the already impoverished masses.
...the policy will make nigerians to buy cars manufactured in nigeria...we have 37 assembling and manufacturing cars plants ,industries in nigeria..we have to value what we have in nigeria...is not everytime we will be buying and patronizing foreign cars.all the time..if nigerians buy and patronize more of this cars manufactured in nigeria... those nigeria clmanufacturing car industries, plants, will strive and expand and create more jobs for nigerians and the youths... and this is a country we have been complaining of high rate of unemployment... nigeria should reduce the way they import and go more into exporting which will appreciate the naira and make it stronger and have more value
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Blaze14k: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
bluefilm:

Stop deceiving yourself.

The agbado people are not suffering it at all.

It is their turn indeed.

Their turn to enjoy.

Lol no be only deceiving myself. Ok as they are enjoying the hike in everything am very happy for them buh....

LET THE POOR BREATH 😂😂
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by bayelsaowei(m): 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Samakus:
This Customs raise of exchange rate from N422/$ to N589/$ will favour me and my family cheesy
grin
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Ray07(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2023
Flets:
Nigerians have no clue what is coming, It will be almost impossible to survive for some.

For an import driven economy like Nigeria, this is a dead end and if Nigerians are lucky, there might be an uprising that the FG might be unable to manage. Otherwise... many will die and the deaths will be in large numbers.
We're officially Malawi 2002.
E no funny again.

A woman I know went to mill her maize last week. someone stole in the milling shop. sad

Things no just easy for this said woman.
People would resort to stealing foods now with the way things are going.
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by OChimex: 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
GWMI:
So many people just wish Tinubu failure not knowing that wishing him failure, doesn't mean he will fail.
Let's see what happens in weeks to come as we survive this new Government policies.
But one lesson learnt is that, Nigeria was a highly subsidized society now all subsidy is going we got to bear the heat.

APC supporters are just something else. Nobody wishes him failure, they were only stating the obvious from day one that he is not competent. Now he is making stupid policies that is causing more untold hardship to those that voted him you still dey excuse him and blame others say it’s because they are wishing him to fail.
Mr man, Tinibu is making reckless decisions that will sink Nigeria.
And the heat that you are talking about, it’s only you and your family that voted Tinibu will feel that scorching heat
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Ray07(m): 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
ufotunang:
...the policy will make nigerians to buy cars manufactured in nigeria...we have 37 assembling and manufacturing cars plants ,industries in nigeria..we have to value what we have in nigeria...is not everytime we will be buying and patronizing foreign cars.all the time..if nigerians buy and patronize more of this cars manufactured in nigeria... those nigeria clmanufacturing car industries, plants, will strive and expand and create more jobs for nigerians and the youths... and this is a country we have been complaining of high rate of unemployment... nigeria should reduce the way they import and go more into exporting which will appreciate the naira and make it stronger and have more value
Even the almighty America can't compete with Japan in terms of car manufacturing not assemble cars.

Common cement manufactured here, the price wan cut neck.
Make we the reason before with type abeg.

Because e easy for you or you the benefit from the government no say others the see am so too!
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Samakus(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
darealez:

Lol! You and your family, just like every other Nigerian will survive. Nothing is favorable in price escalation.. Not even to Dangote.

grin
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Samakus(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nice2023:

Don't go and work.

Show me one man who didn't work before he became rich.

Religion has affected u guys that when u are supposed to take actions,u are busy praying.

You obviously suck at understanding sarcasm
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Samakus(m): 2:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nononsense247:

Shutup ... Those that wish and wants Tinubu to fail are enemies of this country ... Premature death shall locate them ..

Giver of premature death, weldone o cheesy

Premature death inventor grin
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nice2023(m): 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
Samakus:

You obviously suck at understanding sarcasm

Sarcasm indeed!
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by EsomahJD: 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
loosecanon50:

grin...Amen ooo. I have Emilokan ATM card with limitless withdrawals in case you want.

grin grin grin this is so funny. Most of you should be comedians already. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by budaatum: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nononsense247:

Shutup ... Those that wish and wants Tinubu to fail are enemies of this country ... Premature death shall locate them ..

Shut me up or kill me if you can.

I do not want Tinubu to fail. If Tinubu fails, it's me and my family and you who will suffer while Tinubu will end up much richer.

budaatum:

Love Tinubu's electricity bill and student loan bill and petrol desubsidisation. If he scraps the employers wage subsidy called NYSC he will become my current god.
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by bluefilm: 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
Blaze14k:

Lol no be only deceiving myself. Ok as they are enjoying the hike in everything am very happy for them buh....

LET THE POOR BREATH 😂😂

Yes, rejoice for them because they are reaping the rewards of trusting emilokan with everything they have.

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by grandstar(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
Flets:

You don’t implement such policies like it’s knee jerk. What plans are in place to cushion the effect on the people?
What are savings reinvestment plans?
Why not a gradual removal of the subsidies, why must they happen on day 1?, you want to kill the people you intend to save?
Where. Are the savings from diesel and kerosene subsidy removal?

The shock therapy approach is usually the best than the gradualism approach. With the gradual approach, you'll keep coming back to your vomit.

Where. Are the savings from diesel and kerosene subsidy removal? This year, the estimated budget deficit was estimated to be 3.24% of GDP. The subsidy on petrol was supposed to cost $10bn this year which is about 2.3% of GDP. By ending the fuel subsidy, this reduces the budget deficit and prevents the country adding to the debt burden hanging over the country. The budget deficit will now be about 1% of GDP.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by alimiadedayo1: 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
ufotunang:
It's a good policy which will make nigerians to patronize and buy cars manufactured and assembled in nigeria... nigeria has 37 assembling and manufacturing car plants, industries, company...let value what we have here in nigeria....is not everytime we will be buying foreign products or cars.. we have been complaining of high rate of unemployment but if you do not patronize your own products and goods how can the local industries strive and expand and create more jobs ..how will nigeria turn to a producing economy, country
you have no brain at all.. why are you saying all this rubbish
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Emmanuel909090: 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
This is getting serious
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Yankee101: 2:03am On Jun 27, 2023
A win for Cotonou
Less importation thought Tin Can Island
Less effective revenue for Nigeria
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by kay10: 4:07am On Jun 27, 2023
wasuka14:
You and your gene have been dying miserably and will continue to do so. We the progressive, can't you see that we keep flying high and high. Your caliber keep crying and crying. Hunger and miserable will finish you and your gene.

U are real oloriburuki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ademlabi:the Real Deal For Cars From Cotonou. / »»» Sold!!! Few Months Used Ford Flex 09 @ N3.2M Negotiable ««« / 2 Units Of 2016/017 Model Benz Gle350 4matic Toks Fully Loaded Selling Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.