Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? (416 Views)

Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? by donttryme: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Image123:

What's your question? Are you looking up to me, or to Jesus/God? If i told you my answer, you probably will not believe me.
i have also been disappointed and even cheated by people in church before BTW.
I asked which domination you think is better and what guarantee you have if you think another branch will be better.
I also ask if a grandmom of any pastor is dead, will it be treated same way my case is treated? I don't only felt betrayed but is also depressed right now.
Re: Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? by Image123(m): 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Smiles. You cannot pick an unrelated verse in the bible to substantiate a point you are trying to drive at.

The temple of God is the house of God. Today the church is the body of Christ. And it entails the people and not the building. Unlike the temple.

That is why if you and I sit in our sitting room and worship and commune sharing the word of God, we are a church!

Do you know that there are places around the world where christians cannot meet in public or a known place to worship as you and i do here in Nigeria?

And yet the church exist in these places. It is the people and not the place.

You are not saying something that i am not saying, or that i have not said before. The church is the Body of Christ and the church is Jesus' Father's house. We seem to be in agreement but you don't want us to be, for some reason.
Re: Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? by Porksupplyib: 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
Image123:

You are not saying something that i am not saying, or that i have not said before. The church is the Body of Christ and the church is Jesus' Father's house. We seem to be in agreement but you don't want us to be, for some reason.

The point which we need to agree upon is that the church is not a place. For that reason, a church can be 3people gathered together in fellowship in a living room.

What you should be advicing the Op to do is to ensure he doesn't forsake meeting together with other christians to fellowship.
Re: Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? by Porksupplyib: 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
There are a whole lot of man made interference into what we know as the church today.
Naming of church denominations leading to several variations and practices are all man made.

Picking the Sunday as a day of worship is man made.

All these aren't biblical.
At the end of the day don't be surprised that we are only practicing our own man made version of Christianity.
A simple comparism of today's church with what the church entails in the early days will give you a very clear insight into this.

Therefore I will admonish anyone who claim to love Christ, (wants to do his will and loves to follow in his footstep) read his word for yourself and obey what it says. Don't follow tradition.
Re: Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? by Image123(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
Porksupplyib:

The point which we need to agree upon is that the church is not a place. For that reason, a church can be 3people gathered together in fellowship in a living room.

What you should be advicing the Op to do is to ensure he doesn't forsake meeting together with other christians to fellowship.

cheesy cheesy i must laugh at this time.
Re: Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? by Porksupplyib: 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
Image123:

cheesy cheesy i must laugh at this time.
Lol. I am glad I made you laugh sir. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Is Going To Church Mandatory For Christians? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 12:16am On Jun 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Aligning with my ideology? OP says he finally sees the delusions that has him brainwashed for over 20 years yet somehow you managed to twist it to make it about me. Very interesting! undecided

It is what it is baby gal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moment Dog Walker Sees A 'Demonic Figure' Crawling Across Country Park / We Must Build A National Temple For Traditional Religion / Freemasons Evolved From Stonecutters Not The Holy Warriors Of Knights Templar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.