Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos (19243 Views)

Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / Lagos Abeokuta Free Train Ride Has Started-punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2023
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Newnas(m): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2023
Praxis758:
The opposition will make a mountain out of this mote by saying Adeleke cancelled it because him and his deputy are Christians.

Stop yarning nonsense. Yoruba people are wise. We don't practice politics and religioun of hatred like south easterners.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by AfonjaConehead: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2023
So the people of iragbiji in Lagos are going to their state!!!!? I thought they are from Lagos state nah!!? grin
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by OLOKOESHIN: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2023
successmatters:
It's a very poor state, wonder why they are giving free services there. Almost the poorest state in Nigeria.
Your state also poor. Come out and tell us your state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by DesireV: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2023
Praxis758:
The opposition will make a mountain out of this mote by saying Adeleke cancelled it because him and his deputy are Christians.
Unfortunately, Osun doesn't think that way.
Osun has more Muslims than Christians and willingly voted Christian/Christian tickets twice and defended their votes
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:02am On Jun 27, 2023
fixitbyjal:
I TRACK LOST OR STOLEN PHONES
A TRIAL WILL DEFINITELYCONVINCE YOU

How do you do that?

Show proof
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by thaoriginator: 10:03am On Jun 27, 2023
fixitbyjal:
ok what and what do you need to track a lost phone?
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Larryton(m): 10:03am On Jun 27, 2023
successmatters:
It's a very poor state, wonder why they are giving free services there. Almost the poorest state in Nigeria.

A day free train ride for the masses won't make the state go into bankrupt. If you can't benefit as low as that from the government, what else can a citizen benefit?
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by FireUpNow(m): 10:04am On Jun 27, 2023
Hard times are here
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Menclothing: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2023
So when will the free train come back again but you can charter jet ✈️ to Benin for burial Mr gov

Same amount can pay for 20000 passengers train
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by tiswell(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2023
chuksanambra:

Osun is richer than Ebonyi, Abia and Enugu.
taaaaah!!!

Gbafue!!!
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 27, 2023
DesireV:
Don't mind him.
It's unfortunate how people confidently display ignorance, misinforming unsuspecting folks

I don't even know where he got his data from.

Osun State is not even in the list of the top 10 poorest states in the country, by virtually all major indices. Even if you're to judge by Internally Generated Revenue, Osun makes more money than about 20 other states.

4 Likes

Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 27, 2023
chuksanambra:

Osun state is not richer than Enugu state, judging by all parameters.

It can be agreeable that Osun fares better than Ebonyi and Abia.

1 Like

Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by ppogba: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2023
successmatters:

So, I will you describe a state in your region where the governor dostributes N500 to pregnant women?

Giving a free ride is not different from a state governor Sharing kerosene all by himself.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Sultty(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2023
fixitbyjal:
your WhatsApp number please
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 27, 2023
grin Okay o build the airport on time , make we dey hire Boeing or Airbus for free air ride every Sallah and Christmas from all the states .

Create space for flight training and civilian parachutist training at your airport, I don't understand people going to Dubai when we can throw people out of the plane here .
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by chuksanambra: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2023
Buddha3:

Osun state is not richer than Enugu state, judging by all parameters.

It can be agreeable that Osun fares better than Ebonyi and Abia.

What is the GDP of Enugu, what is the GDP of Osun?
Start from there.

Enugu that the poorest LG in Lagos is richer than the entire Enugu state.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by 7lives: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2023
Newnas:

Firstly, Osun isn't the poorest or almost poorest state in Nigeria.

Secondly, free train ride is the least any government can give to her citizens. How much is it? At most 5k. The report said it will convey hundreds of people, so, lets say 1k people max. That's just 5m.

5m is the least thing any government can give to her citizens during a festive period.

I know you're only pained that Muslims are getting something from the government. You and your fellow religious bigots on this Nairaland will wail from today till forever.

Let them pay, they will remember when they used to move their entire family for free.
Awon alajese, alaimo oore.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Nowyouknowbest: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2023
Illeya go still sup, Make light sha dey, and let meat move around. From Ila to Osogbo to Ede all around Osun State.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by tfelicityk(m): 10:30am On Jun 27, 2023
This is one of the poorest state in southwest.
The government should put proper things in place for investors to come and invests in the state.
The governor can as well call on indigenous people of Osun State home and aboard to come and invest on the land of Osun State.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2023
chuksanambra:

What is the GDP of Enugu, what is the GDP of Osun?
Start from there.

Enugu that the poorest LG in Lagos is richer than the entire Enugu state.

Well, looks like Ugwuanyi spent his 8years reversing whatever economic gains past administrations made in Enugu. I didn't even realise it was this bad until today.

But in terms of GDP, Abia State towers above Osun. But when considering IGR, Osun is richer than those three states you mentioned.

And whenever you're making economic comparative analysis, using Nigerian States as feeders, it's inappropriate to put Lagos in the mix. Lagos State economy is even bigger than the economies of about 50 African countries. I understand some people will be quick to attribute the feat to Tinubu, but it is instructive to note that Lagos had always been a commercial city right from the colonial years. And successive Federal Government administrations have continually fed the city with that much gusto.

1 Like

Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Yemmysworld91: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2023
YoungLionken:
Adeleke will perform better than his predecessors..

I will really like to visit BAT's village in Osun state, I want to verify something cool...

I was there over the weekend... I wish all nairalanders that look down on that beautiful town can visit there. If truly jagaban is from iragbiji, then it's a fine town grin

1 Like

Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2023
tfelicityk:
This is one of the poorest state in southwest.
The government should put proper things in place for investors to come and invests in the state.
The governor can as well call on indigenous people of Osun State home and aboard to come and invest on the land of Osun State.

You people should stop brandishing this claim for God's sake!

Ekiti is the poorest state in the South West. Then there is Kwara. Osun falls in the center of that table.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by nex(m): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2023
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/sallah-osun-govt-cancels-free-train-ride-from-lagos/?amp

Let this be the end of the free train ride era in Osun State. The state is not rich, and indigenes coming from Lagos have enough money to fund their own train rides.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by remsonik(f): 10:57am On Jun 27, 2023
Times are hard, transport too cost
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Ibadan3310: 11:13am On Jun 27, 2023
Am at iddo train station this morning thousands of people stranded is very bad.
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by MT: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2023
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by Nathan2016: 11:26am On Jun 27, 2023
chuksanambra:

How did you come to the conclusion? lol

Go to any property website and search for renting using a minimum of N1,000000. Using jiji, you will see enugu having 496 ads while osun has only 36 ads.

So 496 property for rent is between 1 million and above in the enugu market while only 36 ads is for rent in osun market.

So which metric are you using to measure?
Re: Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos by YeyeGbami: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2023
successmatters:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City / Nigerians In Georgia Any One Here In Georgia? / Types Of People You Will Meet In A Public Bus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.