Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP (19971 Views)

All Police Convoys Must Obey Traffic Regulations -IGP / Politics Without Bitterness As Ganduje And Dawisu's Convoys Greet Each Other. / Governor Emeka Ihedioha Travelling With Only 3 Convoys (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Islie: 6:51am On Jun 27, 2023
Acting inspector-general of police, IGP Olukayode Egbetokun said henceforth, all police conveys must observe traffic regulations starting with his convoy.

The IGP gave the directive when he met with Mobile Police Squadron and commanders at the Force headquarters yesterday.

According to him, ” let me end this speech by reminding you that those who keep the peace must be the epitome of peace. Those whose duty it is to enforce the laws of the land must themselves respect and obey the laws of the land. Without obeying the laws, the Police lack the moral high ground to interrogate and bring law breakers to book.

“Consequently, in line with my vision of building a rule of law compliant Police Force, it is my directive that henceforth all police convoys on routine, non-emergency movement, must obey traffic lights and other traffic rules, I pledge to lead by example in this regard. As you will be returning to your various bases, I wish you a safe journey and please be assured of my best wishes always.”

Egbetokun also said the newly created special squad (Special Intervention Squad) shall consist of 40,000 specially trained elite officers, selected from officers from the pool of existing Police Mobile Force (PMF) personnel and all tactical units in the country.

He said, “modalities for the creation of a new special squad – the Special Intervention Squad have been initiated. This special squad shall consist of 40,000 specially trained elite officers. The Squad will be formed by selecting officers from the pool of existing Police Mobile Force (PMF) personnel and all tactical units in the country.

“These officers will undergo intensive pre-deployment training to make them combat ready for frontline operational duties in all the states of the Federation, with a particular focus on areas plagued with unrest and turmoil. By pooling together the expertise and experience of our PMF personnel and other tactical units, we can establish a formidable force that is well-equipped to handle the evolving challenges we face.

“This dedicated force will bolster our capacity to respond swiftly and decisively to security threats, ensuring that our presence is felt and our response is effective in every corner of our country.

“1,000 personnel from this new squad will be deployed to every state of the Federation for immediate operations as standby intervention units, while more troubled spots or zones will receive the remaining officers out of the 40,000.

[b]“These officers will not perform routine police duties but will be housed and kept combat-ready at all times engaging in daily training in readiness for deployments to intercept and neutralize high-profile criminals and those terrorizing our communities. [/b]They will be deployed to intervene rapidly and proactively in any situation necessary in their states of assignment.”

https://leadership.ng/all-police-convoys-to-observe-traffic-regulations-igp/

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by siofragspot: 6:53am On Jun 27, 2023
Story...

Have they even stopped using the SPY and hidden plate numbers there were mandated not to use by the previous IGP?

Lawless police force...

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by ojun50(m): 6:54am On Jun 27, 2023
Story story story
Ones upon a time
IGP told.,.........................

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Tinubuwins2023e: 6:55am On Jun 27, 2023
Who go arrest them?
How would it be enforced?

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by topsam1(m): 6:55am On Jun 27, 2023
Yinmu

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by seniorgozman(m): 6:58am On Jun 27, 2023
For where

4 Likes

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by donbachi(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2023
Maybe,na the Nigeria police wey dey for America

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by thaoriginator: 7:03am On Jun 27, 2023
shocked

Way forward.. But naso we hear during Buhari first month in office yet nothing sup..

Action speaks louder than arguments

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by helinues: 7:03am On Jun 27, 2023
Until we start seeing that on our roads, this na as usual initial gra gra

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by NOC1(m): 7:15am On Jun 27, 2023
Hahahahaha, lorilo, akuko nma nneka na ndi yard ya

6 Likes

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Ofunaofu: 7:17am On Jun 27, 2023
One thing is to give directives, another is to ensure that its being carried out to the letter

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by PrincessofDSS(f): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2023
You can imagine, e reach my turn to flex the lawlessness and this IGP now remembered to right the wrongs

I wouldn’t have supported his appointment if I had known

6 Likes

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Ofunaofu: 7:21am On Jun 27, 2023
PrincessofDSS:
You can imagine, e reach my turn to flex the lawlessness and this IGP now remembered to right the wrongs

I wouldn’t have supported his appointment if I had known

So, you mean you supported Tinubu because you intend to be lawless..hmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Ofunaofu: 7:39am On Jun 27, 2023
helinues:
Until we start seeing that on our roads, this na as usual initial gra gra

You mean Tinubu's appointed IG dey do initial gragra. I thought you all said that since he is appointed by Tinubu, he will be the best IG of police

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by seanfer(m): 7:45am On Jun 27, 2023
Oga when are you lifting the embargo on the tinted permit. It’s needed.

2 Likes

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by jumobi1(m): 7:48am On Jun 27, 2023
Ofunaofu:
One thing is to give directives, another is to ensure that its being carried out to the latter

True. It won’t be carried out to the…letter.

1 Like

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Yidom: 7:50am On Jun 27, 2023
Easier said than done

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by richidinho(m): 7:50am On Jun 27, 2023
Na so...we don hear grin
Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by PrincessofDSS(f): 7:51am On Jun 27, 2023
Ofunaofu:

So, you mean you supported Tinubu because you intend to be lawless..hmmmmm!

One-in-one

I never said so
Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Dreal1247: 7:51am On Jun 27, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Who go arrest them?
Why would it be enforced?

My thought also. Maybe it's the traffic lights that they have to obey and not traffic rules.
Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Pwettylinda(f): 7:55am On Jun 27, 2023
grin grin
Waste of time

He said it all the way from Abuja

Now how is he going to ensure compliance??

This is why we need a decentralised police system

Why haven't Tinubu okayed State Police
Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Cassandraloius: 8:18am On Jun 27, 2023
Abeg make we hear word, ACTION speaks louder than mere words. angry

Kindly check my signature.
Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by christejames(m): 8:19am On Jun 27, 2023
Initial gra gra...

Government of propaganda!
Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by inoki247: 8:21am On Jun 27, 2023
all police convoys on routine, non-emergency movement, must obey traffic lights and other traffic rules

Lol you already gave them reason they can start using to justify dere breaking of traffic Law....

Na to dey claim Emergency up nd down like this...

6 Likes

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Shigishege2: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2023
This IG should clearify and not get it confused. If the police or security team is on an emergency call there is no need to wait for any obstacle. And this should be identified with blasting of sirens.

If not our already lazy police will henceforth have something to lie about for not responding to emergency calls.

"We are sorry, it was traffic light that delayed is".

2 Likes

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2023
Trabaye! Eeh brother brenald !
Why convoy in the first place, any convoy more than 4 vehicles is shitty!
Only Ambulance, fire service & Police on duty of emergency are supposed to blow Siren 🚨 & break Traffic lights.
Not politicians. If this can be achieved , mehn kudos!
Nigeria can be great again.

1 Like

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by LibertyRep: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2023
Wawu
Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2023
What about the madmen on camouflage? Are they also to observe traffic regulations?
Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Salvation2: 8:47am On Jun 27, 2023
Nice one coming from the Oga of Police. Please let's obey him and have respect for his office.

In the same way, let also OBEY the Almighty God, who has sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for us all. Let's put Him first in all our ways. Without Christ in our lives, we will live in crisis. SALVATION is free through Jesus Christ because He has already paid all the PRICE we deserve to pay on the CROSS of CALVARY. Put God first and witness a positive change in all that partains u starting from today. God bless us all...

Shalom!!!

2 Likes

Re: All Police Convoys To Observe Traffic Regulations – IGP by Primusinterpares(m): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2023
I truly hope so...

Anything uniform for this country nor dey obey law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Southerners Using Fulani Herdsmen To Divide North - Ango Abdullahi / APC Primaries: How Governors Put Oshiomhole In Trouble / Ballot Thieves Snatch Ballot Box In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.