Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,779 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? (1523 Views)

Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN / PHOTO (WAEC): No Yoruba State Among The Top 10 Literate / 10 Most Literate Countries Of Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by DaveHarry(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
good day my bros n sis dem! Yesterday we saw jamb release the top 10 most sought after tertiary institutions in Nigeria in the recently concluded jamb exams that were written nationwide. The exam attracted candidates from different places and tribes. And as we all know while filling the forms for this exam, there are spaces for a candidate to fill their preferred institutions be it uni, poly, coe. From the list we saw yesterday, it was made known that schools in the southwest region of Nigeria had the highest preference by candidates, but you know that does not mean the South West have the highest number of people attending higher institutions in Nigeria because according to jamb board, most of the institutions in the top 10 were new entrants. So after all said n done, which tribe in Nigeria actually have the highest percentage of literate population and if there's any stats to back it up.

2 Likes

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by donbachi(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
You go try do head count

2 Likes

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by FIRDAUS3(m): 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
Give it to South West, especially People from Ekiti State ( The Fountains of Knowledge)
But that was then.... in recent update

Imo state is the best educated state in Nigeria with its literacy level set at 96.43% when looking at educational advancement.

4 Likes

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Which Tribe In America Has The Highest Number Of Educated Persons? Just imagine if a US citizen asked this question

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by lordchiz(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
Imo .....no arguments!
Those people finish school for Africa

3 Likes

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by DaveHarry(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
DefKon:
Which Tribe In America Has The Highest Number Of Educated Persons? Just imagine if a US citizen asked this question
But certainly there is, and it won't be an insult to another tribe if the other comes out top. Education depends on choices
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by DaveHarry(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Honestly speaking I think the urhobos have the most educated people in one tribe

1 Like

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by LordIsaac(m): 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
Mwaghavul... grin

1 Like

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Nigerfine3: 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
..............and is fast becoming a norm for many graduates from one region not able to distinguish between
IS and HIS
AS and HAS
we still count them as educated lots. Go and check resent WAEC pass rate, Lagos came first from SW but nationwide they are 23rd. Let's talk about substance too,and not on past glory

2 Likes

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Ruke1989: 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
The tribes are not equal in population. Yoruba is 30 million. Urhobos are 4 million. If Yoruba has 25 million illiterates, they will still beat urhobos despite the entire 4 million urhobos being literate.
The right question should rather be, what tribe has the highest percent of literate population?
This will expose your chest beating because you will find literacy levels are higher with tribes having smaller populations when you calculate the percentages

1 Like

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Barims(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
The op na mumu
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by siofra(f): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
DefKon:

Which race in America has the highest number of educated persons??

They don't have tribes but they have races.
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by DaveHarry(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Barims:
The op na mumu
Ur father nai be mumu. I force u com here dis kwango

1 Like

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by ValZod(m): 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
Tribe this tribe that. Most of y’all Nigerians are stupid people. It only becomes much more evident when you travel out and see the whole world and see how you occupy a minute space in the affairs of the world.

While other countries and their youth ask questions on how to improve technology and advance society. You find dim witted Nigerians asking about tribe and non con-trivial issues. Y’all really deserved to be nuked so you can start afresh like Japan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Manna4Gurls: 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
From[b] Wikipedia [/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Emmypure: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
Imo no Sabi anything

1 Like

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Rathoreng(m): 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
see intelligent man here.
ValZod:
Tribe this tribe that. Most of y’all Nigerians are stupid people. It only becomes much more evident when you travel out and see the whole world and see how you occupy a minute space in the affairs of the world.

While other countries and their youth ask questions on how to improve technology and advance society. You find dim witted Nigerians asking about tribe and non con-trivial issues. Y’all really deserved to be nuked so you can start afresh like Japan
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by DaveHarry(m): 2:38am On Jun 28, 2023
Manna4Gurls:
From[b] Wikipedia [/b]
Wikipedia dey lie for dis one
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Nobody: 3:02am On Jun 28, 2023
siofra:

Which race in America has the highest number of educated persons??

They don't have tribes but they have races.
thank you for the correction
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by DaveHarry(m): 4:58am On Jun 28, 2023
ValZod:

u be ode...big ewe...folo ur tech go hell...all d think wey u dey think, how many tech u don fit improve. mugus
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by DaveHarry(m): 5:00am On Jun 28, 2023
Rathoreng:
see intelligent man here.
u dey call hypocrisy, say na intelligence. no wonder dat smallie fit deceive u cos u no sabi think basically. how many tech products u don fit make for dis ur useless life? ewe
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by DaveHarry(m): 5:07am On Jun 28, 2023
I can boldly say no Nigerian tech person has ever built anything from scratch; all of una na copy copy n paste n u call yourselves tech gurus; I usually lol wen I hear that. Even common web design you people can't do from scratch. If CMS no dey I sure say no Nigerian tech person for fit dey build website. Whites wey dey build everything for una, take life very simple. They talk about anything at anytime, yet they are far superior to you useless tech guys in Nigeria. From now on, anyone that identifies as a tech guru in NL; na thunder I go send go give am. Try it n see idiots!
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Typing: 5:27am On Jun 28, 2023
lordchiz:
Imo .....no arguments!
Those people finish school for Africa

LIES
How many Imo people go School? Over 70% of the Imo People I met did not go beyond Secondary School.

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by ValZod(m): 5:27am On Jun 28, 2023
DaveHarry:

u be ode...big ewe...folo ur tech go hell...all d think wey u dey think, how many tech u don fit improve. mugus

Unintelligence of a local homo sapien at it's peak
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by Typing: 5:31am On Jun 28, 2023
Emmypure:
Imo no Sabi anything

God bless you. You know them too well. Na only Ashawo their women Sabi. Their Boys no dey go School, na Yahoo and rituals them dey do.

Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by lordchiz(m): 7:42am On Jun 28, 2023
Typing:

LIES
How many Imo people go School? Over 70% of the Imo People I met did not go beyond Secondary School.
They there.....Na fact I dey tell u so......the so Ekiti mentioned up there....I don jam dem tire....some no even know what school is
Re: what tribe has the highest percent of literate population? by eteebanky1: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2023
Manna4Gurls:
From[b] Wikipedia [/b]

This northern states, I don't know why they're like this.

Tweh

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Suspends, Probes Fresh Graduate Over Tweet Against School Fee Hike / Which Is The Best Private University (academically) In Nigeria. / Uniben Postpone Resumption Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.