Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. (947 Views)

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / Modern Family Season 1 And 2 Available For Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by samology2000: 12:55am On Jun 28, 2023
Gone are those days our forefathers gave birth to dozen of children and still took good care of them. Now a days it is very difficult to achieve such because of the hardship and economics situation of the present day. This would make one think twice before giving birth to one, two or three children. So my people what is the Ideal number of children that's an average family should have?
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Mustack: 2:16am On Jun 28, 2023
A man with 2 wife's at least 5. But if it's a single wife, 2 or 3.
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 28, 2023
1 to 2. Nothing more nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:16am On Jun 28, 2023
Skyview01:
1 to 2. Nothing more nothing less.

What if i have the resources to take care of 4
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 28, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

What if i have the resources to take care of 4

What resources are we talking about here: time, emotions, money?
This is 2023 my friend and most people will never have that all the resources.
You think we are talking about money alone.
Millions of parents in Nigeria have no iota of idea what it means to raise a well adjusted child and reason why we have lots maladjusted and unproductive population.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by ibechris(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2023
Skyview01:

Millions of parents in Nigeria have no iota of idea what it means to raise a well adjusted child and reason why we have lots maladjusted and unproductive population.

I have three children and one is on the way...I have the resources to take care of them.

I have one million saved for my 7year old daughters University education, 700k saved for my 5yr old second daughters University education and 400k saved for my 2yr old sons university education while my unborn baby,I have called my acct officer to open a proxy mutual funds account for him or her.

Guy,it is all about being capable and proper planning. And lastly,I have bought them land worth 10million each which I would settle them with when they graduate so as to establish them in their twenties.

Proper financial planning is key.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Nazgul: 8:15am On Jun 28, 2023
Not more than 3 kids or less than 2 kids is ideal giving our present condition.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by frozen70(f): 8:24am On Jun 28, 2023
samology2000:
Gone are those days our forefathers gave birth to dozen of children and still took good care of them. Now a days it is very difficult to achieve such because of the hardship and economics situation of the present day. This would make one think twice before giving birth to one, two or three children. So my people what is the Ideal number of children that's an average family should have?

In my own opinion, three children are just ok, if you are lucky to have mixed gender then it's fantastic

You are not only planning for them
You have to plan for yourself too so that at old age you will have less worries

You may be well placed today where you are making rough money that is not accounted for because of that you start birthing like rats
What if tomorrow things turns the other way

Whats happens to you and them

You have to also consider giving them the best you can afford without tearing yourself into pieces

As they grow old, with less burden
You too grow old with out loosing your balance and still stay young while growing old

As far as life is concern, tomorrow is not even assured for anyone

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by akaahs(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2023
2 kids is ideal. I have a life to live for other things too not spending it entirely on noturing children.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Childfree: 9:26am On Jun 28, 2023
samology2000:

Very unfortunate that in this part of the world, to birth or have n number of children is not even about how many one wants or someone can take care of but just a factor of what the society thinks is an ideal number cry

It depends on what you think is right for you. If you think you are okay with the kind of life 50k+3 children gives, that's you to decide for yourself. If you think you are not okay with the kind of life 300k+3 gives, that's you to decide for yourself. Whatever you choose for yourself, don't come and be disturbing people of suffering. You knew what you are putting yourself into.

So op are you expecting to get answers from people to say 3 or 9 children then you'll go and give birth to 3 or 9? Because I don't understand the intent of such question.

All I care is if you aren't earning 500k downward with 2kids+, na just suffering which people here consider have normalized.
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by samology2000: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2023
Childfree:

Very unfortunate that in this part of the world, to birth or have n number of children is not even about how many one wants or someone can take care of but just a factor of what the society thinks is an ideal number cry

It depends on what you think is right for you. If you think you are okay with the kind of life 50k+3 children gives, that's you to decide for yourself. If you think you are not okay with the kind of life 300k+3 gives, that's you to decide for yourself. Whatever you choose for yourself, don't come and be disturbing people of suffering. You knew what you are putting yourself into.

So op are you expecting to get answers from people to say 3 or 9 children then you'll go and give birth to 3 or 9? Because I don't understand the intent of such question.

All I care is if you aren't earning minimum of 500k+ with maximum 2kids, na just suffering which people here consider have normalized.

It is just an avenue to enlighten future parents to learn from peoples experience so that they too will not fall victim of situation that is beyond their control and to cut their clothes according to their size.
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Mustack: 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
ibechris:

I have three children and one is on the way...I have the resources to take care of them.

I have one million saved for my 7year old daughters University education, 700k saved for my 5yr old second daughters University education and 400k saved for my 2yr old sons university education while my unborn baby,I have called my acct officer to open a proxy mutual funds account for him or her.

Guy,it is all about being capable and proper planning. And lastly,I have bought them land worth 10million each which I would settle them with when they graduate so as to establish them in their twenties.

Proper financial planning is key.

Sure I also have same plan for my 3 month old boy..

But what about those who aren't capable of such?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by jaksmillioniar: 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
I think is normal. D best is 4. I wish 2 boys 2 girls
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Capernum: 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
Meji ti to. Okunrin kan, Obinrin kan. Just perfect. Aseju ni irun aya.
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by ibechris(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2023
Mustack:

They should pls,limit child bearing to two maximum.
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by ibechris(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Mustack:

U can be doing 10 or 15k every month.
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Purvan(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
Two or three children from different women
I'm gonna be literally father of all nation's
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Mindlog: 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
Women should consider the number of children they can comfortably take care of on their own should they get widowed or their husbands become permanently incapacitated by poor health, worst still should their husbands decide to go "missing".
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by wunmi590(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Skyview01:

You write Intelligently..
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Kemadealadire(f): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2023
12 children so you can have a complete football team 🙄

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Mustack: 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
ibechris:

They should pls,limit child bearing to two maximum.

Good advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Mustack: 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
ibechris:

U can be doing 10 or 15k every month.

Nice advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Mustack: 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Mindlog:
Women should consider the number of children they can comfortably take care of on their own should they get widowed or their husbands become permanently incapacitated by poor health, worst still should their husbands decide to go "missing".

This make a lot of sense
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Mustack: 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
Kemadealadire:
12 children so you can have a complete football team 🙄

Advice him to make provisions for bench and reserve team.
Re: What Is The Ideal Number Of Children To Have In A Modern Family Of Today. by Kemadealadire(f): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
Mustack:

Advice him to make provisions for bench and reserve team.
The baton has been passed to you.

(1) (Reply)

Should She Forfeit Her Uk Admission? / Chill Guy / My Partners Sister Controls The Family, She Has Become A Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.